Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lord Woot, the tentacled monster, from the comic Elf Only Inn (Colors & Meshes)

by Akabarl Posted 9th Sep 2007 at 3:08 AM - Updated 1st Jul 2008 at 2:41 AM by Akabarl : Pointing out a nice recolor from baian

90 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 83 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 4:38 PM
This is the coolest looking thing I have ever seen any one come up with for the sims... I would be downloading it but I am waiting for Bon Voyage to be delievered to me before I download ne more custom content... But Great Job... this thing is awesome!!!!
Test Subject
#27 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 4:42 PM
wow this is great!! Thanks alot, i'm gunna download it 4 an alien neibourhood i'm making luv the huggin pic!!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 5:15 PM
Wonderful! I can believe that so a skin work, but i does.
Thank you for sharing.

Greetz picy
Instructor
#29 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 5:57 PM
This pretty much guarantees that I will someday have to make a space station neighborhood, so I can drop a few tentacle monsters in it. (Now I just need to improve my recoloring skills enough to make a suitable tentacle monster.)
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Akabarl
silo pixel & bean: I'd really like to avoid that mental image myself.

Are you saying you don't want screenshots?

coming to you directly from the mothership/make my funk the p.funk
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 8:25 PM
Haha, it's so cute! I've never seen something quite like this and it made my day.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 10:53 PM
He's awesome. I've got him on a lot of his own and he wants friends, and keeps wanting to hug Sims-passerby, but they don't want his hugs. LOL

Just a great job. He's fun to watch. Now we need Mrs. Woot and all the little Woots. (Hint Hint) Lord Woot is LONELY....
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 12:13 AM
he's adorable
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Silky-M
Just a great job. He's fun to watch. Now we need Mrs. Woot and all the little Woots. (Hint Hint) Lord Woot is LONELY....

If you want to see some real chaos, have him jump up and down on a couch some time.

My wife has mentioning me doing a female Woot several times, but I've been dodging the topic because sorting out the bone assignments on another skeleton altogether is not a notion I relish. Still, I'll give it some thought after my current projects...

-Akabarl-

p.s. And in case you are curious, projects you are most likely to see pop up before that point include:
* A D&D style Ioun Stone spinning around the head (technically its working, but I want to refine its look before uploading Friday or Saturday).
* Dogfolk feet for females (was requested by PM).
* An attempt to animate Woot's eyeball so he blinks/glances around rather then have the rigid stare as current.
* Snoopy's friend woodstock as an accessory fluttering overhead.
* The Kool-Aid Man (because a co-worker dared me to try and do it).

Other goofy ideas by PM are of course welcome...
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 1:26 AM
Wow, that's some original simming! One of the more adventurous creations I've ever seen! Well done.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 1:47 AM Last edited by Silky-M : 14th Sep 2007 at 2:04 AM. Reason: Update
Comments:

He turns human from the head down when dressed for sleep, exercise, work (some) and when bathing. That doesn't work right at all. It'd be great if he can just stay BEM all the time.

I have him in a criminal career.

I love it that he stays a BEM for swimming. Looks awesome.

I took a screenshot of him being abducted (heh heh) that is absolutely fantastic. He had an alien baby with alien skintone (blue in my game) and it's really cute to see him taking care of his son Grdyxyzki (Zacki for short.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 2:04 AM Last edited by Akabarl : 14th Sep 2007 at 8:43 AM. Reason: clarrification regarding sleep proofing
He turns human from the head down when dressed for sleep and when bathing.

I'll add trying shower-proof him to my agenda for when I try to animate his eyeball. Its going to involve work on the package anyway so I can try and get it all sorted out at once.

As far as the pajamas, the tentacle body should be configured for that use already. You just have to plan outfit for that (and every other outfit type) at a convinient dresser, choosing the tentacles each time.

I took a screenshot of him being abducted (heh heh) that is absolutely fantastic.

You really have to post or mail me a couple of those shots. I've never seen a normal sim abducted and with alien child, let alone Woot.

-Akabarl-
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#38 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 2:45 AM
It's easy enough to make his clothing for the other categories -- showerproof will be a bit more work. Just go recolor his outfit in bodyshop - and checkmark any missing categories before you import it to the game.

Very cute idea!

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Alchemist
#39 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 7:06 AM
Lord Woot is such a darling and will become a great traveller in my game. Really, a masterpiece!
Thanks,
Theorist
#40 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 9:00 AM
LOL o i love this
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 3:04 PM
Silky-M, your screenshots are hilarious. Baby Woot! So cute.

Akabari, thank you again... I'm really enjoying my Lord Woot. He lives with a couple of Cthulhuians , but he totally outshines them. Watching him dance is my favorite. :lovestruc

coming to you directly from the mothership/make my funk the p.funk
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 3:33 PM
A masterpiece! If I had a sci-fi or fantasy neighbourhood, I would download it immediately! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#43 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 4:25 PM
Amusing thing happened to me last night: I wanted to test out some aspects of Woot, so I made a new Sim of him in a fresh lot and was proceeding. After a little while the "welcome wagon" visitor event occurred. By some statistical anomoly (its a normal shipped neighborhood so I wouldn't expect only my creations to show up), the three Sims that arrived were:
1) Another Woot (the original one used for the screenshots in my project).
2) Fionna Ogre from the household I was testing my Shrek Ears in.
3) The Social Worker from "Home of the Hidden " (HotH is a project I put on the Exchange over two years ago which is a nice lot with five normally npc Sims living on it as roommates: Grim Reaper, Social Bunny, Sim Shrink, Social Worker, and Repo Man).

It was sort of creepy.

-Akabarl-
Test Subject
#44 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 5:08 PM
So the comic has been updating? I udes to read it about 3 years ago but sadly it stopped updating for a really long time I loved it so much being a super big fan of online comics. You did an excellent job!!!!!! Way to go!
Forum Resident
#45 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 5:51 PM
Alien! *scarms like a girl*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by embry
So the comic has been updating?

It started up again like a year ago with the characters having moved from playing in a chat room to playing in a World of Warcraft clone.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 6:22 PM
very cute and funny XD thx

'-.~<:'.,.$Ug@R-Pu££-$@m.,.':>~.-'
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 4:27 AM
I love this, it's so freaking cute and funny!!!! Thank you so much Akabarl! Can't wait to see more creations from you!!!
Test Subject
#49 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 5:48 AM
Awesome! I love EOI.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 6:45 AM
OMG AWESOME! That´s the funniset thing I´ve seen for like a month (no wait I saw this movie the other day... oh nevermind). Point is, your creation is plain and simply wonderful! Thank you for making and sharing this with us! Im gonna have that thing go wohoo asap with one of my simmies :D
Page 2 of 4