Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#30326 Old 1st Oct 2022 at 7:55 PM
Is it possible to take a family in the family bin from one neighborhood and put them into a different one?
Like, an off-shoot of the Calientes in the family bin in Pleasantview, but placing them into Veronaville.
Advertisement
Theorist
#30327 Old 1st Oct 2022 at 8:35 PM
Only Sims 3 does that. You could only clone Sims' appearances through Body Shop and then have those Sims appear in the Sim Bin (available through CAS), but their personality wouldn't be carried over (aspirations, turn-ons, interests, memories, relationships).

You could place a family on a lot and then move the lot (be it empty or with a house) in the Lots & Houses Bin. This would corrupt both the source and destination neighborhoods, though, but would make copies of Sims across neighborhoods.
Mad Poster
#30328 Old 1st Oct 2022 at 8:38 PM
Possible, yes. Advisable, no.
A tool to do this shipped with the game, but people who did it found that the moved family had no relationships or memories at all anymore, and over time it became clear that this action corrupted both neighborhoods. As I understand it, what happens is that some of the data for the members of the household goes with them, and some gets left behind. These stray bits of data then become attached to new characters (as the ID Nos of the sims who left get reused), often inappropriately, leading to things like pets walking like human sims and with inappropriate relationships. Meanwhile, the new neighborhood has sims with incomplete data, so they aren't going to work right.

The safe way to get this effect is to clone the sims in the household by copying their appearance in SimPE and adding them to the Saved Sims folder, where you can take the shells and recreate the personalities in CAS. They won't remember Veronaville, but you can simulate many of the things that make them themselves by manipulating interests, hobbies, income, etc., with editing tools and cheats. Meanwhile, if you don't want to play the original household, you can declare them "moved" and make them into townies (such as vacation locals or downtownies) who only show up occasionally in the background; have them quit their jobs and then move them to the family bin indefinitely; or use Simlogical's Prison System to give them prison tokens and keep them away from community lots.

It is generally held that, after cloning with SimPE, that sims should be "cleaned" by cloning them again in Bodyshop. The reason for this is that SimPE clones have much larger files than bodyshop clones, and we don't know exactly why. SimPE clones retain the data for their different states of dress, including Seasons hairstyle changes; but is that enough to account for the file size difference? I don't know of anyone who has experimented with this to find out. This is why people sharing sims will often specify that a sim has been "run through" or "cleaned in" Bodyshop. The whole point of the exercise is to avoid corruption, after all! And we simply don't know for sure whether a SimPE clone has damaging data attached to it, or not.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#30329 Old 1st Oct 2022 at 10:02 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 1st Oct 2022 at 10:16 PM.
Running the SimPE-extracted sim through Bodyshop extracts the face and the wearable CAS info - and only that (the info is stored in the 8x8 digit package file that is created when you clone/make a sim). Any ingame info and personality is removed. If you try to package this sim, you'll get the face file and any packagable CC.

If you try to package a SimPE-sim that hasn't been cloned in Bodyshop, the original SimPE-extracted file will be packaged. This file is the actual sim, not the face file, and it doesn't have the info stored the same way as a Bodyshop clone. It doesn't package any CC.

Packaging sims with houses is a bad idea, and putting an occupied lot down in a new neighborhood is an even worse idea, because it can cause corruption (leftover memories, relationships, etc.) - whether it happens slow or fast would probably depend on how much you play that neighborhood and/or family, and whether you're prepared to stand by with a cleaning crew to fix the mess. The only "safe-ish" occupied lot is the Kim&Kat house that originally shipped with Pets.
Scholar
#30330 Old 1st Oct 2022 at 11:43 PM
I've taken a few Sims on vacation and every time they ordered room service and ate their food, neither the housemaid or my Sims themselves would clean it up. The housemaid wouldn't make an attempt (but they'd clean everything else) and my Sims would stomp their feet at me. I had to remove them myself with Stuck Object Remover. I did do some research, and I do have "nobathroomdishes" by Pescado so what I'm wondering is... If I put a dishwasher in each hotel room or somewhere else in the hotel (i.e the reception), would this be enough for them to actually clean the dishes up? I don't want to remove "nobathroomdishes"
Alchemist
#30331 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 2:03 AM
@CatMuto because of the problems that other simmers have mentioned, the best way to do this, if you want sims to have their memories and relationships, etc., would be to add Pleasantview as a subhood to the new hood you want. The downside is that you would have to add the whole neighborhood, and so get rid of the sims you don't want (kill them, make them townies, stick a prisoner tag in their inventories, etc.) But the upside is that it will be Nina and Dina with their history and connections and memories. Several people have made main hoods as subhoods; I use ones by Meetme2theriver, but there's newer/other ones out there.

