Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:37 PM
Default Ultimate Game Setup
In the past couple of years, I had been working on a video game setup like the one pictured below. I hate to say it, but this may require some morn electrical equipment. Namely because little Stinker chews the cords.
Screenshots

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 10:36 PM
Some of these devices actually remind me of my youth.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 11:20 PM
Well, I am a gamer and have been one since the age of 3 years when my father taught me how to operate computers and game consoles.

Granted, for the longest time, we has an NES TV version that would play the games on a special TV.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Field Researcher
#4 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 8:21 AM
I have a XBOX Org x3, XBOX 360 x2. I had a PS1 x2 but mum thought both were broken but only 1 was. I had a N64 but I do not know where that is anymore!

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Inventor
#5 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 9:03 AM
Right now I've only got my PS2 and PS3 set up, but gonna have to put away the PS2 to make room for the PS4. I still have my PS1 as well. The only other console I owned was a Nintendo64, but my nan put it in the attic and now it's lost forever.
I also have a DS but i've never been one for handhelds.

Then, ofcourse, there'y my PC that I bought in pieces and put together myself. I'm not that techie so I'm pretty proud of myself.

I don't know if I would have all my consoles set up like that, simply because i don't want my older ones to collect dust out on a shelf when I can just get an emulator on my PC.
Inventor
#6 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 9:22 AM
Most modern tvs have at least a couple of inputs, like I have have 3 HDMI slots and an ariel slot, so I could have my ps2, 3 and 4 in at the same time, but I don't have the actual shelf space.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 10:34 AM
You could make a switch board and have it all permanently wired but though that set up in the picture would obviously be rather complicated.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 10:39 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 3rd Sep 2015 at 4:32 PM.
Well, @pizza, I use a 8-way switch box currently. I also would keep the different manufacturers' machines on separate power strips, only switching out when needed.

To clarify, machines made by Sega like the Genesis, 32x, Saturn and Dreamcast are on a completely different power strip from the XBOXs which are Microsoft, just as The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, WII and WIIU by Nintendo is on one and the PlayStations are on another.

Only one manufacturer's line can be connected to the wall, lest I trip the circuit or catch fire. Any more and it would require a $3000 upgrade in electrical engineering.

I actually would daisy-chain the switchboard (I.E. Connect the video configurations of each switchboard to a main one that allows for use with a master board that leads to a specific machine)

I've been in AV class for the majority of high school, so hardware and software mod installations have become my specialty. I joined MTS when I was 17 years old and back then, I was fixing the closed circuit TV network on school campus.