Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CC Magic -- Custom Content Management and Game Launcher [Updated 07/15/2012 ] WORKS WITH Supernatural!!!

by granthes Posted 26th Nov 2011 at 7:37 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:51 PM by Nysha

879 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 637 Feedback Posts, 241 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 36
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 8:06 AM
How can I get this to work with the 3booter?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#127 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 1:20 PM
Wow this the best thing ever, kid u not i really don't know what the heck i am doing but ,from my experiment with all of my cc down load i count 338 file i tried to un stall them and only use patterns .so that my lag; that everyone calls it would stop.So I
tried putting some more cc on to see if this really work oh ohhh my gosh ur A Damn saint i must say thank ya a bunch for share. I am now praying that keep running so damn smooth I CANT BELIEVE HOW FAST IT UPLOADED AND I WAS MOVING AROUND WITH OUT THE LAGGING.OH, WHAT A DRAG THAT WAS .NOW IT FEEL AS IF I CAN REALLY GET INTO THIS GAME NOW. HUWWWWWW THANKS AGAIN. PLEASE KEEP IT BUG FREE FOR US. IT IS SO DAMN GREAT LORTY I REALLY NEED THIS.SO WHEN I GET MINE (MY)IN NEXT MTH. GOT TO GIVE THIS JUST TO GREAT.
Instructor
Original Poster
#128 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mellowyellow09
How can I get this to work with the 3booter?

On the Options tab is a setting called "Game EXE Override", just put the full path to your 3booter file. If you have to pass parameters to 3booter, you will need to create a batch file and put the path to that batch file in the override line.

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Test Subject
#129 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 3:35 AM
I need help. It crashes at 'Import Downloads'. I have all the requirements and even downloaded all the updates on my computer to be sure. I really have no idea what could be the problem.. unless it's the fact that I have a ton and I mean a ton of downloaded cc content. Anyway, do you have a solution? I would appreciate it as I'm really looking forward to using this. All this cc has really slowed down my game.
Test Subject
#130 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alipskaya
I need help. It crashes at 'Import Downloads'. I have all the requirements and even downloaded all the updates on my computer to be sure. I really have no idea what could be the problem.. unless it's the fact that I have a ton and I mean a ton of downloaded cc content. Anyway, do you have a solution? I would appreciate it as I'm really looking forward to using this. All this cc has really slowed down my game.

I searched the issue online and found that after checking the log, there were zip, rar, and corrupt files that I had to delete first in order for it to work. Each time CCMagic would reach one of these files, it would crash. Anyway, works now. Now I better get to work. I have a couple thousand files to sort through

Thanks so much, seems great so far :D
Test Subject
#131 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 7:26 PM
Ok.. so. I've been having issues again. The game seems to crash when I go to CAS. Also, I'm not sure if this was the original function or not but cc magic does not seem to be doing anything about my mods. I know that the mods are generally what are causing my game to slow down the most. However when I open cc magic it only pulls stuff from the packages and downloads folders, not the mods folder. I can technically move them from 'mods' to 'downloads' or something but then I'm not sure they will still function in the game. Any ideas on these issues?
Instructor
Original Poster
#132 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 10:46 PM
Ok.. so. I've been having issues again. The game seems to crash when I go to CAS. Also, I'm not sure if this was the original function or not but cc magic does not seem to be doing anything about my mods. I know that the mods are generally what are causing my game to slow down the most. However when I open cc magic it only pulls stuff from the packages and downloads folders, not the mods folder. I can technically move them from 'mods' to 'downloads' or something but then I'm not sure they will still function in the game. Any ideas on these issues?

Mods will work either way, you can move them from Mods\Packages into your Downloads folder and re-run CC Magic, or you can just go to the "Legacy" set in CC Magic and drag it there.

Be sure to have your CC moved into the Default set (or a sub set of default) so that CC Magic can consolidate them.

