Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simulation Unclogger

by TURBODRIVER Posted 9th May 2019 at 5:39 PM - Updated 29th Jul 2021 at 10:49 AM by TURBODRIVER

181 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 114 Feedback Posts, 66 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 8
Test Subject
#76 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wihi
Playing on 1.59.73 patch (the December 12th update), sims are definitely getting stuck again even with this mod, especially when other sims are playing instruments (which happens a LOT in dorms, ugh) This mod is absolutely a godsend and I hope you're looking to update it soon :D

This is true, an absolute godsend. I'm not playing my larger households until it is updated sadly. Way too much delay without this mod. I love it, on the one hand, but am quite depressed to be dependent on it on the other hand.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#77 Old 27th Dec 2019 at 12:04 PM
Thanks, it's so annoying to use the resetsim cheat every time this happens. You're a lifesaver.
Test Subject
#78 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 1:01 AM
Default Another way to reset
If you have testingcheats true activated, you can Shift + click on the Sim and reset them that way too! Happy simming!
Quote: Originally posted by madamebellanova
Thanks, it's so annoying to use the resetsim cheat every time this happens. You're a lifesaver.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#79 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 2:01 PM
\SimulationTimelineUnclogger\simulation_timeline_unclogger\__init__.py
Reason Exception when applying action <ObjectCreationOp ParticipantType.Actor> for loot <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.loot_Diploma_CreateDiploma'> (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'inventory_component')

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Test Subject
#80 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ailias
\SimulationTimelineUnclogger\simulation_timeline_unclogger\__init__.py
Reason Exception when applying action <ObjectCreationOp ParticipantType.Actor> for loot <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.loot_Diploma_CreateDiploma'> (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'inventory_component')

I having the same error and LEs :/
Test Subject
#81 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 6:36 PM
Hello everyone. Unfortunately, after the last patch, I'm having the same problem many other users are reporting. Continuously getting LEs caused by this mod, and the sims are getting stuck during actions again. It would be great if it was possible to get an update, because this is one of the most useful and appreciated mods I have in my game.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ambrily82
Hello everyone. Unfortunately, after the last patch, I'm having the same problem many other users are reporting. Continuously getting LEs caused by this mod, and the sims are getting stuck during actions again. It would be great if it was possible to get an update, because this is one of the most useful and appreciated mods I have in my game.

Add me to the list! LE's are horrible!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#83 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 8:38 PM
There are no lastExceptions caused by this mod, you're simply reading the error files incorrectly.
As for the mod not working, I haven't verified it but I doubt it stopped working. A potential reason for more "stuck situations" are new ways for Sims to get stuck but I haven't experieniced any at all.
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 25th Jan 2020 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TURBODRIVER
There are no lastExceptions caused by this mod, you're simply reading the error files incorrectly.
As for the mod not working, I haven't verified it but I doubt it stopped working. A potential reason for more "stuck situations" are new ways for Sims to get stuck but I haven't experieniced any at all.

Sorry, that's what an admin on Deaderpool's Discord told me after I submitted my LE there. Can I submit it to your WickedWhims Discord for assistance?
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 8:06 PM
Hi! is this compatible with 1.60?
Field Researcher
#86 Old 29th Jan 2020 at 2:42 PM
Is it possible this needs an update? My sim just stands there for so long not doing things. It's so bad. She won't go to school, do homework, travel, and lots of other actions. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but I've noticed it more the last couple of updates.

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Test Subject
#87 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 3:08 PM
This mod definitely does not work anymore, at least not for me on the latest version (1.60.54.1020). The simulation lag is at an all-time low...
Test Subject
#88 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 8:27 PM

I don't know, maybe I am reading it wrong, but even with BetterLE I get the same answer every time... This just happened:

Quote:
Exception Date: 2020-02-01 15:19:33 Game Version: 1.60.54.1020-1.200.000.435.Release Category ID: posture_graph.py:4824
Recommended Action Mods were detected in the exception. Close your game, try removing the mentioned mods below from your Mods folder and retry what you did when you received the exception. If the exception does not occur then the problem is likely with that mod. Check the mod download for any recent updates.
Possible Cause .\SimulationTimelineUnclogger\simulation_timeline_unclogger\__init__.py
Reason [rez] Posture graph threw an exception while being queried by autonomy: (AssertionError: Source spec not in the posture graph: stand@object_tableDining_2x1:0x02c0098ff06e07bc[6], carry, surface:slot_target@object_tableDining_2x1:0x02c0098ff06e07bc[6] for interaction: running seating_Sit:58885 on sitDining_EP07LOCALweave:0x02c0098ff07607be (guaranteed))
MCCC Version 6.6.3
Test Subject
#89 Old 5th Feb 2020 at 9:44 PM
I've been getting the same issues and exceptions as others so temp removed it, still getting exceptions referring too it by name, so, any additional steps needed to 'clean' my save or just deal with it till I make a new world save?
Test Subject
#90 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DownloadBlocking
I've been getting the same issues and exceptions as others so temp removed it, still getting exceptions referring too it by name, so, any additional steps needed to 'clean' my save or just deal with it till I make a new world save?

Hi. Just making sure: did you clean the cache after taking the mod out?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 2:43 PM
Love, love, love Turbo mods. Truly wonderful work. I am, however, having the same issues as others i.e. LE files naming the unclogger specifically, though I am no programming expert, so how to interpret the error, I do not know. I also removed the mod temporarily.
Test Subject
#92 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 3:00 PM Last edited by Innana : 9th Feb 2020 at 3:39 PM.
Hi. Just making sure: did you clean the cache after taking the mod out?

