Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CUSTARD Sims3Pack Cleaner

by Tashiketh Posted 6th Feb 2010 at 11:52 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2018 at 2:49 PM by Tashiketh

555 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 482 Feedback Posts, 72 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 23
Test Subject
#101 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 3:59 PM
Default Can't Install
Whenever I open the file and try to run the installer it comes up with a message that the installer as stopped working and will not install.

I have to get this to work, that creepy doll is back again! And i can't find her anywhere in my installed content, so I suspect that she has attatched herself to something.
Test Subject
#102 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 11:41 PM Last edited by kitkat7145 : 22nd Aug 2010 at 4:35 PM. Reason: added xml
Thanks for the tool, Delphy! It's been very useful for documenting and crediting CC used in builds as well as for checking for corrupted CC. I hadn't come across any corrupted files until last night. It appears that my entire lot is somehow corrupted -

I tried the "fix" option, but nothing changed. I've tried re-saving and re-exporting the lot from the game. Sometimes a CC file will show as corrupted as well, but not always -

In this one, the first line shows up as corrupt as well as the one in the picture. The pictured line doesn't have any descriptive info. on it though. If I try to delete the corrupt line and resave the package, the corruption appears to spread to other files -

Help?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  The Tea Flower by Kitkat.zip (10.0 KB, 19 downloads)
Test Subject
#103 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 7:39 PM
after reading this thread, i still dont know how to use this tool. i have the one for .packages where you just click it and it does the work of running through the .packages files and letting you know if any are no good but how do you use this one?

do you drag and drop the sims3pack in it or what? does it run through all the sims3packages downloaded to the launcher or what? how does this work- in layman's terms?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#104 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 9:35 PM
Test Subject
#105 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 4:39 PM Last edited by kitkat7145 : 22nd Aug 2010 at 6:50 PM. Reason: added info.
I was able to remove the corrupt package file (the one with no identifying information in my earlier post) from my DCBackup. (It would be nice if there was a "copy" feature in the program to make this process easier ) The lot itself still shows as corrupt though. What exactly does "Corrupt (TXTC)" mean? Also, I added the xml file to my original post.

**And it just keeps getting weirder. I manually deleted all the CC in the lot. Now, it no longer shows that the lot is corrupt, but the description of the lot is the description of one of the CC paintings I had in the lot earlier. Also, for "type", the lot no longer says "sims3pack" like other lots, but rather "object."

Attaching xml
Attached files:
File Type: zip  tea no cc.zip (4.8 KB, 19 downloads)
Test Subject
#106 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 7:13 PM
Default windows 7
I need this program for windows 7. The one I downloaded is for xp. Is there a different way to download it for 7
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#107 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 10:59 PM
Cher: You dont need .NET 2.0 for Windows 7 - it's inbuilt.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#108 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 10:32 PM
Hello,
I don't know what m I doing wrong. But it's kind of bugged for me.
I have downloaded a random lot from one of the sites. And wanted to try remove some packages from this sims3pack.
When I have opened sims3pack, I had no errors and every file was OK(no corrupts). So, for a try I have deleted just one object file(a painting). After unchecking it , I have seved this file. Later, when I have opened this new saved sims3pack, most of the objects were corrupt(not a DBPF).
What did I wrong? And is there a way to fix it? (fix-oprion in program doesn't help).
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  zzzz.rar (13.2 KB, 16 downloads)
Test Subject
#109 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Olena
When I have opened sims3pack, I had no errors and every file was OK(no corrupts). So, for a try I have deleted just one object file(a painting). After unchecking it , I have seved this file. Later, when I have opened this new saved sims3pack, most of the objects were corrupt(not a DBPF).
What did I wrong? And is there a way to fix it? (fix-oprion in program doesn't help).

Exactly the same happens to me, I have yet to be able to use this tool successfully to remove packages and png from a sim3pack file.
I have tried with many different sims3pack files, at first it shows that there aren't any corrupted packages, but when I uncheck a few of them (patterns or cc) and save the sims3pack the next time I open the sims3pack is full of corrupted packages. It looks like the screenshot Olena has posted.
Test Subject
#110 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 12:50 AM
[/QUOTE]
Quote: Originally posted by kitkat7145
In this one, the first line shows up as corrupt as well as the one in the picture. The pictured line doesn't have any descriptive info. on it though. If I try to delete the corrupt line and resave the package, the corruption appears to spread to other files -

Help?

it looks familiar My lots look the same after uploading to the exchange when I have CAP pattern there (pattern made by EA program Create A Pattern)! It took me a while to find out what is wrong. So if I remove from the house this CAP pattern everything is coming back to normal. I am not using much cc or sometimes at all so it was easier to find out what is wrong. if you didn't use CAP patterns I don't have other idea why this is happening.

