Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simulation Unclogger

by TURBODRIVER Posted 9th May 2019 at 5:39 PM - Updated 29th Jul 2021 at 10:49 AM by TURBODRIVER

181 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 114 Feedback Posts, 66 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 8
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 10:45 PM
Getting an exception after the last update
[cjiang] Error invoking CraftActualItemFactoryWrapper.factory (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'id')
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#127 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 11:51 PM
I can confirm the mod is working correctly.

Looking at any lastexception files shows that they are not actually caused by the mod itself.
The mod only shows up in lastexception files due to it being the very first script mod the game encounters when it executes the "simulate" function, even when the error was caused by EA's shoddy programming or another script mod.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#128 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 11:23 PM
so why are the errors coming up with Turbo's mod being mentioned in the logs?
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
so why are the errors coming up with Turbo's mod being mentioned in the logs?

Because his mod inject's into the Timeline class's "simulate" function, it will usually be present near or at the very beginning of the call stack of most logs, if they are short enough to not hit their size limit.

This is a red herring, since a look at the decompilation(sorry for peeking) of the code shows that it can't actually throw any exceptions.
The mod executes the the original simulate function immediately before it even does anything, and all of its custom code immediately after that is contained in a try-except block which captures any possible exceptions it can generate.
This means any exceptions that happen during the simulation can only ever happen before any of this mod's custom code can even be executed.

Basically, the mod cannot cause any exceptions, but it will be present in most logs due it usually being the very first mod the game encounters each time the game processes the simulation.

The true culprit of every lastexception is usually at the very end of the log file.

Examples:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#130 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 5:57 PM
Yet another update to tell you that the Simulation Unclogger mod still works perfectly fine and is fully functional since its release in May 2019. The issues you're encountering are nowhere close to be related to this mod. You need to look into other mods you have installed.

Nonetheless, I will release a refreshment update, none of the functionality is changing.
Test Subject
#131 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TURBODRIVER
Yet another update to tell you that the Simulation Unclogger mod still works perfectly fine and is fully functional since its release in May 2019. The issues you're encountering are nowhere close to be related to this mod. You need to look into other mods you have installed.

Nonetheless, I will release a refreshment update, none of the functionality is changing.

Thank You!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#132 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 5:09 PM
Is this and the Less Intrusive Conversations safe to use with snowy escapes
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#133 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 2:14 AM
Very useful. I've had it in my game for over a year now. Is it compatible with the December 7th update?
Test Subject
#134 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jasminewesson99
I don't think it is compatible because after the December update my sims are now doing the very thing that this mod was made for. Before the update this mod was working, but now it's not.

I've been having the same issue too and I'm really hoping it'd be fixed with an update for this mod, but I'm not that hopeful because even people who never used this have noticed more timeline issues in their game since that update... it's also hard to identify if LEs are coming from this mod since it affects a very core system, so it's listed in the traceback in issues with other mods / the game itself, and as such having a lot of reports here doesn't mean that this mod is broken.

Make sure you're using Srsly's simulation lag fix as well and that you've updated it properly by removing the old version, running the game for a sim day, and then adding in the new version, instead of just swapping out the files. Besides that we basically just have to hope that modders can find more ways to optimise what is honestly a really poorly-optimised game without these fixes.
Test Subject
#135 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 12:22 AM Last edited by BachPatu : 17th Dec 2020 at 1:26 AM.
I've had the issue of NOT BEING ABLE TO CLICK ON ANYTHING OR ANYONE to bring up EVEN THE BASE GAME commands> Meanwhile ALL of my sims just STAND THERE & DO NOTHING !!

After doing EVERYTHING from a repair via Origin to A FRESH UNINSTALL & REINSTALL of the game & my packs (the advice of an EA Game Advisor (which was my next step any other idea they suggested they had not worked)), I too have the conclusion that the current version of this mod is incompatible with the December update as this is THE ONLY mod I'm aware of that (At least until now) addressed the issue of movement

As it is now, my sims SAY & DO ABNSOLUTELY NOTHING (And, as I said before, game commands DO NOT come up

To give you an idea as to what I'm seeing, I made this YouTube video

https://youtu.be/gzRsYWWSNfY

If this is what anyone else is experiencing, then give this post a thanks :D

DISCLOSURE NOTES

* This IS NOT a spam promotion for my YouTube channel (I don't use it for anything that's worth an award anyway lol)

* I've COMPLETELY REMOVED it from the Mods folder (Though it doesn't LOOK like this mod was the source of the problem BUT IT MIGHT BE ONE of the 9705 ( :o ) problems (Mods) I could be having (Just HOW MANY of those 9705 mods are the problem is the $9,705 simolean question :/ :o )
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BachPatu
I've had the issue of NOT BEING ABLE TO CLICK ON ANYTHING OR ANYONE to bring up EVEN THE BASE GAME commands> Meanwhile ALL of my sims just STAND THERE & DO NOTHING !!