@Fyren5 The housekeeper is notoriously buggy. You want Improved Housekeeping by Simwardrobe/Paladin. Look in the SimWardrobe archive under Objects - NPCs and NPC Fixes. I also recommend Bellhop Repair fix, too.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#30332 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 10:20 AM Last edited by kanzen : 2nd Oct 2022 at 10:50 AM.
How did the butler get into my secret room and harvested my simoleon plants?? I locked the door before I hired the butler??
Lab Assistant
#30333 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 11:18 AM
Do I need the family fun patch for/any other patch for the UC?
Mad Poster
#30334 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot

The UC (Origin version!) is fully patched, but needs a small fix for the Holiday pack, found here if you want the Holiday clothes to work properly.

"Arr'd" versions of the full game might or might not be patched. Some are marked as UC because they contain all the packs in one or another form, but may or may not be the actual Origin version or be patched, so keep that in mind.

There are differences between the Origin UC, a full game made up of single CDs, and a full game made up of different variations of single CDs and collections (file paths are different, patching is different). You'll want to know what you have in front of you and whether it's been pre-patched or not.
Lab Assistant
#30335 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The UC (Origin version!) is fully patched, but needs a small fix for the Holiday pack, found here if you want the Holiday clothes to work properly.

"Arr'd" versions of the full game might or might not be patched. Some are marked as UC because they contain all the packs in one or another form, but may or may not be the actual Origin version or be patched, so keep that in mind.

There are differences between the Origin UC, a full game made up of single CDs, and a full game made up of different variations of single CDs and collections (file paths are different, patching is different). You'll want to know what you have in front of you and whether it's been pre-patched or not.

Thanks for your reply!
What happens if you don't have the holiday patch/what does it mean the clothes don't work properly? The disappear, or something else?
Mad Poster
#30336 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 3:46 PM
They just don't show up. If you didn't know about this issue and don't spesifically look for the missing items, you probably wouldn't notice they were gone. The files in the Origin version aren't quite the same as the ones in the original CDs - they're missing some references, and the filesize is a bit different.

It's not really a patch (like the EA patches), it's more of a file replacement to swap the non-working files with the working ones, and a guide on how/where to install it.
Mad Poster
#30337 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 3:49 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 2nd Oct 2022 at 4:27 PM. Reason: Belated proofreading!
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
I don't want to remove "nobathroomdishes"
I'm sort of interested to know why you like this mod.

The very first Sims house I ever played was 19 Chorus Court in Veronaville, when I moved the first Sims I made, Andrew and his mum Gloria, into it almost ten years ago. As Maxis built that house it had a tiny kitchen with no sink, and no room to add one. It did however have two decent sized bathrooms, so Gloria and her son always washed their dishes in the bathrooms. One day I was on MATY looking at Pescado's mods, and I spotted nobathroomdishes. Gloria said to me, "Well, if you get that one, I won't be able to wash our dishes at all. Do you want us to throw all the dirty dishes in the bin?" [Of course my Sims talk to me; don't yours? ] Well, of course I didn't want them throwing out the dishes after every meal -- I care about the environment -- so I didn't get the mod.

Also, in larger households, I find that everybody, including the children, offers to help wash the dishes. If there's only one sink, that causes a lot of congestion. But, if you let some of them take the dishes to the bathrooms, they get them all washed quickly, with as little fuss as possible. All told, nobathroomdishes is a mod I'm sure neither I, nor my Sims, want.

(Eventually Gloria succeeded in getting planning permission to build a small extension. It's hard to get planning in Eastside Veronaville, as it's a conservation area, but having a boyfriend on the town council was a help. It's only a small extension, but it gave Gloria room for a sink, and even for her punchbag to work out in the kitchen. It also made enough room for Andrew to get a double bed into his bedroom, which is above the kitchen. )
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
I don't use the UC myself, but, as far as I know, it's fully patched. EA/Maxis brought it out several years after the patches.
[EDIT] simmer22 answered you, much better than I can, while I was busy writing my epistle to fyren5!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#30338 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
The housekeeper is notoriously buggy. You want Improved Housekeeping by Simwardrobe/Paladin. Look in the SimWardrobe archive under Objects - NPCs and NPC Fixes. I also recommend Bellhop Repair fix, too.

I actually have that mod installed but my housekeeper will clean everything except clean up the dishes. I recently just noticed that they did try to wash them up but they just put them back down, I assume they tried to use the bathroom sink in my Sims' suite. I tried with my Sims and they did the same thing. I'll see if having a dishwasher in the suite will help.

Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I'm sort of interested to know why you like this mod.

The very first Sims house I ever played was 19 Chorus Court in Veronaville, when I moved the first Sims I made, Andrew and his mum Gloria, into it almost ten years ago. As Maxis built that house it had a tiny kitchen with no sink, and no room to add one. It did however have two decent sized bathrooms, so Gloria and her son always washed their dishes in the bathrooms. One day I was on MATY looking at Pescado's mods, and I spotted nobathroomdishes. Gloria said to me, "Well, if you get that one, I won't be able to wash our dishes at all. Do you want us to throw all the dirty dishes in the bin?" [Of course my Sims talk to me; don't yours? ] Well, of course I didn't want them throwing out the dishes after every meal -- I care about the environment -- so I didn't get the mod.

Also, in larger households, I find that everybody, including the children, offers to help wash the dishes. If there's only one sink, that causes a lot of congestion. But, if you let some of them take the dishes to the bathrooms, they get them all washed quickly, with as little fuss as possible. All told, nobathroomdishes is a mod I'm sure neither I, nor my Sims, want.

I just prefer my Sims to use the sink in the kitchen instead of trekking to the bathroom sinks. I'm currently revising my mods folder so who knows, maybe I'll throw it out? Unfortunately my Sims don't communicate with me on that level.
Mad Poster
#30339 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 6:53 PM
I just prefer my Sims to use the sink in the kitchen instead of trekking to the bathroom sinks.
But don't you then find that you've got two adults, three teens and a child, all trying to put their dishes in the sink at the same time? In my experience at least one of them will give up and throw the dishes in the dustbin/trashcan instead of washing them. I just find it easier to let them use the bathroom sinks.
Unfortunately my Sims don't communicate with me on that level.
Andrew and his mum Gloria are two of my best friends. I never make any big decision in my life without I run it by Andrew first. :lovestruc

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#30340 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 7:36 PM
But don't you then find that you've got two adults, three teens and a child, all trying to put their dishes in the sink at the same time? In my experience at least one of them will give up and throw the dishes in the dustbin/trashcan instead of washing them. I just find it easier to let them use the bathroom sinks.

Not if they have a dishwasher! If they don't have a dishwasher, I sometimes run into that problem but that's only because whilst an adult or teen is cleaning up all of the plates, one kid decides to take just one plate and leave the rest, throwing a tantrum because they didn't get to the sink in time for that one plate. I've got Simler90's Cleaning Mod so my Sims don't throw plates in the bin anymore. Sometimes I wish I knew how to mod because some features I love and others I can live without.

Andrew and his mum Gloria are two of my best friends. I never make any big decision in my life without I run it by Andrew first. :lovestruc

I adore when you comment about your connection to your Sims. :lovestruc
Alchemist
#30341 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 7:44 PM
@kanzen Npcs like the butler and maid can ignore locked doors. I think you gotta use Authorized Personnel Only by Pescado if you want to stop that behavior. IIRC, though, the object is very expensive, so I'd reprice it. Or if you have a witch who knows Magivestigium or a sim who can teleport (and have the mod that lets you teleport anywhere) you can try putting the money trees in a room with no doors.

@Fyren5, are there no other sinks on the lot? Because if there are, I would think the sims should try to use those, instead of just putting the plate down. Maybe turn boolprop on and see if you're getting a bug, or maybe check your mods--perhaps you have one affecting how far away they should take the dishes?

Honestly, the dishes in the bathroom thing drives me nuts. I always put a sink in the kitchen, even if it's a new house and sims are just moving in. That's just basic building, imo. I know I wouldn't move into a place and expect to use the bathroom sink instead of the kitchen sink. Plus I think of the bathroom sink as a smaller sink, meant really for washing hands and not dishes and pots, you know? And if I absolutely had to choose between two sinks, because of money or whatever, I would put a kitchen sink, and skip the bathroom sink. But I don't really like to do that either. I know some simmers might do that to save money, especially when a household is just starting out, perhaps because in a vanilla game sims don't really use the bathroom sink at all. But idk, it just feels icky and I don't like doing it. Instead I put in a mod that makes sims with 3 or more neat points wash their hands after using the toilet.

