Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 11:23 PM
Default Converting Packages to Sim3packs on Mac
Is there any way to convert package files to Sim3packs on a Mac? I have a 2017 MacBook Pro with High Sierra installed if that helps.

Thanks for any help!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 2:13 AM
Update, so I was able to get S3PE working using wine. So hopefully merging packages will work instead of having to convert packages to Sim3packs.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Adamoadam
Update, so I was able to get S3PE working using wine. So hopefully merging packages will work instead of having to convert packages to Sim3packs.

Sorry to have ignored you, but was hoping someone with more recent cross-platform experience would respond. I never got as far as you did with these utilities and Wine and instead ended up having to shuffle files back and forth between my Mac and a PC running Windows to do things like this until I gave up on TS3 for Mac completely years ago and switched over to a Bootcamped install.

Good job, though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Sorry to have ignored you, but was hoping someone with more recent cross-platform experience would respond. I never got as far as you did with these utilities and Wine and instead ended up having to shuffle files back and forth between my Mac and a PC running Windows to do things like this until I gave up on TS3 for Mac completely years ago and switched over to a Bootcamped install.

Good job, though.

It’s ok, I appreciate the response. I was going to attempt to install Windows Vista on my ancient 2009 mac, however I managed to get S3PE to work before I made a full attempt. I have not figured out how to convert packages to Sim3packs, merging packages with S3PE has seemed to help some troubled content I had.
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Adamoadam
It’s ok, I appreciate the response. I was going to attempt to install Windows Vista on my ancient 2009 mac, however I managed to get S3PE to work before I made a full attempt. I have not figured out how to convert packages to Sim3packs, merging packages with S3PE has seemed to help some troubled content I had.

Hi Adamoadam

I can convert Sim3packs to packages on the Mac using a homemade utility, but I never thought to go the other way. It is probably not hard, just an XML wrapper around the package for the Launcher. What sort of troubled content did you have?

Like Igazor I use Bootcamp to play Sims3 on my Mac.

Peter