Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 11:11 PM
Default Season Two Chatter!
Okay, first off, a warning.
Here there be spoilers!
I'm assuming that people aren't going to write: "Oh, it was so funny when _____ went and said ______ to ______ because of what _______ said to _____", because that would just get ridiculously irritating.
Sooo, if you aren't caught up or you don't want season 2 spoiled for you, read no further! Don't say I didn't warn yoooou...
Now, on with the chatter!

It's a shame that the second book has differed so much from season 2, because there are some great bits in the book which I would love to see in the show...such as the "Sex Club" which Sookie goes to . I'm assuming it would be too graphic for the show, but seeing as what the maenad has been doing with the people of Bon Temps and how graphic that's been, they might be able to put it in. However, I don't see the need for the club anymore because it wasn't Lafayette who was killed like it was meant to be. But still. Eric in full lycra, anyone?

Back to the show, I lovelovelove Hoyt and Jessica. Jessica has really grown on me. At first I hated her because of...well, she was an annoying little thing, but now that her and Hoyt are together...well, it's amazing .
I thought the bit in the latest episode where Eric had just slammed Stan up against the wall was really good, especially when he turned away and started crying . Then again, Eric is amazing no matter what...
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 12:35 AM
I really like the Hoyt and Jessica situation, too. I haven't read the books (I never read the book and watch the show/movie so I'm glad to finally know exactly what what's her name is. I had always assumed (especially since they showed that ancient greek scene of what I thought looked like Dionysus and Pan) that she was either Pan or perhaps a Goddess, but like one of the bad ones. Of course, they all pretty much liked causing trouble so, yeah. Someone speculated during that same episode that she was Satan. I was like, "Please, as if Satan is going to go mess with a bunch of hicks in the middle of nowhere, he'd send one of his minions to do that kind of menial nonsense." And I was pretty much right.. mmhmm.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 7:13 AM
Yeah, Sam was talking to Daphne and asked if she was Satan. I have read the second book though, so I was all "Oh, what the hell, Sam? Of course she's not Satan. She's a bloody maenad." Then I realised that most people would have no idea about what a maenad as, let alone a shapeshifter living in Lousiana .
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 10:19 PM
I'm a fan of Jessica and Hoyt as well. It's so nice to see Hoyt have a girl, especially since he's so simple in the books and mama-whipped that he doesn't get away with much. I'm glad that this new Hoyt stood up to Big Mama and went to Dallas. Good for you Hoyt!

As far as the books go, because the show is vastly different, I keep wondering where the books and show line up. It's as though the producers are starting to blend Book 2 and Book 3, especially now that Sophia's back. Although, I am enjoying seeing Mr. Bill Compton all 20's like. Yum!

Is the gal that's playing Sophia the same girl from The Craft? I know Daphne was formally on One Life to Live, or All My Children (not exactly sure, but it was a soap).
Scholar
#5 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 11:01 PM
Quote:
Is the gal that's playing Sophia the same girl from The Craft?

Say what now? Evan Rachel Wood is playing Sophie-Anne (Vampire queen of Louisiana), who was definitely not in The Craft. She was in Practical Magic, though, which you may be confusing with The Craft (nothing alike, except for the witchcraft part).

Unless you're talking about another character that I have missed (as far as I know, there is no Sophia).

And Ashley Jones (Daphne) was on The Bold & The Beautiful (which she may be returning to now that she's dead).She was also on The Young and the Restless way back when, as well.

As far as Wood (playing Sophie-Anne) goes, there are rumors that she also dating Alex Skarsgård... yum

Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 11:10 PM
Alex Skarsgård = The Hottest Guy Ever. There is no arguement about that.

I have admittedly watch The Bold & The Beautiful a couple of times, and I thought Daphne looked familiar, but I could never place my finger on it.

I wonder (potential book spoiler here) if they'll have the shapeshifters come in this season like they did in the second and third book. I hope they do. And I hope that at some point in the show they introduce Alcide Hervaux. I really loved him in the books. (end potential spoiler).
Scholar
#7 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 11:12 PM
So they have more shapeshifters (other than Daphne and Sam) in the books?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 11:13 PM
Yes. There are groups of shapeshifters living in hiding all around America, and they're in Dallas when Sookie goes to the Fellowship of the Sun.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 3:17 PM
Yeah, it's a little confusing in the books when it comes to the shifters. There's the Weres, and then there are the weres. Only certain kinds of shifters can be categorized as Weres, and get pretty touchy if other groups call themselves a Were with a capital W... Like I said, confusing!

I liked Alcide at first, but now I'm all about Quinn. But he won't come into play until much later.

I hope when they do introduce more shifters, that they pick someone HOT for Alcide at least. Don't get me wrong, Alex Skarsgård (which is Eric, right?) is OK, but he's not my ideal Eric. The same goes for Chow. I imagined some yummy Asian guy, not...the plumpy one. But, the person they got to play Godfrey is... Mouth-watering. At least to me.
Scholar
#10 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 8:38 PM
Sounds like she ripped off Gregory Maguire on the Animal/animal thing.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MondayMorning
I hope when they do introduce more shifters, that they pick someone HOT for Alcide at least. Don't get me wrong, Alex Skarsgård (which is Eric, right?) is OK, but he's not my ideal Eric. The same goes for Chow. I imagined some yummy Asian guy, not...the plumpy one. But, the person they got to play Godfrey is... Mouth-watering. At least to me.

