Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 8:09 PM
A mod to let Sims leave the playable lot for a few hours without vacation or visiting a different lot?
For example: I want to let the parent and sibling Sims leave the lot for a few hours or days, so I can let the Teen Sim throw a party while they're home alone.

Or would this be achievable by deleting the other Sims by moveobjects on and resurrecting them later on?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 10:53 PM
I think your best bet would be to use Chris Hatch's Wait on Community Return. Chris Hatch's mods are available here (after clicking on the .mht file, look for Wait on Community Return).

But there is an old mod by I think Melcaramel that adds a few interactions to the car where sims leave the lot for a few hours. It definitely conflicts with something in my downloads folder, but you never know--try it and maybe it would work for you. I originally got it from this thread, but that link is down. Since I've no idea the original site and if it's uploaded elsewhere, I've reuploaded it here: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2534802/

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 1:19 PM
@phantomknight: thanks! How did the mod conflict express in your game when you used Melcaramel's old mod?

Seems like I already have a mod that lets the Sim be away from home for an x amount of hours they spend on the community lot, so I can just send some Sims for few days or hours visiting a different lot, yet making sure their needs are filled (I yet have to test if this also works with the mod that allows Sims visiting residential lots).
Alchemist
#4 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 3:07 PM
I think I just got jump bugs and/or some of the interactions didn't work. Like I think the new take a spin interactions might have worked okay, but not the wash the car and repair actions. And I don't remember if it worked on custom cars at all.

Overall, nothing game breaking, but I ultimately decided it wasn't worth the install.

For keeping sims' needs up, you can try something like BoilingOil's Need Freak, but I'm not sure if it works on off world sims.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her