Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CC Magic -- Custom Content Management and Game Launcher [Updated 07/15/2012 ] WORKS WITH Supernatural!!!

by granthes Posted 26th Nov 2011 at 7:37 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:51 PM by Nysha

879 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 637 Feedback Posts, 241 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 36
Instructor
Original Poster
#76 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jake_Mcneil
I would really like to use this program, I installed it using the installer,
but when I launch it it flashes whatever there is to see and then it says CC magic stopped working

I would be happy to help you out with this issue. Please log into the help forums and post a new message in the CC Magic board. Please be sure to attach your log file from the <documents>\Electronic Arts\CC Magic\Logs folder.

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#77 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 9:15 PM
Nice job on the bugfixes
Test Subject
#78 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:56 AM
Thank U!!! Thank U!!! Thank U!!! Thank U!!! Thank U!!! Thank U!!! Thank U!!! Thank U!!! Thank U!!! Thank U!!! Thank U!!! Thank U!!!Thank U!!! Thank U!!! Thank U!!!
Can't say it enough
Test Subject
#79 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 10:48 AM
Hi! I register in the help forum because I don't know the answer to the last question. Even so, I really need some help because the program crashes as soon as I start it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#80 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by petite gateau
Hi! I register in the help forum because I don't know the answer to the last question. Even so, I really need some help because the program crashes as soon as I start it.

If you are saying that you can't log into the forums at http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums because of the registration questions, please try again. The questions change at random, so you probably won't get that same one again. Or you could always post which question is giving you problems here and I'm sure we can get the answer for you.

Once you get logged into the forums, post your question with the log file from <documents>\Electronic Arts\CC Magic\Logs and we'll be able to tell you how to get CC Magic running.

Test Subject
#81 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by granthes
If you are saying that you can't log into the forums at http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums because of the registration questions, please try again. The questions change at random, so you probably won't get that same one again. Or you could always post which question is giving you problems here and I'm sure we can get the answer for you.

Once you get logged into the forums, post your question with the log file from <documents>\Electronic Arts\CC Magic\Logs and we'll be able to tell you how to get CC Magic running.

I got the same question. D: It's:
What is the name of the famous Goth female in the sims series?:
Instructor
Original Poster
#82 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by petite gateau
I got the same question. D: It's:
What is the name of the famous Goth female in the sims series?:

Bella

Test Subject
#83 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 11:29 PM Last edited by megamanx06 : 7th Dec 2011 at 11:44 PM.
This looks amazing, unfortunately it crashes every time I click rebuild. Does it detect the store content and world sims3pack files automatically, or do I have to move those back to the Downloads folder?

Edit: I made a clothing subfolder, and it seems to always crash partway through that one. Could it be a specific file that the program doesn't like?

Edit 2: I found the problem. Not sure what was wrong with the .package files, but they didn't have a category listed (not even Unknown). I think some of them might have been recolors. I'll try to figure it out.
Instructor
Original Poster
#84 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by megamanx06
This looks amazing, unfortunately it crashes every time I click rebuild. Does it detect the store content and world sims3pack files automatically, or do I have to move those back to the Downloads folder?

Edit: I made a clothing subfolder, and it seems to always crash partway through that one. Could it be a specific file that the program doesn't like?

If CC Magic is crashing at the same place every time, the best bet is to look at the <documents>\Electronic Arts\CC Magic\Logs folder. The newest log file should contain the name of the last item it tried to process near the bottom. It will be the last 3 or 4 lines that have a date and time at the beginning.

As far as sims3pack files, moving them back to the downloads folder is necessary for CC Magic to see them. BUT, CC Magic cannot read the store sims3pack files since they are encrypted. You will need to keep the store content installed using the EA Launcher.

Test Subject
#85 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 1:07 AM
I can't use the program at all either.....it doesn't even give me a chance to do anything, it just crashes, and I get the "the sims CC magic has stopped working." message. I really could benefit from this program!!! I hope I can get it working at some point..
Test Subject
#86 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 1:24 AM
If CC Magic is crashing at the same place every time, the best bet is to look at the <documents>\Electronic Arts\CC Magic\Logs folder. The newest log file should contain the name of the last item it tried to process near the bottom. It will be the last 3 or 4 lines that have a date and time at the beginning.

As far as sims3pack files, moving them back to the downloads folder is necessary for CC Magic to see them. BUT, CC Magic cannot read the store sims3pack files since they are encrypted. You will need to keep the store content installed using the EA Launcher.

This is what it was:

2011-12-07 18:31:29Z| Warn | [S3ToolKit.GameFiles.Package.DBPFPackage] -- Unknown DBPF Version 1.1, Expected 2.0 -- C:\Users\[my name]\Documents\Electronic Arts\CC Magic\Content\Packages\CMESH_AF_Fantasy-Medieval-Swimsuit_Sep10_Aligeth.package
2011-12-07 18:31:29Z| Fatal | [CCMagic.App] -- Unhandled ExceptionSystem.IO.InvalidDataException: Unknown File Version: 1.1, Expected 2.0

I downloaded that file a long time ago, and I don't think it ever worked in-game. I'm not even sure what it is, to be honest. There were a few of them like that, and also some files from another set which I think were recolors of a hairstyle.

