Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simulation Unclogger

by TURBODRIVER Posted 9th May 2019 at 5:39 PM - Updated 29th Jul 2021 at 10:49 AM by TURBODRIVER

181 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 114 Feedback Posts, 66 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th May 2019 at 6:46 PM
This could be very useful! Downloaded and giving it a try. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th May 2019 at 7:16 PM
so it is the homework i knew it!..everything time it happens i go on the hunt for the child/teen doing homework to try reset them
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th May 2019 at 7:50 PM
Default holy crap this is awesome
I was getting tired of resetting every sim on the lot to try to find the one causing the clog-up (it's always the last one you click, lol). Thanks for making this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th May 2019 at 7:50 PM
Thank you so much, TURBODRIVER!!! You are amazing.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 9th May 2019 at 8:10 PM
Default Mccc?
Will this conflict with MCCC?
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th May 2019 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
Will this conflict with MCCC?

If it did then Turbo would have put that it conflicts with MCCC. I am using it with MCCC and everything is fine.
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th May 2019 at 10:01 PM
Over time I have been slowly identifying many of the typical causes and interactions that trigger the global stuck simulation effect. It all started with the infamous homework bug being the first. And Maxis said they fixed that in a patch over three years ago! But seeing it continued all the while says otherwise. And the list of causes doing same grows all the more. I'd long surmised it was/is mostly due to sims trying to multitask while doing certain interactions that sets it off. Particularly if their hands are currently engaged in one animation sequence of an interaction, and they get a push for another hand animation during a second multitask interaction, usually a conversation animation that involves moving hands about that are already engaged in first task, then bang, whole sim world lock up. Well, it certainly seems that way to me due to the typical scenarios it happens where a sim reset is required, and also children seem to be higher instigators of it.

So thanks for this mod as the number of scenarios is growing, even a new type occurring while at work at the acting studios, so as Maxis are doing the complete opposite of fixing it, it's time for a trusted modder to take up the job at hand - if you'll pardon the pun.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th May 2019 at 10:54 PM
Interesting and helpful. My main problem is in bars where a group of sims are sitting at the bar on barstools talking, etc., and BAM that group gets reset and everyone is no longer sitting But I think I narrowed it down to the bartender for doing one too many animations for being the cause. I could be wrong but that's what happens with me. Sometimes multitasking while dancing to the stereo can cause a sim or a group of sims to reset or get stuck. Or certain (ahem) WW interactions will cause my partner sim to get stuck and I have to reset them manually. Hopefully this mod will resolve some of these issues. This is a mod I have been looking for for a very long time. Thanks for this. I will see how it goes with this mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th May 2019 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Over time I have been slowly identifying many of the typical causes and interactions that trigger the global stuck simulation effect. It all started with the infamous homework bug being the first. And Maxis said they fixed that in a patch over three years ago! But seeing it continued all the while says otherwise. And the list of causes doing same grows all the more. I'd long surmised it was/is mostly due to sims trying to multitask while doing certain interactions that sets it off. Particularly if their hands are currently engaged in one animation sequence of an interaction, and they get a push for another hand animation during a second multitask interaction, usually a conversation animation that involves moving hands about that are already engaged in first task, then bang, whole sim world lock up. Well, it certainly seems that way to me due to the typical scenarios it happens where a sim reset is required, and also children seem to be higher instigators of it.

So thanks for this mod as the number of scenarios is growing, even a new type occurring while at work at the acting studios, so as Maxis are doing the complete opposite of fixing it, it's time for a trusted modder to take up the job at hand - if you'll pardon the pun.

That's exactly right, Sims clog the timeline when two actions conflict, which I think might be related to posture changes. Unfortunately, I haven't found a clean way of fixing this without overengineering the timeline elements recognition, which would hinder the game performance too much, so I went with the least likely approach of interfering with the game, and that's why I don't call it a proper fix. This thing is so random and rare that Maxis probably can't even reliably test it, so perhaps an approach like mine is going to inspire them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 9th May 2019 at 11:22 PM
Thanks for another vital bug fix mod
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th May 2019 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
Interesting and helpful. My main problem is in bars where a group of sims are sitting at the bar on barstools talking, etc., and BAM that group gets reset and everyone is no longer sitting But I think I narrowed it down to the bartender for doing one too many animations for being the cause. I could be wrong but that's what happens with me. Sometimes multitasking while dancing to the stereo can cause a sim or a group of sims to reset or get stuck. Or certain (ahem) WW interactions will cause my partner sim to get stuck and I have to reset them manually. Hopefully this mod will resolve some of these issues. This is a mod I have been looking for for a very long time. Thanks for this. I will see how it goes with this mod.

