Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Transparent Floor Tile Set

by RGiles Posted 24th Dec 2004 at 1:08 PM - Updated 15th Mar 2007 at 9:55 PM by MTS2Staff

174 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 153 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Test Subject
#76 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 7:22 AM
Is it possible to make parts transparent and parts opaque? Like a grate? I am dying to remake a house I had in Sims 1.

Lab Assistant
#77 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 8:26 AM
awesome, I was just wanting this for a 2nd floor deck, thank you very much =)
Test Subject
#78 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 5:55 AM
I was just thinking maybe we can use the clear floor with a rug made to look like steel mesh or such put over it since I know rugs can be part transparent and part opaque.
Test Subject
#79 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 8:16 PM
Glass Floor
The floor tiles work wonderfully. thanks
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 6:32 AM
This really work, Good Job
Test Subject
#81 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 8:34 PM
What do i do with them?
Hello RGiles,
What do i do with my floors once i've unzipped them? The recomended program to use was SimPE and i don't know how to use that so i was just wondering if there was anyway to immediately load them into the game?
And just a note of thanks for your stealth stairs tutorial on the sims2 website exchange!!

Ta rhys_daborn
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 4:40 AM
I like them!! thanks RG!!

are there floors like these in real life? (sorry if this may seem like a stupid question..)
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
Original Poster
#83 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 6:39 AM
rhys_daborn,
You put them in your downloads folder.

darkangel, I've been in clubs with glass floors. They're intended for special effects like catwalks or to be made into skylights by builders.
#84 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 10:16 PM
Default Erm...
Sorry about being such a n00b, but how on earth can I get those transparant tiles uploaded to my game? So far I've just downloaded stuff from the official Sims 2 page, and that one is rather straightforward... but since someone over there used these fantastic tiles, and linked me here, I just had to get them.

Problem is, though, that I get them downloaded to my computer - but after that, I'm rather stuck.
:fallen:
Test Subject
#85 Old 1st May 2005 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by L41N
Is it possible to make parts transparent and parts opaque? Like a grate? I am dying to remake a house I had in Sims 1.

:lurk: Yes, please. I'm building NYC and I'd like to make fire escapes.

Meet other NYC Sims players in real life: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Sims2_in_NYC/
Original Poster
#86 Old 1st May 2005 at 10:23 PM
I've shared one of those already, but it's not a very good texture. I wrote a tutorial for how to make these, and since then I've seen better metal grates on other sites but I don't know which sites off the top of my head.

Mine is here: http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=34303

If you want a better one, maybe you should ask in the "where can i find" forum. Probably someone here has a better memory than me.
Test Subject
#87 Old 4th May 2005 at 3:43 PM Last edited by ms'Dabudei : 12th May 2005 at 11:10 PM.
RG-
Are these tiles compatable with Uni? I would love to install them if this is the case... :D

UPDATE: Apparently they are...I tested them in Uni and they work grrreat!!
Test Subject
#88 Old 15th May 2005 at 7:01 AM
RGiles - you seem to be "The Man" for walls and floors - so I was wondering if it would be possible to build mirror effect walls and floors - without the actual mirrors (I know paradise sims and other sites have excellent full length mirrors, but I was looking for the tiles of walls and floors themselves to be reflective glass). I know this means the sims won't actually strike poses for the walls or floors (or I should hope they don't, considering how many are in the house! lol) - I would just think it would be a nice look.

Hmmm ... now that I think about it - I think the reflective walls should be a wallpaper - or else both sides would be reflective. Which wouldn't be a bad thing in some cases, but certainly not all. Maybe you and Numenor could team up on that idea ... I know he's made some awesome invisible walls :-)

Just wondering...

I don't even know whats possible in the game ... which is what I'm really getting at. Is it or isn't it?
Test Subject
#89 Old 15th May 2005 at 7:02 AM
BTW - my nudist neighborhood wouldn't be the same without these. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Mad Poster
#90 Old 19th May 2005 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RGiles

As far as I can tell so far, reflectivity and shine do not work on floor tiles at all. Applying the regular mirror reflection material to floor tiles gives a very freaky effect... it reflects your ground cover material, and the reflection moves as the camera does. It gives the effect of an extremely-well camoflaged house and makes me nauseous. I did not include it in this package. There are new setting for reflectivity in wall packages, though, so I'll keep experimenting.

RG

Can't say thanks to you sufficiently....

Hehe... Can you also please release the tile that "gives the effect of an extremely-well camoflaged house and makes me (you) nauseous"?

I wanna experience that freaky sensation and make funny house with it!
Test Subject
#91 Old 22nd May 2005 at 1:36 AM
Ain't I a vindictive little care bear? en7en thinks I'm petty for doing the same thing he or she did. *chuckle*

Enjoy your over-eating and everything else you over-do today. That's what holidays are for. (I will never finish all this chocolate, not ever!)

RG

:screwy: Hence My Username!
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 25th May 2005 at 1:57 AM
hey Rg do u have a screen name on the sims 2 site and if u do what is it??
Original Poster
#93 Old 25th May 2005 at 2:06 AM
SimDominator,
I think I'm RGiles on the sims 2 site also. I'm not really sure because I have never posted to it.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 25th May 2005 at 2:10 AM
k thanks Rg!!
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 25th May 2005 at 2:11 AM
o yah and one more question , is there any way you could recolour these floors?? :confused:
Original Poster
#96 Old 25th May 2005 at 2:12 AM
Yeah, there's a tutorial for how to make new ones in the tutorials section. You can make them any color you want.
Test Subject
#97 Old 27th May 2005 at 3:16 AM
It's totally awsome! Keep up the wonderful work...
Test Subject
#98 Old 31st May 2005 at 1:36 AM
Saiyaz, Yes it was mentioned. Of course it won't work. If you put a piece of glass on the ground outside of your home, would you expect to be able to see through the earth? Nope. :D

Anyway... these have been tested and are working with the EP.

RG
You can see through the earth! :Slap:
If you put it beside a pool, you can see the tiles used for the pool wall. the pool has an inside and outside! :werd: :sink:
Field Researcher
#99 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 2:52 AM
Wow, thanks for your hard work and sharing! Looks great!

Wilson:"House! Why did you let your unstable patient roam the hallways?"

House:"His leash broke!"
Forum Resident
#100 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 11:42 AM
are we allowed to share this in houses on the official site with giving you credits? It's just a tutorial and I do not want to send the users to too many places, so i'm trying to package everything into one lot.
Page 4 of 7