Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2021 at 4:39 PM
Default WCIF: Mod that allows Collection Files used on Dormitory lots
I don't know why, but buying from collection files is banned on dormitory lots. I can't give my YA sims living in dorms traits because of this. Has anyone ever made a mod to correct this error?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 6:31 PM
No, I don't think a mod has ever addresses this.

Have you tried using the building tool cheats? Would that make collections accessible? (boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false)

Otherwise, you could summon them to another lot and give them traits, or, if you use a build/buy enabler, go to a community lot and use buy/build mode there. I think collections should be available then.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 7:35 PM
Have you tried making the collection on a dorm lot to begin with? As I have definitely used collections from dorms before.

I don't use traits though so maybe I'm not understanding why this is relevant.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Alchemist
#4 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 8:27 PM
I believe the OP has the traits in a collections only bundle, so they only show up in the collection, and don't clutter the catalog. But certain build features are not available in dorms, and I believe collections is one of them. But perhaps it depends on the type of collection?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 9:23 PM
Yes. I play 3t2 traits and I don’t want them to show up anywhere except a collection file.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 2:26 AM
Use a build and buy enabler- I wouldn't play without it.
https://modthesims.info/d/204467/bu...r-for-pets.html Go to the comments and you will find the updated file, roundabout post 48. The pet file won't work in the full game.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 8:13 PM
Build mode is available in dorms and everywhere thanks to the uni cheat code boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled [true/false]

If you add these lines to your userstartup.cheat file, you won't have to type this long code, just toolson or toolsoff:

alias toolson "boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled off" "tools accessible" "dormspecifictoolsdisabled off"

alias toolsoff "boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled on" "tools off" "dormspecifictoolsdisabled on"