Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CC Magic -- Custom Content Management and Game Launcher [Updated 07/15/2012 ] WORKS WITH Supernatural!!!

by granthes Posted 26th Nov 2011 at 7:37 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:51 PM by Nysha

879 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 637 Feedback Posts, 241 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 33 of 36
Test Subject
#801 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 9:00 PM
My question is since origins latest updates the CC magic will not work. Is it not compatible with patch 1.69? If I uninstalled CC magic what happens to all of the content installed with it. Can I move the folder in there that says packages and put them in the mods folder and they still be in the game?
Test Subject
#802 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 2:41 PM
Default Content folder
When you install CC with CCMagic, it’ll chuck all your files into the CC Magic > Content folder of the Electronic Arts directory (in My Documents)

Is it possible to change this location? I’m using an SSD, and I’d like for all the CC to go over to my 2TB drive instead of clogging up the SSD.
Instructor
#803 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 12:32 PM
I've read a little about using it to merge packages to decrease lag. I read someone say something about licking the play button. Does that mean you have to hit the play button on CC magic from then on to launch the launcher? Or can I simply launch the launcher and everything works like before CC Magic? If you don't have to hit it to play what do you hit it for exactly? Also is it usable with patch 1.67?
Test Subject
#804 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 9:16 AM Last edited by aussie karima : 21st Mar 2016 at 9:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by cdickerson1185
I think I might have a fix for the people updating the patch. In CC Magic go to the Configurations tab and look for the "Sets" section. Make sure all the the sets you made are moved to the "enabled sets" side by clicking those green arrow buttons. I run CC Magic on patch 1.69 perfectly with no issues after I moved my sets. Hope this helps!

~ It was not the last patch[1.69] that stopped CC Magic from working it was my Security Suite Updating to Windows 10, I did not install the Windows 10 update as My girlfriend did & Sims 3 did not work properly,( She also was the one who tested W8,Sims 3 did not work) I am still using Windows 7 Ultimate, so only since my Paid Security Suite updated to Windows 10 did CC Magic stop working, not the Patch, I was playing Sims3 when I was told to update my Security Suite, & to turn everything off & close all windows on my PC, after the update, I went back to my game, CC Magic will not load, & has not worked since that time!
~ So I had updated my Game to the new patch & everything was working well, it was an Windows 10 update that changed were my CC is located, & CC Magic can not read it anymore....................... (Even though I did not install Windows 10,because I wanted to keep playing my Sims3 game, but My security suite did update for windows 10,that then changed were my CC was on my PC, It is very simple, Windows 10 is not compatible with CC Magic as CC Magic can not find my Package files to read them!) My game did not change after the Patch, [1.69] it changed nothing but which games I could choose to play with,which is so cool! IMHO! Windows 10 killed CC Magic! As it can not find my files!
Test Subject
#805 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 5:57 PM
Hi,
I think this is a wonderful creation, and I want to thank you so much as this is a solution to my many issues. However, I'm not very sure where should I start with CC Magic and unfortunately your User's Guide is not working.
Test Subject
#806 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 6:04 PM
Scholar
#807 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 11:33 PM
CC Magic has been sitting very happily on my computer for ages and I find it an excellent utility. But today Comodo Internet Security flagged 'CC Magic/Uninstal' as 'suspicious'. I don't believe for a moment that it is, but its a little odd it should single that out of all things.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Test Subject
#808 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 2:56 AM
I recently installed Sims 3 version 1.69 onto my new laptop. Will CC Magic work with this version? At the moment, I need to use Origin to launch the game. Thanks!
Test Subject
#809 Old 8th May 2016 at 6:13 PM
So I had to factory reset the computer, and I'm running 1.69, and it does not work. Currently the override option is blank, and if I press play, the programme crashes.

Is there a way to fix this, or am I going to have to go through origin? *crosses fingers*
Lab Assistant
#810 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 1:49 AM
Default Regarding help for CC Magic folders Default vs Legacy
Quote: Originally posted by SimsKtar
So, quick update and note: First, I found this CCMagic tutorial to be better: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t...to-use-cc-magic Nona's tutorial is great, except that it doesn't explain that 'Default' content is the .sims3packs and 'Legacy' is the .package files. Neither tutorial mentions that you can put Legacy .package files and Default .sims3pack files into the same sets, though the one on bestgoo.com implies it.

I got so confused and mixed up, that I managed to somehow make it so my game wouldn't even run, and so I moved the entire CCMagic folder and the entire Mods folder to my desktop... after which, not only did the game work, but all the content that had been glitching and not showing up correctly in my previous attempts to use CCMagic was working correctly. So, I'm still very confused, but at least everything seems to be working now...