glitzyangel
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 8:52 AM

it looks familiar My lots look the same after uploading to the exchange when I have CAP pattern there (pattern made by EA program Create A Pattern)! It took me a while to find out what is wrong. So if I remove from the house this CAP pattern everything is coming back to normal. I am not using much cc or sometimes at all so it was easier to find out what is wrong. if you didn't use CAP patterns I don't have other idea why this is happening.

glitzyangel[/QUOTE]

Hi, I don't think this is the problem as this was happening before we had CAP. I had this problem in a house that was built in March and CAP only came out in June I think.
Test Subject
#112 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 9:30 PM
SIMCITIZEN4 oh so I don't have idea what can happen there. I have other question. I will to explain on example. For example you had some cc rug with pattern. And you use that pattern (from rug) to recolour some other stuff. I read about it somewhere. Could it be possible? You used that pattern that was originally attached to some other item? Sorry if I am not good in explaining things And it sound bit stupid what I just said.
If you can try just to remove patterns from this houses. Replace with normal ones and try to upload.
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by caroline81
SIMCITIZEN4 oh so I don't have idea what can happen there. I have other question. I will to explain on example. For example you had some cc rug with pattern. And you use that pattern (from rug) to recolour some other stuff. I read about it somewhere. Could it be possible? You used that pattern that was originally attached to some other item? Sorry if I am not good in explaining things And it sound bit stupid what I just said.
If you can try just to remove patterns from this houses. Replace with normal ones and try to upload.

caroline81, thanks for trying to help. No I tried this as well and I still get corrupted files. I don't know what else to try. Not using this program anymore as it does not work for me and I (along with other people who have posted on this thread with the same problem) don't seem to be getting any help from the programmer.

Once again thank you for trying to help me.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#114 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 4:09 PM
You can always try the version I uploaded today....

Lab Assistant
#115 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
You can always try the version I uploaded today....

Hi Delphy, thank you for the new upload, unfortunately it also does not work for me. I still get the same error. I have tried in various ways e.g checked only the corrupted file and then clicked Fix corrupted and then Save, then Save As. "Corrupted File" spreads to other files in both cases.

I also unchecked the corrupted file and tried to save the Sims3Pack so that it would save without that file and got the same results as above.

I am uploading the Debug Xml plus the Jit and then also another xml (I used a different method).

I hope this helps you to help me.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Moon River XML.7z (8.1 KB, 11 downloads)
Test Subject
#116 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 12:20 AM Last edited by columbiany93 : 14th Sep 2010 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Additional Question
I've yet to try the new download but just wanted to add to the recent above issues. I've been going through my "mighty" list of CC sims3packs and, to be honest, since I've not really seen much info regarding what to use the program for, I've been deleting the bits of CC that I know are creating issues (spider babies, etc.), fix corrupt files (few can be fixed but I'm able to identify them and have found that I can sometimes redownload the file and the CC is corrected), AND, delete .png. This last bit I'm not sure if I should be doing, need to be doing..... I've gotten through most of the files over several nights....then a day or two ago, I checked on one of the files I'd deleted the .png and found that the 2 CC items remaining had become corrupt. (They weren't before I saved and closed the file.) Freaked me out so I tried it on a few more files by the same person. Same results. For grins, I checked into the sims3pack files I'd done previous days (which I randomly check to ensure they're okay AND put in another folder outside the game to keep separate) and found that all of the files I'd deleted .png files were now corrupt too!

I know that there's been a new patch but I'm not sure if the install worked or not. I seem to remember getting a weird message about not working with the base game but I'd been having internet issues. I did, however, want to see if I could add a little more to the issues at hand...keeping my fingers crossed that the new update will fix it AND I can get my silly game working again! :-)

Oh, I am curious as to whether or not I should be deleting the .png files. Does it matter? By deleting the .png file, am I rendering other programs less effective? AND, I know that sets I download that are packaged individually can have the same pattern file in every piece. Are they considered duplicates and does this affect the game? If I remove the pattern file from all sims3packs except one, will the other items still recognize it? I tried using a program that is supposed to "unpack" package files from sims3packs but ended up with a package file that was empty and no pattern file in the original sims3pack, so at this time, it doesn't seem like a viable option. I've read a bit about the difference between package and sims3pack files but I'm still uncertain how the sims3packs work regarding the above.

Thanks for your help....
The other one
#117 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 10:55 PM
I have no complaints, seems to have worked as advertised for me but I've uploaded the xml thing anyway if you're interested. Unfortunately I forgot to dump it when I'd just done the bulk of my sims3packs and just closed custard down but I had a couple of extra bits and bobs to do so I made sure to do it second time around

PS I have no idea what an xml file is so hope I've done it right and thanks for this tool.

