Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

WA Worlds with Routing Fix applied (updated 2014.01.28)

by ellacharmed Posted 1st Aug 2011 at 6:22 PM - Updated 27th Jan 2014 at 4:37 PM by ellacharmed : France's disapearing lot fix

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 63 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 8:32 AM
About the dragon springs thing. I had poked my nose into that at one point, for the same problems HtheSim84 was having. It looked to me like it was the slopes, at some points the routing grid was actually below the surface of the ground, so the sims would get stuck at those points and be unable to leave the lot. Annoying, and probably a pain to fix. Don't know if it helps, but that is my two cents.
Inventor
#27 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 12:21 PM
I don't know if it has been mentioned but my inactives seem to love to go into the tomb underneath the market once you discover the entrance and just stand around forever.
Test Subject
#28 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 4:21 AM
Well
Dont know why but still freezing >_<
And now its alllllthe time D:
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 7:53 AM
I have downloaded the world files for Sunvalley, Bridgeport and WA and the fix for Twinbrook. Thank you so much for this.

My game is working perfectly except for WA, I cannot get into the countries. The
green bar loads all the way to the end and then doesn't go any further. I have never had this problem before and was wondering whether you have any idea as to what could be wrong.

Thanks
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 10:52 AM
There are more things wrong in the WA worlds that it need more than a simple routing fix, I believe.

I've been testing some ideas as I posted in here http://www.modthesims.info/journal....howentry&e=5677, haven't gotten round to it again in some weeks, though.

And others have found some other potential solutions with doors and such in here http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=452940

So, all that means, the fixes for WA is getting more and more involved.

Can you load a WA world in a new game? Is it just this Save having this issue or all Saves? Care to upload it somewhere so I can take a look?
If you don't mind losing some progress (if in the middle of an Adventure already), you can delete the traveldb.package in your Save folder and try again?
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 8:41 AM Last edited by SIMCITIZEN4 : 19th Sep 2011 at 8:42 AM. Reason: Added some info.
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
Can you load a WA world in a new game? Is it just this Save having this issue or all Saves? Care to upload it somewhere so I can take a look?
If you don't mind losing some progress (if in the middle of an Adventure already), you can delete the traveldb.package in your Save folder and try again?

I was in a new game in Edit Town mode when I clicked on the worlds (forgot to mention this). I don't have any saves etc but I will try again and see what happens.

If this happens again what is it that you need me to upload as I don't mind doing that. Anything that will help you in this mammoth task that you have taken on.
Inventor
#32 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 9:09 AM Last edited by crinrict : 19th Feb 2012 at 9:11 AM.
@ella: Wrote up some posts in German

About the general problem: http://sims3.crinrict.com/2011/09/b...s-in-china.html

And how-to for installing the .world files (it's just for the actual fixes. I won't do a tutorial for fixing in CAW itself cause I have no clue about CAW): http://sims3.crinrict.com/2012/01/a...korrigiert.html
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 4:46 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I havn't tried it out but I hope it works and makes China stop lagging!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 7:17 AM
@SIMCITIZEN4,
the Save game where you cannot load any of the WA worlds in Edit Town - zip it up and upload to mediafire or something. What is the home world when this happens? An EA default or a custom one?

Thanks, @crinrict. Looks good!

@egnite987, good luck! Hope installation went smooth for you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 1:48 PM
To SIMCITIZEN4:
I got similliar problem but I created a new save and deleted most of my mods. I am able to enter foreign towns now. Try this, it might help you too.

To creator:
Thank you very much. My game was almost unplayable with those lags every 30 sim minutes. Now everything seem to be fine.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 12:39 AM
Thank you very much. I was finally able to send my sim to China and enjoy the experience rather than wanting to throw my computer off of the balcony because I spent most of the trip in a complete stand still!
Test Subject
#37 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 5:34 PM
Default exrtraction issues
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
spagtscully,
Yes, I plan to. My timetable is to release the Resource Fixes first to get feedback on issues before I offer the .world files. As it is a huge hassle to upload multiple 10mb files each time, I'd rather do it when I've confirm the fixes work correctly.