I'm bumping this because some of us are still playing TS3 and some are still having problems with content and with using CC Magic and yet there is not a lot of official help out there so it's up to those of us still using it to help each other. So here is my (layman) experience with it.

The Default tab, from my experience, is everything that CC Magic saw in your Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads folder and therefore was processed by CC Magic. Legacy is whatever is in your the sims 3/Mods folder, at least in my game. I think it's, more specifically, everything that is not in Downloads when CC Magic is ran.
MY legacy(Mods) is basically everything I don't want to process through CC Magic, such as NRAAS stuff and other content that affects game play such as a mods to increase how much energy you get from coffee or how fast you skill gain, things like that. I put all those things straight into my Mods(Legacy) folder before I start the game (or CC Magic). I put ANYTHING into Mods that I am not sure CC magic will be able to play nice with.
Just know that Mods folder stuff (Legacy) doesn't actually get processed by CC Magic, so if your Mods (Legacy) folder is huge then your game could still be slow.
I put everything else into my the sims 3/downloads folder for CC Magic to process and then I run CC Magic and sort them into folders via CC Magic, such as Buy/surfaces or Build/doors or CAS/tops. I created all these subfolders under the Default tab/folder within CC MAGIC. You can actually just leave them in Default but I'm a organization freak. I hit rebuild once I am done organizing (takes a few minutes) and the game is ready to run.
Btw, install your STORE stuff via the sims 3 launcher. For me that means pay for it, then download it, then install it, then I check to make sure the sims 3 launcher shows it as installed.
Back to CC Magic:
What people don't realize is that rebuild with CC Magic STILL takes forever. The way it saves time is that as long as you don't download more content and process it through CC Magic, the next time you hit play the game loads quickly, but every time you need to rebuild (and you rebuild every time you download and install NEW content) it takes a while to rebuild.
Also,I see this question constantly on CC Magic forums so in case you need to know: All of your content that "disappeared" but still shows up in game is now in Electronic Arts/CCmagic/Content (there are more subfolders).

If you are looking for something that is making CC Magic (or your game) crash, go into the CC Magic/content folder and check all the subfolders to see if you can find what might be causing problems. Often it is some kind of content like I mentioned above that affects game play. In my experience, it is rarely something like a shirt or an object. This is doubly why I keep all those gameplay things in the Mods folder and also have those organized.
Some of the gameplay items conflict. For instance, if you have a mod that increases how fast you gain logic skill and you also have a increase all skills by 10 mod, those could conflict. I'm not a modder but I've played with them long enough to realize that if they are modding the same bits of information for similar mods, that is when they can potentially conflict. Conflicting could be anything from one of them will not work to the whole game crashes when you perform that action. Keeping gameplay stuff out of CC Magic and keeping similar gameplay mod things together helps you spot the problem whenever something comes up. Usually just removing the item (or one of the conflicting ones) fixes the game for me. Sometimes I also have to clear caches.

In MY Mods folder I have all Skins, Sims, all NRAAS stuff, all DouglasViega, CMAR, Shimrod and Twoftmama stuff , all Sliders and any other Hacked/Modded stuff.
Also if CC Magic crashes on you while trying to move or work with a file, do a computer search for that file (or find it in CC Magic/Content) and move it manually to Legacy(Mods) or delete it. So far that has worked every time for me as far as CC magic crashes. CC magic has problems moving things to and from legacy. That makes sense since CC Magic doesn't process or do anything with items outside of the default (downloads) folder.
I have heard it has problems with Patterns and Lots but I have not experienced this. I do occasionally get the materializing materials notice, but that is all. I can move the patterns around within CC magic and the patterns still show up in game as do the lots. I have never tried to use cc magic on store stuff, but I do have store stuff content in the cc magic/content/store sims 3 packs folder. Go figure.

Hope this helps someone. :p
Test Subject
#811 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by divinest
So I had to factory reset the computer, and I'm running 1.69, and it does not work. Currently the override option is blank, and if I press play, the programme crashes.

Is there a way to fix this, or am I going to have to go through origin? *crosses fingers*

I have the same Problem
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#812 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 10:45 PM
Thank you so much for this! It is so easy to use and has made my game significantly faster! <3
Test Subject
#813 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 8:36 PM Last edited by ollinaie : 26th Nov 2016 at 6:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Flowen
So I got a problem with this. I am using the german sims version so my documents folder is "Die Sims 3" instead of "The Sims 3". Now CCMagic just keeps making new "The" ones instead of using the actual "Die" one, so it's unusable for me. Any fix for that? Also when I try to change the gamepath it just crashes right away.