Oh, and if it makes a difference, I don't have the latest patch, I'm still on the one before that.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  CUSTARD.zip (6.2 KB, 52 downloads)

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Test Subject
#118 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 8:33 AM
Don't know if you've had a chance to look into this but, I downloaded the new file and no change. I thought I'd written to you about this (as an Edit) but it doesn't appear in the above! I downloaded the file and the date of the "inside" of the "new" custard file was something like June 27th. I thought this was odd and am not sure if that means the new file didn't zip correctly.

As I said before, I'd used CUSTARD for a few days, going over much of my sims3pack files, and deleted thumbnails, known bad CC, and fixed what was fixable. They saved without issue and, when I went back through and checked many of the 'corrected' files, they were still fine. When I reported the problem, see above, not only were new 'fixes' corrupting but I found that all of the files I'd fixed in the days prior had now become corrupt too, and they were in a completely different file in a completely different location! I'm attaching the XML's....3 are skin files where the thumbnail was deleted, and 1 house file, where several thumbnails were deleted, and the other 2 are a before/after of a file where nothing is corrupt, I delete the thumbnails and now every piece of CC is corrupt! All of the corrupt files I'm sending were fine BEFORE deleting the thumbnails - and they cannot be fixed. Idiot that I am, I did not think to save my sims3packs as they were in case something happen because I'd had good luck with the program until I didn't! That means I am unable to play my game and I'm having SERIOUS withdrawals! :-)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ProblemwithCustard.rar (5.9 KB, 22 downloads)
Test Subject
#119 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 4:24 PM
I'm getting the same errors as above with the corrupted files spreading. Also tried the uncheck all images button, saved file, reopened and then it showed as corrupted.
Test Subject
#120 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 3:57 AM
The worst part is that I cannot play my game. I figure I can start a new world - have already done that when a TS3 save burped and all of my months of playing were erased! - but would rather not. At this point, in order to get my custom content back into the game, I'll have to go through every single file - again - to determine which files are fine and which have this corruption issue. SO frustrating! I thought to save my CC pre-fix AFTER I'd already gone through about 1/4 of my files so I could put those back in and wait....

BTW, I think there was a patch released a few days ago that probably corresponds with the defects I've been experiencing.
Forum Resident
#121 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 9:08 AM Last edited by Pary : 27th Sep 2010 at 12:54 AM.
I just have a quick question in regards to something I thought was a bit odd. I use this tool to check all my uploads before sharing, to make sure nothing untoward has hitched a ride.

Some of us were sharing a lots and sims as households amongst ourselves for a community save. Expansion pack stuff was okay, but no one wanted any other custom content.
I exported my sim without her being in her lot and her sims3pack shows perfectly clean in Custard. I export her house without her in it, and the lot also shows clean.

However when I export the lot with the sim inside as a household, it is showing a CAS part hair and the lot size has risen from about 4.5 mb to 8.9 The export of the sim on its own is only 945 kb.

I don't have any CC hair that uses that particular mesh in any way and I do not install hairs or anything like that through the launcher, it's all in .package. The hair in question on the sim is from Ambitions, everything else on the sim is basegame content.
Edit - sorry, there is Ambitions buy & build stuff on the lot, but no other CC

Is that normal, or is it something strange going on?
Here's a couple of screens showing what Custard reports.

Single Export of Lot

Single Export of Sim

Household with Sim inside Lot
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#122 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 7:28 AM
Thanks for the reports everybody. What would help in debuging isn't just the XML but a link to the actual Sims3Pack itself so I can download it and try it for myself..

Test Subject
#123 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 2:25 AM
Delphy - it is ANY sims3pack with custom content or images that I delete and then save. As I said before, even the ones that I had "fixed" before and HAD shown correctly are now showing as corrupt. I could send you links but I could easily do it by randomly going online and finding sims3pack files with images/CC.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#124 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 9:14 AM
columbiany93: Ah ok, I didn't know it was such a universal problem. I'll test with some sims3packs at home.

Just so I'm clear, the sequence is:

- Load Sims3Pack
- Uncheck Images and some Custom Content
- Save Sims3Pack (do you do Save or Save As?)
- Close program
- Reopen program
- Load previously saved Sims3Pack
- All content now shows as corrupt

Is this right?

Lab Assistant
#125 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
columbiany93: Ah ok, I didn't know it was such a universal problem. I'll test with some sims3packs at home.

Just so I'm clear, the sequence is:

- Load Sims3Pack
- Uncheck Images and some Custom Content
- Save Sims3Pack (do you do Save or Save As?)
- Close program
- Reopen program
- Load previously saved Sims3Pack
- All content now shows as corrupt

Is this right?

I have done it like this and then I have also left images checked and only unchecked cc but always have the same result. I do two saves each time to different folders. One as Save and the other as Save As. I have tried every combination possible when unchecking and saving, opening and closing program etc and each time I get the same result - the corruptions "spreads" lol. That is the only way I can explain it.

Hopefully this helps you to debug the program.
Page 5 of 23