Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#101 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 1:27 PM
Thanks, Sleepyrose. Lia came up with a really interesting plot. And I don't have WA but I'd love to see what you'd do with the signs you're referring to. Lilith's private collection would be great.

Quote: Originally posted by lanawinst
Great job narrating the story .

We actually didn't have the same version of Lilith story. In mine, her husband never set foot in Porto Corrado. She left him when she was pregnant with her first daughter, without any explanation, and he never found her The version we discussed thoroughly in the inhabitant thread (post#88) and - at least I thought - finally agreed on

OOPS!

Lol...I'm sorry. I'll have to rewrite that part then. Here you go:

HISTORY (The version without Lilith's husband accompanying her)

Many years after the first Spanish settlers had reached the shore, a flame-haired woman set foot on the land in search of a new beginning. Locals were intrigued by her presence and soon came to see her as an outsider ("forastera") even after failed attempts on her part to fit in. Only one man out of the many had bothered to befriend her and it was then that she realized that what truly set her apart wasn't her appearance, but something that went deeper than that. Something in her had awakened and she knew that even before the birth of her first child, she would be to the one to unleash hell on earth.

By the time the town had caught up to her dark secret, she had fallen into the arms of her only male friend. Even when others were accusing her of inflicting illnesses on them, he had come to her rescue and refused to end their clandestine affair. They saw her as a witch but in his eyes, she was a goddess ("diosa").

Sadly, love wasn't enough to save her life and she was burnt at the stake three nights after the birth of their illegitimate daughter who was among the few survivors of the mysterious disease. It then became a common belief that those who opened their hearts would prosper, and those that refused to show kindness and love were bound to suffer.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#102 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 5:59 PM

Thanks for correcting and as I said before great job on the story
#103 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 6:28 PM
Thanks, Lana! Feel free to add it to the first page of the thread so builders can refer to it. Where's Lia anyway? She deserves the credit for the ideas...lol
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#104 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 6:31 PM
You're right, congrats to both of you for giving us a great background
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 6:37 PM
Wow, I just read it. The story is REALLY good, but on another note, perhaps we should mention that she was engaged? So the readers will be able to understand the affair aspect.

And sorry Charming! I've been away for a while because of school. I've been working on essay writing and prepping for high school. Darn, I hate essays. I'm going to be working on bio's pretty soon, so I'll be the inhabitants thread. (=
Retired
retired moderator
#106 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 11:15 PM
Hmmm, a bit of an odd request, but could we include a themed clown in the graveyard, a la Tragic Clown? I've sort of taken to adding one to the graveyard in each world I work on. For example, there's Sinister Clown in Niua Simoa, and there's Cassanova Clown in a world I'm about to release. If I'm having a hand in this, it'd be pretty cool to include another clown, if other collaborators are cool with the idea. Ideas for a theme would be welcome if it's okay.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#107 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 2:47 AM
That sounds like a fun idea. If that doesn't imply too much additional cc, I'm definitely ok for that.
Field Researcher
#108 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 2:52 AM
The clown sounds like it will be fun... I always had a thing for dead clowns lol i rather them dead and look at them then alive and run away from them

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Wiki Wizard
#109 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 7:37 AM
Haha sounds like a fun idea kiwi i think tragic clown would be a bad idea as the tragic clown group has just been set up here at MTS and we don't want to look like we're copying, but any other type of dead clown is cool

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#110 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 8:06 AM
I would have said let's have a twisted crazy clown but the idea of having this wandering ghost might be too frightening for tasia :p
Retired
retired moderator
#111 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 8:15 AM
Well, seeing as we're talking fearful, I'm going to make 'Cowardly Clown'. He'll constantly faint at the sight of the other ghosts, it'll be brilliant. All good?

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#112 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 8:15 AM
kiwi-tea, I love that idea
Field Researcher
#113 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 1:20 PM
Kiwi: that sounds more like a clown i would like a nice cowardly clown

Lana: I just pictured a twisted crazy clown terrorizing my sims lol i think they would be scared of him too.. except this one girl she seems to love the dead for strange reasons and that's Talula lol from the time i put her in my hood she has been around ghosts and the cemetery her entire life well until she became one

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Forum Resident
#114 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 10:09 AM
Kiwi tea, that's such a funny idea! I love it.
#115 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 11:29 PM
Thanks, Lia. I've edited it and mentioned Lilith being engaged. I know essays can be tough but I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job. Your high school years are gonna be great. I miss mine already...lol

A tragic clown would be kinda cool, Kiwi. What about Wrenna's sister? She's one of Talula's ancestors and hydrophobia runs in the family as a result of members dying in mysterious way (usually involving the sea). How about a Hydrophobic Clown? Lol.

HISTORY (Version 3 with Lilith engaged)

Many years after the first Spanish settlers had reached the shore, a flame-haired woman who had run away from her estranged fiance set foot on the land in search of a new beginning. Locals were intrigued by her presence and soon came to see her as an outsider ("forastera") even after failed attempts on her part to fit in. Only one man out of the many had bothered to befriend her and it was then that she realized that what truly set her apart wasn't her appearance, but something that went deeper than that. Something in her had awakened and she knew that even before the birth of her first child, she would be to the one to unleash hell on earth.

By the time the town had caught up to her dark secret, she had fallen into the arms of her only male friend. Even when others were accusing her of inflicting illnesses on them, he had come to her rescue and refused to end their clandestine affair. They saw her as a witch but in his eyes, she was a goddess ("diosa").

Sadly, love wasn't enough to save her life and she was burnt at the stake three nights after the birth of their illegitimate daughter who was among the few survivors of the mysterious disease. It then became a common belief that those who opened their hearts would prosper, and those that refused to show kindness and love were bound to suffer.
Wiki Wizard
#116 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 8:36 PM
So is our NH going to be called Porto Corrado? I don't think there was a decision, we kinda just moved off the subject, lana, you're team leader, is that our final name or are we still looking? also i'm trying to think of good names right now for our group! :P

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#117 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 8:42 PM
I'm ok with Porto Corrado and I think that the majority was ok with it. Alright, let's say that if nobody disagree until Saturday it's going to be our name. And if someone disagree, we should have some kind of poll. That works for everyone?

I hope you'll come up with some nice group names, I really am uninspired right now
Wiki Wizard
#118 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 8:47 PM
Haha, well thesaurus is my friend i came up with:
World Pioneers
CAW Engineers
Landscape Architects

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#119 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 8:51 PM
World Pioneers is fun but we are hardly pioneers so... Landscape architects seems a little misguiding too, We don't create houses but a world. We're gods

CAW engineers, why not, but maybe we can find something better?
Wiki Wizard
#120 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 9:02 PM
Yeh, they are all pretty bad ideas i am so stuck for a name! maybe we could have something not relating to worlds at all, but something quircky and different!

Retired
retired moderator
#121 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 9:23 PM
How about Tectonic Sims? We work from the shaky plates upwards.

Wiki Wizard
#122 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 9:41 PM
haha i like it! :D

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#123 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 9:45 PM
That's innovative :P
Forum Resident
#124 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 3:16 PM
I love Porto Corrado as the name for our world and Tectonic Sims is a very cool group name! :D
Wiki Wizard
#125 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 4:21 PM
I'll try making an avatar for our group, unless someone is graphic savvy, because i'm certainly not XD

Page 5 of 8