Using CC Magic in non-english or custom configurations:

1. move the "The Sims 3" CC Magic created out of "..\Documents\Electronic Arts"
2. open windows console
3. cd to "..\Documents\Electronic Arts" folder
4. mklink /J "The Sims 3" "Die Sims 3" <-- path to folder your installation is actual using goes here

*Be aware that this is NOT a copy but just a second name for the SAME folder. If you delete or copy something into one of the twins, it will also be changed in the other.
Test Subject
#814 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 1:39 PM
hi idk if i allowed to ask here or no but
i just moved my old user sims 3 files from my old computer to the new and and used the cc magic (because i used it back then) so the ccs would appear in the game in my new device
but apparently some are not.

and when i checked the legacy it said some files are missing.
i checked the content in the sims 3 folder.they're still there.
what do i do?thank you
Test Subject
#815 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 2:18 AM
I installed what was said for it to work. cc magic didn't detect any of my sims 3 packs in ebc or dbc of dccache files & it didn't detect my .package cc files that's in my mods packages folder & then all the sudden a pop up message........cc magic has stopped working. Now how am I going to organize my millions of content?..............PLEASE HELP
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#816 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 3:50 AM
thanks
Lab Assistant
#817 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 11:28 PM
I cannot get this to work properly with my game setup. I recently did a fresh install, this time using Origin to install my game. When I launch CC magic, I don't get any of the icons for the EPs or SPs at the bottom, and when I try to launch the game, I get a message that CC Magic has stopped working.

"My most shocking moment in the Sims can be summed up in three little words: Guinea Pig Disease."
Test Subject
#818 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 7:21 PM
I hope someone can help me. I downloaded from the exchange, it didn't install so I used CC magic.. and well... I have some "bad" cc, that I can't find in the game launcher, I don't know how to remove it.
Lab Assistant
#819 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hlobar
I hope someone can help me. I downloaded from the exchange, it didn't install so I used CC magic.. and well... I have some "bad" cc, that I can't find in the game launcher, I don't know how to remove it.

Honestly, if you can't find it visit http://sims3.crinrict.com/badcc/en/BadCC_Clothing.html to see if its any of these. If not, I would say uninstall everything in your launcher and reinstall it with CC Magic and go through everything slowly till you find it. A pain in the ass for sure, but this is probably your best bet.
Test Subject
#820 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 8:43 AM
This is a wonderful program, and I was wondering...

Is there a way to backup, export and save all the organization I've done with CC Magic?

I'm going to be wiping my hard drive and am in the process of backing everything up. It would be super awesome to not have to start over from scratch.

Thanks!

Also, just so you know, the 'Get Help' and 'Support Development' buttons on CC Magic both say "This site can't be reached."
Test Subject
#821 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 9:42 PM
do you plan on doing an updated fresher looking version of cc magic? ive noticed the packages i try to disable dont become disabled.
Test Subject
#822 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 4:20 AM
Default Nraas mods not showing up
I installed three nraas mods -Whoohooer, Portrait Panel, Mover. For some reason they won't appear in game. I put the package files in my downloads and did a rebuild but they wont show up in game, they do show up in cc magic though. I have a couple other nraas mods installed that work perfectly but I installed them before i used cc magic.
Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with cc magic?

Also if there is better place to post this please tell me
Top Secret Researcher
#823 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueBearE
I installed three nraas mods -Whoohooer, Portrait Panel, Mover. For some reason they won't appear in game. I put the package files in my downloads and did a rebuild but they wont show up in game, they do show up in cc magic though. I have a couple other nraas mods installed that work perfectly but I installed them before i used cc magic.
Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with cc magic?

Also if there is better place to post this please tell me

Mods have to be put in the packages folder. CCMagic does not handle Mods.
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Setup_and_Files

We have a help section. http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=551
Top Secret Researcher
#824 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AudCand
I cannot get this to work properly with my game setup. I recently did a fresh install, this time using Origin to install my game. When I launch CC magic, I don't get any of the icons for the EPs or SPs at the bottom, and when I try to launch the game, I get a message that CC Magic has stopped working.

With Origin, you get automatically patched to 1.69. CCMagic doesn't work with it as a launcher. You will have to launch with the EA launcher. You can still organize and merge your CC with it.
Field Researcher
#825 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 7:29 PM
Would you please like to tell me why I just spend hours chattign with other cc-magic users, trying a thousand things, ruining my folder only to find out ccmagic just doesn't work for a completely legal-bought Dutch Sims 3 game? Why? Was it too difficult to make the program recognize games that aren't 'the sims 3' but, like in my case, ' de sims 3' instead?

I litterally tried EVERYTHING, to the point even extremely experienced ccmagic users didn't know what the hell to do.
Page 33 of 36