But anyway, I haven't had a chance to actually run the game yet, but everything seems to check out now. Thanks.
Forum Resident
#87 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 10:00 PM
I noticed in the screenshots, that you had the objects listed under each theme. If I were to make each set separated by creator or object type, will that work as well? Or will that cause lag in the game since the sets are not combined together?
Instructor
Original Poster
#88 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by megamanx06
This is what it was:

2011-12-07 18:31:29Z| Warn | [S3ToolKit.GameFiles.Package.DBPFPackage] -- Unknown DBPF Version 1.1, Expected 2.0 -- C:\Users\[my name]\Documents\Electronic Arts\CC Magic\Content\Packages\CMESH_AF_Fantasy-Medieval-Swimsuit_Sep10_Aligeth.package
2011-12-07 18:31:29Z| Fatal | [CCMagic.App] -- Unhandled ExceptionSystem.IO.InvalidDataException: Unknown File Version: 1.1, Expected 2.0

I downloaded that file a long time ago, and I don't think it ever worked in-game. I'm not even sure what it is, to be honest. There were a few of them like that, and also some files from another set which I think were recolors of a hairstyle.

But anyway, I haven't had a chance to actually run the game yet, but everything seems to check out now. Thanks.

That file version indicates that it is a "The Sims 2" add on.

Instructor
Original Poster
#89 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
I noticed in the screenshots, that you had the objects listed under each theme. If I were to make each set separated by creator or object type, will that work as well? Or will that cause lag in the game since the sets are not combined together?

Any organization that makes sense to you should work fine.

If you keep the total number of sets down to under about 35 or 40, lag won't be a problem at all. Up to about 150 or so sets should still be ok-ish. Beyond that, the file count gets too high and causes lag.

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#90 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 1:39 AM
Thank you for the response! I was worried about that and my CC has been in a huge clunk called "Objects", "CAS", and "Patterns" and I wanted to make sure it was alright to organize them better before I started to make a bunch of sets.
Test Subject
#91 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 2:31 AM
That file version indicates that it is a "The Sims 2" add on.

Ah thanks, that would explain it. And everything works great now, you probably saved 100 hours of my life from the extra load time from all this CC I have. I wish I could thank this 1000000 times.
Test Subject
#92 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 4:51 AM
I just installed this and all of my mods (NRAS, No Intro, etc.) and the vast majority of my CC has disappeared.
I have 2 sets - default & legacy - that it made when I launched it for the first time and legacy is is blank when selected and default has what appears to be a just few dozen of my simpack files.
How do I fix this so I can get my content back?
Instructor
Original Poster
#93 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Killbeggar
I just installed this and all of my mods (NRAS, No Intro, etc.) and the vast majority of my CC has disappeared.
I have 2 sets - default & legacy - that it made when I launched it for the first time and legacy is is blank when selected and default has what appears to be a just few dozen of my simpack files.
How do I fix this so I can get my content back?

The main thing to check is to be sure you hit the Play button to start the game. If you just run CC Magic and don't hit play, it won't generate the Resource.cfg files for the game to find the CC with.

If the content is still not present, the second thing to do is to hit the Clear Cache button and choose yes. This will force CC Magic to rebuild all of the cache files needed to install content into the game. The next time you hit the play button, it will spend some time and recreate the caches before starting the game.

Test Subject
#94 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 5:16 AM
The main thing to check is to be sure you hit the Play button to start the game. If you just run CC Magic and don't hit play, it won't generate the Resource.cfg files for the game to find the CC with.

If the content is still not present, the second thing to do is to hit the Clear Cache button and choose yes. This will force CC Magic to rebuild all of the cache files needed to install content into the game. The next time you hit the play button, it will spend some time and recreate the caches before starting the game.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I have done both of those and I am still missing a majority of the files I had before I installed it. It seems to have completely deleted my .pkg files and just loaded (at least some of) my sims3packs.
Instructor
Original Poster
#95 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Killbeggar
Thank you for the prompt reply. I have done both of those and I am still missing a majority of the files I had before I installed it. It seems to have completely deleted my .pkg files and just loaded (at least some of) my sims3packs.

Have you organized them into sets or are they just in the Default and Legacy sets? If you have created more sets, please be sure to check and make sure that those sets are under the "enabled sets" list on the config tab.

If the files were moved into the default set, you can find them under <documents>/Electronic Arts/CC Magic/Content/Packages folder.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 8:50 PM
I can't wait to use this!
Test Subject
#97 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 2:01 AM
Have you organized them into sets or are they just in the Default and Legacy sets? If you have created more sets, please be sure to check and make sure that those sets are under the "enabled sets" list on the config tab.

If the files were moved into the default set, you can find them under <documents>/Electronic Arts/CC Magic/Content/Packages folder.

Ok I have it working, I am used to your Custom Launcher and the changes in structure kinda threw me for a loop. Thank you for your patience and help.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 8:41 AM
This makes me happy!
But I have one question, would you happen to know why the picture of some CC shows up in the thumbnails and others do not? It leaves a blank white square, which sucks.
I've tried clearing caches and rebuilding and I am just about to give up on it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#99 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by momoai13
This makes me happy!
But I have one question, would you happen to know why the picture of some CC shows up in the thumbnails and others do not? It leaves a blank white square, which sucks.
I've tried clearing caches and rebuilding and I am just about to give up on it.

The way thumbnails work is that the item has to be seen in the game's catalog or clothing selection window to generate the thumbnail. Once that has been done, CC Magic can detect that thumbnail and show it.

There is a bug that affects some of these items that I am working on resolving where the thumbnail never shows up. Hopefully sometime soon I'll get that fixed and uploaded. (Think "after January" for sometime soon... )

Test Subject
#100 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 10:53 AM Last edited by Jaybzieh : 16th Dec 2011 at 11:10 AM.
Um, sorry I'm a complete noob at computery stuff, but can I get all the CC that came with people from the exchange into CC magic? It has hardly any of my CC in it and I really need to go through it all..

Edit: And also, I can just move all my .package files into the package folder, right? Then it will see them too? God, I sound like such a noob..
Page 4 of 36