Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#126 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 6:09 PM
Well, due to my inborn gift with paint and else, I declare myself automatically disqualified .
Advertisement
#127 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lanawinst
Well, due to my inborn gift with paint and else, I declare myself automatically disqualified .

Now now, there's no need to put yourself down. I personally thought you made a pretty decent world map with paint.
Forum Resident
#128 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 8:31 PM
If there's no graphic guru among us, then I wouldn't mind making an attempt to create something. I have photoshop and many royalty free designs and graphics.
Coming up with an idea is another thing.
Wiki Wizard
#129 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 8:29 PM Last edited by Deluxe Designs : 11th Mar 2010 at 8:42 PM.
Well i am in the middle of making one, you should also make one, or even more, and we can get inspiration from each other! i have a good concept but i don't think i am pulling it off very well XD

EDIT:
Ok i have made to avvies as ideas for the group, the first one is kinda the concept idea, and i like it without any writing, the second is a modified version of it with writing tell me what you guys and gals think.
Attached Images

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#130 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 8:49 PM
How exciting !

DD, I'm seeing nothing right now and what is "avvies"? :p

Edit: seeing it now! Well, nice idea. What about using a map more like the one I used for the CAW group? And can we make the title follow the form of the map, you know what I mean, rounding too?
Wiki Wizard
#131 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 8:58 PM
Yeh i get what you mean, i don't think my graphics program is capable of doing that, sleeprose will have to investigate also avvies are the profile pictures, their the same thing, just a different name :P

Forum Resident
#132 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 9:16 PM
It's so difficult when you have such a tiny space to work with. I love to see it with writing, but then it's hard to see the globe. I like that icon though. Using your map would be cool too, Lana. But it would have to be in the current colors. They are so wild, I just love it!
Wiki Wizard
#133 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 9:24 PM
We can't use the one we're using for our group icon because that is copyright of TS3 and EA, so we would have to make, or use a different globe picture also the default display picture is 100x100

Wiki Wizard
#134 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 7:21 PM
Ok i tried to do it more like you said lana, but i can't get the text to go around the globe, and i'm not sure there would be enough space :/ anyway, here was an idea:

Wiki Wizard
#135 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 7:29 PM
Ok everyone, i made our group, i am in the process of getting us all added to the group, ignore the fact it has a profile picture, that is just temporary until we find one we want

http://www.modthesims.info/member/tectonic sims

Lab Assistant
#136 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 10:34 PM
Ooo, maybe I should come up with an avvie? I'm sort of, um technology savvy? Or not, maybe I'll just try and see how it works out. I don't have photoshop, only Gimp so I'll see what I can do.

. _ .

Okay, Edited.

I have accumulated a bunch of pictures as a base, and was wondering if you liked any of them. Since I see DD is going on a globe theme...

My favorite (= Sort of kiddish but I like.

Also like this one, because it's sort of glowy =D

Then this big one

And then, I call it Avatar Planet.
Wiki Wizard
#137 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 10:46 PM
Anything would probably be an improvement of what i made XD

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#138 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 10:53 PM
That looks great, it's hard to choose :P
Forum Resident
#139 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 6:14 PM
This is an example I made with text around an image. Colors and material of the words can be pretty much anything you like.

Lia, your globes look so much better than mine! I really like them. :lovestruc
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#140 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 7:38 PM
I like it a lot! We definitely need a mix
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 1:09 AM
Okay, Finally here is my version.
Forum Resident
#142 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 2:33 AM
Lia, I love it!!! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#143 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 3:24 AM
Lia- i love it!! a little bight on the eyes is what i like lol

Mel- I like yours to

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#144 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 8:06 PM
Looks good! Could you maybe show us different styles of planets and colors so that we could choose from it?
Wiki Wizard
#145 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 5:52 PM
Yeh, i am not a big fan of the globe you're using lia :/ and sleepyrose, yours is a bit too dark, needs to be brighter and bubblier, with happier font text too

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#146 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 11:45 PM
Lia, sleepyrose, any progress on it?
Retired
retired moderator
#147 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 5:37 PM
What do people think of expanding the depth of the world a bit by putting in a large ancient sewer system underneath the town centre? It could all connect up with divewells, they can go from lot-to-lot. If we keep it all the same theme under town, it could be a very cool feature, and could hide some extra aspects of our storyline too.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Wiki Wizard
#148 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 5:44 PM
How can you do that? Can you explain it a bit more, does it need to have lots of lots underground?

Lab Assistant
#149 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 6:12 PM
That sounds amaaazing, anything underground is good by me! I think the best would be ancient sewer system linking with secret crypts and galleries, like some of the Paris Catacombs ones - I'm dreaming of an underground 'museum of curiosities', lots of candles all over the place
Retired
retired moderator
#150 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 6:26 PM
Well, not entirely news lots. You just build basements with an ancient tunnel look to them underneath the lots we're already building. Eg:

It allows a lot of scope for people to build basements. If they're classified as tombs they won't bother the people who live above them, and they could hold one or two secrets. They just have dramatic potential, and a lot of european towns have old tunnels and bunkers thanks to sewerage and wars.

Divewells have a feature called 'uber dive wells', which allows you to set them to link to other dive wells on remote lots. There would only need to be one or two entrances, and the rest could simply by underneath other lots, linked with dive wells.
Screenshots

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON

Page 6 of 8