Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2022 at 4:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
sims3 crashes to desk top no error message; but i have info
hiiii everyone!

hopefully someone sees this and has some new ideas!

Sims 3 crashes to desktop after 2 hours. I have most the expansions, a bunch of DLC, and tons of CC.

I have it setup with GraphicsRule so it reads my graphics card.

I have Data Execution Prevention setup for the .exe files.

My computer should be more than powerful enough to run The Sims 3.

Any ideas of what I can do to prevent it from crashing to desktop?

Here are the PC specs below:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G (3.9 GHz up to 4.4 GHz , 16 MB L3 cache, 6 cores)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER (4 GB GDDR6 dedicated)

16 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM

1TB SSD storage

Windows 11 Home 64 Plus

Thanks so much!

Kathleen
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2022 at 10:08 PM
What is your temp? AMD runs cooler than Intel, but after 2 hrs, if hot may shut down. Also, run with task manager open, and see if defender or another malware program is eating resources. Hopefully a techie type will have more.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Aug 2022 at 4:08 AM
We're fresh out of techie types here. But while we're waiting for some to show up, I would ask if the OP has taken steps to limit the fps to 60 or whatever the refresh rate of their monitor is (some will run higher). A GTX 1650 Super is powerful enough to generate runaway fps and TS3 has no functional fps limiter like more modern games do. This is not the same procedure as GPU recognition, it needs to be handled within the Nvidia control panel and/or a third party program.

Let's also throw in some hopefully useful tips to help maintain game performance since, you know, supposedly I'm "on the payroll" over here:
http://www.nraas.net/community/TIPS...AME-PERFORMANCE
Forum Resident
#5 Old 24th Aug 2022 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Let's also throw in some hopefully useful tips to help maintain game performance since, you know, supposedly I'm "on the payroll" over here:

You get paid?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Aug 2022 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
You get paid?

Yeah, but unfortunately it's always in Simoleons. No bank will accept the checks because they don't know how to do the currency conversion.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Aug 2022 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
We're fresh out of techie types here. But while we're waiting for some to show up, I would ask if the OP has taken steps to limit the fps to 60 or whatever the refresh rate of their monitor is (some will run higher). A GTX 1650 Super is powerful enough to generate runaway fps and TS3 has no functional fps limiter like more modern games do. This is not the same procedure as GPU recognition, it needs to be handled within the Nvidia control panel and/or a third party program.

I took your advice and added an additional 15 mins to my game play. I delete all cashe files and featured items each game session. just wish i knew what was up? is there a specific setting i should have switched on with nrass? i have everything for it error trap etc. anyways thanks for taking time to recommend some steps.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Aug 2022 at 5:54 AM
So just to confirm, if you use the fps on cheat code while the game is running, as you play and move the game camera around the displayed fps rate now never goes above 60 or whatever the refresh rate of your monitor is (measured in Hz)?

Ctrl + Shift + C to bring up the cheats console, type fps on (enter)., To make the display go away when you no longer wish to see it, cheats console again and type fps off (enter).

As measured by way of Task Manager, how much RAM (in MBs or GBs, not %s) is the game using at startup and again after an hour or more of play?

Which world(s) are you playing and what is their resident population (just the residents, not the others)? Using MasterController on City Hall, NRaas > MC > Demographics > Population > "X" to dismiss the filter.

Does the game behave any better/differently and use less in resources if as a test you start a new game in a known to be gentle to play world (e.g., Sunset Valley, Riverview, Twinbrook) or is it the same everywhere? What if you were to play with no CC, again just as a test?

You might want to consider bringing some of your ErrorTrap script logs, even if they are just routine logs and not real errors, to us at NRaas so we can get perhaps more of a picture of what you have going on. While 2 1/4 hours is not by any means a standard by which we need to go by on suitable hardware, it does seem to mean that the game is running well for you but its performance could stand some improvements if we can just figure out what's running away with resources or causing it to get crashy.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 6:01 PM
Always "Save As".
I just number them like Newbies1.0, Newbies1.1, etc.
Then quit normally without saving if you are done playing the Newbies or want to play a different Save such as Landgraab2.0. Just don't quit to the Main Menu.
Quit to Desktop/Origin and then Restart the game and load Landgraab 2.0.
I hope I understood the question correctly and this helps.