After doing EVERYTHING from a repair via Origin to A FRESH UNINSTALL & REINSTALL of the game & my packs (the advice of an EA Game Advisor (which was my next step any other idea they suggested they had not worked)), I too have the conclusion that the current version of this mod is incompatible with the December update as this is THE ONLY mod I'm aware of that (At least until now) addressed the issue of movement

As it is now, my sims SAY & DO ABNSOLUTELY NOTHING (And, as I said before, game commands DO NOT come up

DISCLOSURE NOTES

* This IS NOT a spam promotion for my YouTube channel (I don't use it for anything that's worth an award anyway lol)

* I've COMPLETELY REMOVED it from the Mods folder (Though it doesn't LOOK like this mod was the source of the problem BUT IT MIGHT BE ONE of the 9705 ( :o ) problems (Mods) I could be having (Just HOW MANY of those 9705 mods are the problem is the $9,705 simolean question :/ :o )

Is this happening without your mods folder in game? did you remove your whole mods folder? are your mods updated?

If there is no Sims.
There is no life!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#137 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 9:56 AM
Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#138 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 1:44 AM Last edited by magicslippers : 29th Jan 2021 at 8:19 AM.
Essential mod for TS4

Edit: If it was updated... Currently broken
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#139 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 10:46 PM
OMG, I NEEDED THIS SO MUCH! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK TOU!
Test Subject
#140 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BachPatu

DISCLOSURE NOTES

I had this problem too and the mod was, if anything, making the simulation clog noticeably worse. Not as bad as you i think, my game wasn't entirely unplayable but it was incredibly annoying. I just got rid of it and now afaik the game works fine. I think this mod needs an update, unfortunately.
Test Subject
#141 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 1:55 PM
Default Apparently broken
Quote: Originally posted by WeirdStopia
I had this problem too and the mod was, if anything, making the simulation clog noticeably worse. Not as bad as you i think, my game wasn't entirely unplayable but it was incredibly annoying. I just got rid of it and now afaik the game works fine. I think this mod needs an update, unfortunately.

I have similar issues. On top of that, it's very noticeable involving 6+ sims and/or big lot sizes. It's fine for small lot sizes and/or less than 3 sims. Therefore lately I've been playing indoor and can't do club gathering (as it will bring a large number of sims) and/or play on big residential lot (tried on 64x64).
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 5:05 PM
Just wanted to share with everyone that there is a working similar mod over here:
https://srslysims.net/simulation-lag-fix/
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 1st May 2021 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JohanFoppa
Just wanted to share with everyone that there is a working similar mod over here:
i'm sorry there was a mistake there was a different link and nothing was there
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 1st May 2021 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimHasThePower
i'm sorry there was a mistake there was a different link and nothing was there

What does that mean?
Test Subject
#145 Old 2nd May 2021 at 11:43 PM
Out of date....
Quote: Originally posted by JohanFoppa

That only works with 1.69.57. The Sims 4 is now at 1.73.48. It worked fine before I updated my game. Now I get sims stuck everywhere. I'll put it back once Srslysims updates it.
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 3rd May 2021 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims4MagicTest
That only works with 1.69.57. The Sims 4 is now at 1.73.48. It worked fine before I updated my game. Now I get sims stuck everywhere. I'll put it back once Srslysims updates it.

Where do you see that it's only compatible with 1.69.57?

This seems to strongly imply it works on the latest version:
https://srslysims.net/modstatus/
Test Subject
#147 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 5:06 PM
Do we know if this mod is compatible with the new 1.77.131.1030 patch?
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 7:56 AM
Hm, yeah I think this is throwing LE files with this latest Cottage patch.
Test Subject
#149 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glasscat33
Do we know if this mod is compatible with the new 1.77.131.1030 patch?

I think that Cottage Living broke this mod Do you have any plans to fix it? I really can't play without it.
Test Subject
#150 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 2:14 AM Last edited by GiuliaArena : 28th Jul 2021 at 2:24 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by TURBODRIVER

Heyy... I junt wanted to come here give my review of the SIMULATION UNCLOGGER mod.... listen, I own ALL the game packs, expansion packs and stuff packs EA ever released for THE SIMS 4... including Cottage Living... and to make things worse for my computer (oh, that poor thing), I currently have over 80GB of mods intalled on my mods folder right now (i'm NOT kidding)... everything pretty much runs ok... but when I installed Cottage Living, my game became UNPLAYABLE... everything and everyone got stuck... Whenever I tried to get a sim to do literally anything, they refused. I tried resetting them, tried repairing the game... tried everything... I couldn't get not even 2 minutes of gameplay without everything bursting into chaos... I started to consider the possibility of going through my mods to see if I could find the problem... but that would take AGES... then I stumbled on this mod right here... and let me tell you.... your mod solved ALL of my problems... just like that, nobody else gets stuck, my game doesn't crash anymore... you just saved my sims lives... without this, all of them would be frozen until they died a horrible death... I love you, man.. thanks
Page 6 of 8