And then, on a practical/gameplay note, it's just annoying to have sims use the bathroom sink--usually someone is in there or is about to go to the bathroom and having someone try to wash dishes just clogs up the bathroom. I think I mentioned this before, but too many sims in my game love hanging out in the bathroom. Idk why some simmers seem to have this problem and others don't (maybe it's the size?), but I've definitely have had bathroom parties before--my sims are always giving birth in there, checking themselves out, or playing in the bathtub! And then toddlers follow their parents in there, and triple bolters find any excuse to hang out there, if their love is nearby. So the more I can keep them out of there, the better.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#30342 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 8:34 PM
I've taken a few Sims on vacation and every time they ordered room service and ate their food, neither the housemaid or my Sims themselves would clean it up. The housemaid wouldn't make an attempt (but they'd clean everything else) and my Sims would stomp their feet at me. I had to remove them myself with Stuck Object Remover. I did do some research, and I do have "nobathroomdishes" by Pescado so what I'm wondering is... If I put a dishwasher in each hotel room or somewhere else in the hotel (i.e the reception), would this be enough for them to actually clean the dishes up? I don't want to remove "nobathroomdishes"

Yes, a dishwasher in every room does work. Your sims will have no problem washing dishes. I don't have "nobathroomdishes" but my maids wouldn't do dishes either, so I put a dishwasher in every room and sims do use them.
Top Secret Researcher
#30343 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 8:34 PM
A question about hack conflicts. If the Hack conflict detector program (I have HackconflictPlus 1.2) tells me that two conflicting hacks load after one another, how does it take into account if they are in two different folders? I have a Mods folder in the Downloads that contains a few folder based on creators.
Lazyduchess' story progression mod seems to conflict with a few things I have and I was wondering what to do about it.
Alchemist
#30344 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 9:40 PM
Doesn't the updated HCDU tell you which loads first (left) and which loads later (right)? Otherwise, I believe the game loads by folder then file name--that's how I structure my Downloads. In situations where load order is extremely particular and/or I have several files that I need to make sure load in a certain order, I just put them all into the same folder and rename them to make sure they load in the correct order. Mind you, when I do that my files all have the creator name on it and I'll put an info jpg/png of each mod's description, so it's not only clear what mods are there, but also so I can use a file finder to search for the mod later, if necessary.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#30345 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 10:21 PM
Are there no other sinks on the lot? Because if there are, I would think the sims should try to use those, instead of just putting the plate down. Maybe turn boolprop on and see if you're getting a bug, or maybe check your mods--perhaps you have one affecting how far away they should take the dishes?

I forgot to check for other sinks. I know one hotel has a dining area but I haven't had Sims in there yet. I'm revising my mods because I'm having additional oddities, so I'll find out if anything is indeed doing something it shouldn't. Thanks so much for helping!

Quote: Originally posted by Debby1957
Yes, a dishwasher in every room does work. Your sims will have no problem washing dishes. I don't have "nobathroomdishes" but my maids wouldn't do dishes either, so I put a dishwasher in every room and sims do use them.

Thank you! I will do this and see how it goes. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#30346 Old 3rd Oct 2022 at 3:02 AM
Doesn't the updated HCDU tell you which loads first (left) and which loads later (right)? Otherwise, I believe the game loads by folder then file name--that's how I structure my Downloads. In situations where load order is extremely particular and/or I have several files that I need to make sure load in a certain order, I just put them all into the same folder and rename them to make sure they load in the correct order. Mind you, when I do that my files all have the creator name on it and I'll put an info jpg/png of each mod's description, so it's not only clear what mods are there, but also so I can use a file finder to search for the mod later, if necessary.

Yes, it does that. I was just wondering if the load order goes across folders or not.
Unfortunately, I'm not quite as well-organized.
Thanks, this is very helpful.
Scholar
#30347 Old 3rd Oct 2022 at 1:24 PM
Is there an "Edit in CAS" option to use in Sims 2, either via Debug (Shift+Click on Sim) or a mod? I'd like to be able to really change my Sims' appearance, without having to go to a lot and buy clothes, for example.
Mad Poster
#30348 Old 3rd Oct 2022 at 2:40 PM
Not in the game, but Christian Love made a Gussy Up program after Seasons came out, which has since been updated. Alas, I downloaded it a couple of computers ago and don't have the bookmark or remember who updated it. Somebody on here will, though. It allows you to Buy Clothes, Plan Outfit, Check Clothes, Change Appearance, and Perform Plastic Surgery, not just on an active sim, but on any editable sim strolling by (though it can take several tries to gussy up a busy NPC - I don't think I've ever successfully changed appearance on a restaurant host).

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30349 Old 3rd Oct 2022 at 3:45 PM
Field Researcher
#30350 Old 3rd Oct 2022 at 5:29 PM
Can anyone remind me of how to properly summon certain NPCs (like the Grand Witches, Grand Vampire, etc.)? Is it safe to do just with boolprop or should I get some mod? I can't remember.
Page 1214 of 1345