You're all welcome. Keep those feedback coming on the fixes, so I know the worlds would be good to go.

having issues extracting the files, 7zip says data corruption am i extracting them wrong plz help
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 3:00 PM
Are you using any kind of Download Manager, @rabidfuzzel? You have to download the files one at a time. And then rename them. Please reread the Wiki pages on Multi-Part Files again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 1:14 PM
I have yet to test it in game, but thank you very much for this, I love China but it can get pretty bad!
Test Subject
#40 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 1:00 PM Last edited by zwijnstijn : 8th Feb 2012 at 8:43 PM.
Thanks , i tried but the sims still get stuck in china on those 2 spots
also seems the map is graphically messed up? .. all trees have a white glow over them like they are in blacklights lol.
Maybe its not compatible with the newest patch?
Seems however this map works a lot better as the original map tho

someone told me to make those 2 springs -no visitors- allowed , wich would solve it, but game keeps telling me a cheat has to be enabled to do that.
Any clue how?
Because making them no-visitors allowed would solve the stuck sims there

P.S. never mind the graphic issue , seems enabling a setting in game (AA smoothing ) was the problem
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 4:24 AM
I can finally visit china again, thank you so much for this!
I wish I had found it sooner.
Your hard work is much appreciated. I just had a game where China was pretty much unplayable and now it's working fine again.
Test Subject
#42 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 1:00 PM
Two questions--I'm on a Mac; is there a different path I should be installing the downloads to?

The first time I tried extracting, I didn't read closely enough and didn't rename the files first. After extracting the first one with StuffIt, it asked me for the second but didn't recognize what I clicked. I realized my error and renamed them all (China.part1.rar, China.part2.rar, etc) but now when I click on the first, it extracts but does not prompt me to select the second anymore. What am I doing wrong?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 2:03 PM
The path on Macs are also in the Wiki.

You're fine, if the extractor can find the files OK (ie after been renamed), you won't get the prompts anymore.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 5:37 PM
thank you so much for doing this, those errors were driving me batty
Test Subject
#45 Old 11th May 2012 at 1:47 AM
I don't get how to download this file. Can somebody tell me how to download this? Do we rename all the parts and extract them? Or we leave them untouched except for part 1. I'm kind of confused. Thanks for the help!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#46 Old 19th May 2012 at 8:25 AM
I'd like to draw your attention to this thread in the WA forum. There seems to be a new problem with at least one of the Egyptian bridges where Sims get stuck and cannot leave anymore. I tried both without and with your WA fixes and the problem remains. It's probably the bridge object itself, as another user reported the same while playing Setra. I have no means to check for myself what the issue might be, but maybe you can?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 6:30 PM
Thanks for the heads up.
I'm having GPU failing issues which leads to overheating issues since May and have to wait to get it RMA'd, or failing that, squeeze the money somewhere to get a replacement.
#48 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 10:02 AM
Ok, this is something new and was quite unexpected but as of patch 1.36 I can't get the China fix to load anymore. The game freezes at the loading screen and I have to shut down my computer. CrashLogAnalyzer says it's a cc error, so it may be that one hair I added since then. The unfixed world file loaded fine, however. I haven't sent any Sims to China since adding Pets and Showtime to the mix, the last time was with patch 1.33 but without the EPs and there the fixed world loaded error free.
I haven't tried vanilly with only the fix installed yet, so this is just an initial heads up.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 5:09 PM
OK, this is weird.
I removed the fixes and redownloaded. Upon placement of newly redownloaded files, game crashed.

I revert to originals (all 3) and refreshed caches - all good
Placed just China - all good - no crashes, Travel and Return Home went off fine.
Proceed with Egypt - similarly no crashes, Travel and Return Home was fine.
Continued with France - again no crashes, Travel and Return Home went off without a hitch.

It may be just the caches?
#50 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 11:33 PM Last edited by babele44 : 15th Aug 2012 at 9:41 AM.
Hm, I crashed four times in a row and deleted caches before every new attempt. At first I thought it was my save so I reverted to an earlier one. All the same. Since removing the fix I've been to China twice without problems. Egypt is still the fixed one and I had no problems there. France I haven't tried yet. It must be something that loads very early because the loading screen hangs almost immediately after start-up.

Just a quick update: I just travelled to France and the fixed version loaded fine. So it has been only China that caused me some grief. Tight pants?
Page 2 of 4