If your Sims are resetting then the game found a solution itself. This mod won't be any different. It aims specifically at the gameplay timeline getting clogged by a repeating action, which causes Sims to stop performing any actions. Resetting might seem harsh, but it's better than your game seizing to work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 10th May 2019 at 1:25 AM
Thank You So Much Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Smeg Head
#14 Old 10th May 2019 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TURBODRIVER
That's exactly right, Sims clog the timeline when two actions conflict, which I think might be related to posture changes. Unfortunately, I haven't found a clean way of fixing this without overengineering the timeline elements recognition, which would hinder the game performance too much, so I went with the least likely approach of interfering with the game, and that's why I don't call it a proper fix. This thing is so random and rare that Maxis probably can't even reliably test it, so perhaps an approach like mine is going to inspire them.

I should have been a bit more clearer when I was referring to hand animations. What I meant was, when they are engaged in an interaction that spawns objects in their hands. Such as the child holding a pen during the original homework lock up. Roasting marshmallows at campfire is another lock up potential. At nightclub bar holding drinks. Chess piece in the hand while playing chess. At actor studio rehearsing scene with page of dialogue in hand. Painting at easel with paintbrush and then another pet or sim tries to force multitask conversation. A child playing with toy then wants to get into hottub with it. Each one the potential for lock up - or a default sim reset to avoid lock up - when multitasking is entered into the equation. So as you say, quite possibly related to posture changing, but in practically every event I've come across, it's seemingly always an object in the hand from first interaction then a second multitask - usually a second sim attempting conversation - that triggers it.

Might be worth looking into if you see the same pattern too. Cheers Turbodriver.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th May 2019 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
I should have been a bit more clearer when I was referring to hand animations. What I meant was, when they are engaged in an interaction that spawns objects in their hands. Such as the child holding a pen during the original homework lock up. Roasting marshmallows at campfire is another lock up potential. At nightclub bar holding drinks. Chess piece in the hand while playing chess. At actor studio rehearsing scene with page of dialogue in hand. Painting at easel with paintbrush and then another pet or sim tries to force multitask conversation. A child playing with toy then wants to get into hottub with it. Each one the potential for lock up - or a default sim reset to avoid lock up - when multitasking is entered into the equation. So as you say, quite possibly related to posture changing, but in practically every event I've come across, it's seemingly always an object in the hand from first interaction then a second multitask - usually a second sim attempting conversation - that triggers it.

Might be worth looking into if you see the same pattern too. Cheers Turbodriver.

Will this conflict with your "Lag Improvement" mod? Or is that something completely different?
Smeg Head
#16 Old 10th May 2019 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CJDJ
Will this conflict with your "Lag Improvement" mod? Or is that something completely different?

No conflicts. The mods deal with completely different, unrelated elements of the game.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th May 2019 at 5:00 AM
Thanks Turbodriver! I like *all* your mods, you renewed The Sims 4 for me <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th May 2019 at 10:48 AM
I'm now at office, sooooo going to will try this after work!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 10th May 2019 at 12:43 PM
As much as I dislike all sims in a bar resetting and putting their drinks on the floor, I hate searching for the one stuck sim that's locking up the rest more so thanks for this. :)
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 10th May 2019 at 1:48 PM
Look at Turbo giving back to the community
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 10th May 2019 at 3:06 PM
This seems very useful! I'm wondering, though, if this script will slow things down? Overseeing every sim action seems as if it would use a lot of resources...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 10th May 2019 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
This seems very useful! I'm wondering, though, if this script will slow things down? Overseeing every sim action seems as if it would use a lot of resources...

That was my main concern when attempting to make this. When the Sim timeline gets clogged by a stuck element, that element is recreated fresh every single time and there is no reliable way of telling if it's the same element that is stuck. So I simply don't check if it's the same element, and instead aim for the most likely circumstances that would indicate a clogged timeline. This approach makes no noticeable difference in the game performance.
There are perhaps more reliable ways of detecting a clogged timeline without affecting performance, but I didn't want to spend too much time on this. You can imagine that testing this issue is quite a pain.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 10th May 2019 at 9:00 PM
Thank you for this mod!!! I will definitely try it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 10th May 2019 at 10:27 PM
You are a LIFESAVER. Keep up the good work and thx for enabling me to play my Sims 4 again. Plz keep supporting this in the future. Or at least until the devs can actually do their jobs and not leave it to the community. ;)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#25 Old 10th May 2019 at 10:51 PM
THANK you!
Page 1 of 8