I'm having the same issue. I removed the unclogger file this morning and am now getting LEs each time I log in. I removed the chache files and still have the issue. I'm currently repairing the game through the launcher to see if that helps.

Just a quick update: I was also receiving LEs naming the unclogger file, so I removed the file, and afterwards each time I logged into any household, I received another LE error (not naming the unclogger this time). So, I took the following steps, which appeared to help (though, I admit I have no idea why or what it means for any mods that I may have installed, but here it goes) ...

1. I removed my Mods folder to the desktop and "repaired" the game through the launcher.
2. Just in case there was another mod interfering, I then slowly integrated my mods back into my game, 1/4 at a time, deleting the cache files each time I added another set of mods, until all of my mods were tested and slowly integrated back into the game.
3. By the time all my mods were reinstalled, the problem was fixed for me for whatever reason.

Please note that I expected to have to remove a mod or two, figuring maybe I had missed one that was outdated, but I did not have to remove any other mods. As it turned out, by the time I reinstalled all of my mods (a moderate amount) back into my game in batches, I discovered that I could log into my households now without receiving an LE error upon logging in.

No clue why this seemed to work, or what part worked, but for whatever its worth, I hope it helps. I'm going to leave the unclogger uninstalled for now until Turbo chimes in. I'm certain he's very busy but knows how much we all appreciate his hard work and love all his mods that make game life easier.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#93 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wiseiam
Hi! is this compatible with 1.60?

Quote: Originally posted by Alundra
Is it possible this needs an update? My sim just stands there for so long not doing things. It's so bad. She won't go to school, do homework, travel, and lots of other actions. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but I've noticed it more the last couple of updates.

Quote: Originally posted by Wickus
This mod definitely does not work anymore, at least not for me on the latest version (1.60.54.1020). The simulation lag is at an all-time low...

I don't know, maybe I am reading it wrong, but even with BetterLE I get the same answer every time... This just happened:

Quote: Originally posted by DownloadBlocking

Quote: Originally posted by Innana
Love, love, love Turbo mods. Truly wonderful work. I am, however, having the same issues as others i.e. LE files naming the unclogger specifically, though I am no programming expert, so how to interpret the error, I do not know. I also removed the mod temporarily.

BetterExceptions doesn't ever know what's the cause of the exception, it can just a guess, and with respect to TwistedMexi, it very rarely guesses right. This mod is not producing any errors at all, you're just going with the first thing you're being told which is simply wrong.

Another thing that is an incredible misconception, this mod does not fix "simulation lag". In no way the description says so. It doesn't fix any lag at all. It fixes the timelime clogging, which when happens, the entire game stops. If you haven't had your entire game completely stop (not just a single Sim), then the mod still works. There is no reliable way to fix lag in the game, no matter what someone might say. You can redistribute lag, but with how the game is built, it won't have a noticeable impact.

The mod does not require any updating, I'm using it every single day when I play. It works perfectly fine. There is nothing to fix.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#94 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 9:37 AM
Will this mod work with version 1.61?
Test Subject
#95 Old 16th Feb 2020 at 5:49 PM
BetterExceptions doesn't ever know what's the cause of the exception, it can just a guess, and with respect to TwistedMexi, it very rarely guesses right. This mod is not producing any errors at all, you're just going with the first thing you're being told which is simply wrong.

Another thing that is an incredible misconception, this mod does not fix "simulation lag". In no way the description says so. It doesn't fix any lag at all. It fixes the timelime clogging, which when happens, the entire game stops. If you haven't had your entire game completely stop (not just a single Sim), then the mod still works. There is no reliable way to fix lag in the game, no matter what someone might say. You can redistribute lag, but with how the game is built, it won't have a noticeable impact.

The mod does not require any updating, I'm using it every single day when I play. It works perfectly fine. There is nothing to fix.

Thank you for your explanation/information. I appreciate this mod and your sharing it!
Smeg Head
#96 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 2:16 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 13th Mar 2020 at 2:47 AM.

I know exactly what you mean. I respect TwistedMexi's work very much, but I had to release a general statement to those who use my mods, that I will not ever be looking into problems if they are presented to me though a Better Exceptions LE report. Just a best guess, and not a very good one more often than not.

And also what you say about simulation lag mods is true, it is a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul, but they can bring a better balance to the game when fine tweaked. The proof of that pudding is evident in game when done right.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Test Subject
#97 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 6:23 AM
Definitely doesn't work anymore, my sims wouldn't move at all when I commanded them to and neither would any sims around them. It's a real bummer, this mod would've been really useful.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#98 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 2:57 AM
I just can say the same, its not working anymore, getting a lot of Error messages through the Gameplay, the Last Exeption file is full with messages from this mod.
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 9th Apr 2020 at 12:21 PM
Hi there!
I haven't been getting any LEs or anything from your mod so I do think it worked fine 'til this recent update. Other users might have had an incompatibility issue or something...
I just wanted to ask if an update is now needed, I know simulation lag fix had to be updated for instance... I haven't tried it yet 'cause I like to give creators time to confirm compatibility or work on an update if needed. If you have any time to let us know what's what...

Cheers, take care and stay safe
Test Subject
#100 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 10:40 PM
I also got numerous LEs so I took it out, but I really couldn't immerse without it so I tried what several others have suggested, which is to take out gameplay mods completely and slowly put them back in. I did a quarter of my mods each time, also deleting the localthumbcache.package in the process. No LEs have popped up pointing fingers at Simulation Unclogger since I did that.
I just patched my game today (April 14, 2020) on MacOS and the whole thing works perfect.
Thanks Turbo!
Page 4 of 8