Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 7:12 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Is deleting Sims save with Master Controller?
Tried to google it but it thinks I want to delete the savefile .-. I know in Sims 2 its a fat NO NO! But in Sims 3 too? With Master Controller? I always deleted Sims in the past with it cause the game kept making more townies and moved Sims in which made my Game lag like crazy... Does Master Controller get rid of them savely or does this mess things up? I ask cause I want to start playing Sims 3 again and dont want to break directly when I want to get rid of all Sims coming with Worlds...
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 8:51 PM
I think if you use Total Annihilation, it should be fine.

https://www.nraas.net/community/mas...ssion/topic8793

You can use NRAAS Storyprogression to moderate your immigration without having to delete individual sims.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 9:44 PM
To add, total annihilation does work from the advanced MC menu, and Nraas Register allows you to set the number of service Sims, to keep that population down. I thought SP had a setting for total Sims allowed, but could not find it yesterday when I wanted to adjust my population settings.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Aug 2022 at 2:48 PM
Okay thanks! I will more look through the options to stop that... its just that it has so much options and menus where I never know what it does and if its working XD
Forum Resident
#6 Old 28th Aug 2022 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
It only affects resident sims, not service sims. Service sims will be created as much as necessary, though you can modify their pool I think through NRAAS register as you've mentioned.

But if you're using KW's pregnancy, it will ignore NRAAS SP res pop setting. NRAAS SP resident population control only affect their own algorithm.

Not sure what you meant by "it"? Total annihilation? Because in my game, both residents and homeless show, as I accidentally killed Grim Reaper a couple of years ago, which made my game a bit boring, as my vampires tend to kill a lot!

Yes, service and role Sims are generated as needed, however, as I have never seen service Sims, IE maid, butler, repairman, babysitter, etc, on any lot other than when called to the active lot, and I have been doing as I mentioned for quite some time, Register appears to be effective setting the number of service Sims, as I do not see any extra if I check population.

KW is kept in check by reloading Nraas saved settings, AFTER KW does it's delayed load. ))) KW doesn't like it, and tries to tell you to restart the game, but poo poop on that.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Aug 2022 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Not sure what you meant by "it"? Total annihilation?

No, what he means is that SP's world population cap settings are soft caps. They only restrict SP itself from pushing pregnancies, adoptions, and resident immigration when the max population is reached but it can't stop these things when pushed by player actions or other forces like non-NRaas mods.

The option in question is SP > General Options > Options: Sims > Maximum Residents (defaults are 150 for humans and 25 for each pet species)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Aug 2022 at 10:11 PM
Do I have to turn off all these options like imigrations and stuff when I disabled Story Progression with Nrass? Or does it just stop specific things? I dont want anyone moving in... I just want MY Sims and no one else moving random in anywhere :/
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Aug 2022 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KiraNettt
Do I have to turn off all these options like imigrations and stuff when I disabled Story Progression with Nrass? Or does it just stop specific things? I dont want anyone moving in... I just want MY Sims and no one else moving random in anywhere :/

I don't think I entirely understand the question. You have installed NRaas SP but have NRaas SP's version of progression switched off? Then the mod won't do much of anything and in that case either EA's built in story progression is in control or you have none at all, depending on how you have set the checkbox on the built-in game options. If SP is in control of progression, then it doesn't matter how the built-in checkbox options is set.

If you want SP to control resident immigration, then it needs to be in charge of progression.
SP > General Options > Enable Progression > True (again, on False the mod isn't going to manage much of anything and many of its option choices will just disappear)
SP > General Options > Options: Lots > Options: Immigration/Emigration > Immigration Gauge > 0 (shuts down the SP resident immigration engine, is already 0 by default)

If you do not wish for SP to progress any resident sims in town at all, so that means no residents move forward (or backwards) with their careers, skills, friendships, relationships, romance, baby making, etc. on their own, then you will forever be playing whack-a-mole with the mod's progression options trying to control everything. I would have to say that actually TS3 with its Open World is not the right game to playing for that level of control, that's more of what TS2 and TS4 are like. It's possible though that I am not understanding what you are trying to accomplish with the mod.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 12:15 AM
WAIT WHAT????? I got the mod cause I wanted to completely turn of Story Progression and aging on the not played Sims and disabling the EA Version is bugged and never worked on me.. People told me I can turn that off completely with NRaas Story Progression to get it like Sims 2! So you are telling me I had the mod turned off the whole time for years? XD I thought with that I just turn off the progression... not the mod .-. I guess people told me wrong.. Thanks for letting me know... When I had EAs version turned off stuff still happend and Sims on other lots where still aging which I hate... I could turn that off with NRaas SP though... I just want the Sims 2 playstyle but I still want the stuff in Sims 3 So it would be possible to disable Storyprogresion with NRaas SP but it would be harder to do? To set it up correctly? I have hard time working German Version cause its not well translated... rather would have the english version .-.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 12:32 AM
TS3 will never play exactly like TS2 does. As I understand it, households not being played in TS2 are in suspended animation and don't even go to work/school, let alone populate community lots except maybe just for show, so that when you returned gameplay to their home they would be exactly how you left them, time of day and everything. TS3 is just not designed for total player control like that.

The closest we can get is to deploy some form of Rotational Play, either by way of SP Caste settings or AwesomeMod's way of doing things with "blessed" or "chosen" designations (I forget exactly what they are called, it's been far too many years since I played the AwesomeMod way myself). But even then, inactive sims do not stay locked in their houses and they are bound to pickup some friendships, enemies, skills, fondness for a certain food, etc. while they are not actively being played.

You are correct that the EA way, progression on or off, does not stop things from happening to sims while they are not being played either by design or by accident.

SP Rotational Play settings require that SP actually be in control of Progression. It takes much more than a single on-off switch though, and it also requires a more relaxed stance regarding sins not actively being played. Patience and a sense of humor also help a lot.
http://www.nraas.net/community/Stor...-Caste-Settings
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 12:52 PM
Thank you very much! I will look through it I heard that EAs broke after time... I remember back in 2012 that my Sims stopped aging on other lots when it was deactivated... at least I think cause I cant remember having that issue and I didnt used Mods at that time... but I could be wrong...