Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 9:28 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures
Default Why can't I put lots in and save?!
Hi, sorry if this i in the wrong section but when I use CAW whenever I try to put lots in and try to save it keeps saying CAW has stopped working it will take serveal minutes to try and solve the problem but nothing happens then it quits without saving.
Please help me or give me any ideas as I want to create my own neighbourhood so much.
The computer is a Vista and meets all the requirements.

Note: it has never saved with lots in before.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 6:27 AM
The Edit-In-Game feature in CAW? The save crashing - with how many Lots? You tested with just one small itty-bitty Lot, with not much CC or no CC at all? How about a blank World with one Lot with no CC? You've also tested loading up CAW with the DCcache folder removed temporarily to Desktop?

Do you want to post Game_Help:System_Specswiki? I think CAW has its own sys requirements on *top* of TS3's and whatever EP/SP you have.

Does your game work otherwise?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 8:03 AM
I have tried testing it on a small flat neighbourhood with one small lot (I don't know what CC is?) Haven't tried loading CAW up with the DCcache removed temporarily so I will try that and see how it goes. And yes my Sims 3 game works (it even has the WA expansion pack).
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 5:13 AM
CC=Custom content.

I haven't use CAW very much; and going by the response to your thread, you might have better luck in getting your CAW-usage or how-to questions answered in the CAW subforum under Create.

If it doesn't work with DCcache removed temporarily, the only other things I could think to suggest is to make sure all your drivers are updated, update Windows to latest Service Pack (if you haven't done so), defrag your HDD, disable all unneeded background processes, unplug all unused USB devices, disconnect from Internet and disable your Firewall and Antivirus and as a last resort, try CAW without WA installed. (Yep, grasping at straws there because I have no idea what the cause could be )

If you're willing - test one suggestion at a time and if any of my "shoot-in-the-dark" arrows hit a fix, please post back with that report.

ps: I just remembered - CAW has its own *cache files that you can delete in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\WorldbuilderCache path, on the off chance those get corrupted.