I hope that Alcide is hot as well. In the book Sookie thinks he's really gorgeous.
I love Alex Skarsgård as Eric, and I think he's amaaaaaaaazingly yummy. Though it may be a bit ridiculous, I was so, so, so disappointed when Chow was the unattractive, overweight guy instead of the very handsome, thin and hot character portrayed in the books.
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 2:35 AM
I made a video for the last Bill/Lorena flashback scene in Season 2 ep. 7. I hope you guys like it. I loved everything about the scene, the clothes, the hair, the makeup. So vintage. (:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBh83Lhjcck

Follow me!
I like to post pictures of my Sims. (:
Scholar
#13 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 5:59 AM
oh my god, best true blood episode yet!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 4:23 AM
Ahh, I know! I can't wait until next week's episode!
Scholar
#15 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:29 AM
Oh my god, more episodes with Eric naked in bed, please! Kthx
This was a great episode, starting about with me literally laughing out loud as Eric so obviously tricked Sookie into sucking ... him.. haha, to actually making me tear up a bit at the end scene with Eric crying, begging Godrick to reconsider. GREAT EPISODE!

Field Researcher
#16 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:52 AM
Oh I KNOW! I've read the books, and Eric is certainly all over Sookie, so it's nice to see they're starting to play on it in the show. Plus, I was surprised: He has a really nice butt! I mean, really nice! And then the end... I will admit it. I cried like a baby at the end. That was the best vampire-meets-the-sun-death I have ever seen. 30 Days of Night--cheesy sun-death; Blade III--EXTRA cheesy sun-death; The Forsaken--stupid; John Carpentar's Vampires--Lame. But this episode... It was so sad and beautiful the way he went.

And Godric was so hot too! (No pun intended!)
Scholar
#17 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 6:16 AM
I usually don't go for the short ones, but Godric was definitely a hottie. They definitely did a good job with the special effects, making it seem as if his "essence" was floating upward toward whatever god or heaven he hoped he would find.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 10:48 AM
OHMAGAWD! I just watched it this afternoon, and I was crying so much at the end. Godriiiiiiiiic!

I loved the bit with Eric and Sookie in bed, because I love any chance to perve on Mr Skarsgard. I agree, he has an amazing but. Like Sookie says in the book "If there was an international butt competition, Eric would win hands down - or cheeks up". I'm glad that they're playing it up in the show, because I was worried that it wouldn't be there. And I mean...NAKED ERIC! What else could you want?

I thought the meet-the-sun bit was terrific. It was done well, without it being overly cheesy, and I thought the blue fire was really cool.
I'm getting a bit annoyed at the whole maenad situation with Sam and Tara and Eggs and stuff. It's going out of control, and the "zombie/demon" eyes thing with the town is bugging me, because it's getting dragged on.

Oh, I love Hoyt and Jessica together! They're sooooo cute, and Jessica has really, really grown on me. Hoyt has always been a cutie, and I'm glad he's standing up to his mumma
Mad Poster
#19 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
I'm getting a bit annoyed at the whole maenad situation with Sam and Tara and Eggs and stuff. It's going out of control, and the "zombie/demon" eyes thing with the town is bugging me, because it's getting dragged on.

As a long time fan of the books, I was glad to see the character of Tara more developed in the show but I don't like the way her character has been played around the maenad thing...which I think has been way overdone in the TV series. One of two ep's about her "awesome" powers would have been enough for me, but it just drags on and on....

And, yeah, more Eric butt shots!! :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 11:11 PM
I watched the show before I read the books, but now that I've been reading the books, I prefer some of the situations they have there, especially regarding the maenad. It's getting so out of control in the show, and although Tara is being more developed, I wish it hadn't been around the maenad. >.<
Field Researcher
#21 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 5:23 PM
I agree too about Maryanne and the zombie-eyes. Plus, I've been waiting to see how they are going to with Lafayette because he wasn't supposed to be this far along in the series (book-wise).

Also, was it me, or did this last episode seem short? It stopped after 45 minutes, at least here in AZ. I wonder if they are doing that because it is drawing to close to the end of the season?
Scholar
#22 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 6:27 PM
It was short. The season finale will likely run a bit long.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 11:41 AM
As much as I adore True Blood, this stupid fricken maenad thing is going TOTALLY out of control. Grrrr, I wish they would hurry up and wrap it up like they did in the book, but of course they can't, because the story is now completely messed up. I too am wondering about Lafayette.

Oh, I loved the beginning of the episode with Sookie and Eric, but then she woke up, and I was like "ARGH! NO!". I really, really want them to get together in the show!
Scholar
#24 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 12:06 PM
I have a feeling they'll either get together for real in the finale, or they'll wait for Season 3. Luckily, it seems the Maenad thing will be getting wrapped up next episode.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 12:13 PM
I sure hope it does. And I sure hope Sookie and Eric end up getting together in the finale. Ahh, that would be excellent.

Page 1 of 2