Also, some mods are just CPU hogs and will always lag the game. For those bigger mods, the only hope is a faster computer. But for the other 99% of stuff out there, CC magic should really help.

Test Subject
#133 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by granthes
Mods will work either way, you can move them from Mods\Packages into your Downloads folder and re-run CC Magic, or you can just go to the "Legacy" set in CC Magic and drag it there.

Be sure to have your CC moved into the Default set (or a sub set of default) so that CC Magic can consolidate them.

Also, some mods are just CPU hogs and will always lag the game. For those bigger mods, the only hope is a faster computer. But for the other 99% of stuff out there, CC magic should really help.

I appreciate your quick reply. I have thought of moving the mods from 'mods' to 'downloads' and trying that, and I'll let you know how that goes. As far as computers go, my computer is very fast (it's new). I'm still not sure why my game is crashing when I go into CAS, however, because that's something it has never done before. When I turned my game on after running cc magic, my sim's hairstyle was reset from a custom to a standard, so I had to go to CAS to change it back. When I did, the game crashed. Since the cc is not coming out of 'downloads' but is running from cc magic, could this be a bug, or what? As of right now I'm not able to play.. hoping to get this resolved.
Instructor
Original Poster
#134 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 6:25 AM
I appreciate your quick reply. I have thought of moving the mods from 'mods' to 'downloads' and trying that, and I'll let you know how that goes. As far as computers go, my computer is very fast (it's new). I'm still not sure why my game is crashing when I go into CAS, however, because that's something it has never done before. When I turned my game on after running cc magic, my sim's hairstyle was reset from a custom to a standard, so I had to go to CAS to change it back. When I did, the game crashed. Since the cc is not coming out of 'downloads' but is running from cc magic, could this be a bug, or what? As of right now I'm not able to play.. hoping to get this resolved.

It sounds like you may have a corrupted pattern in your CC.

The best way to find out is to move all of your patterns into a new set in CC Magic, and be sure and DISABLE that set on the configurations tab. Then rebuild the cache and play.

Patterns, especially mad with the Create a Pattern tool, are very prone to causing crashes in CAS.

Test Subject
#135 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 5:54 AM
It sounds like you may have a corrupted pattern in your CC.

The best way to find out is to move all of your patterns into a new set in CC Magic, and be sure and DISABLE that set on the configurations tab. Then rebuild the cache and play.

Patterns, especially mad with the Create a Pattern tool, are very prone to causing crashes in CAS.

I went to cc magic and enabled the sets, however now whenever I select an object and try to randomize a pattern, nothing happens, and when I select an item and try to customize it, the game freezes at loading and says 'materializing materials', at which point I have to force close the game because it never loads up. I just have no idea what is doing this.
Instructor
Original Poster
#136 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 8:34 AM
I went to cc magic and enabled the sets, however now whenever I select an object and try to randomize a pattern, nothing happens, and when I select an item and try to customize it, the game freezes at loading and says 'materializing materials', at which point I have to force close the game because it never loads up. I just have no idea what is doing this.

This is a symptom of how the Create A Pattern created patterns aren't working properly.

It isn't caused by CC Magic, but CC Magic tends to make it much more apparent.

Test Subject
#137 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 3:42 PM
This is a symptom of how the Create A Pattern created patterns aren't working properly.

It isn't caused by CC Magic, but CC Magic tends to make it much more apparent.

Thanks for your reply. At this point I think I'm going to have to delete the program because not only is it not making my game any faster, but it's causing issues that I never had before. I have way too many patterns to go through disabling them one by one to figure out which one is causing the problem (if that's even the issue). It seems that when I fix one issue, another one appears. I'm spending more time trying to figure what is wrong each new time than actually playing the game at this point. Anyhow, hope it works out better for others. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#138 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 8:03 PM
I have a mac, which means I can run the .exe file I get when I try to use the set-up. Can you please explain how to install this? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. >.<
Test Subject
#139 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bexoalen
I have a mac, which means I can run the .exe file I get when I try to use the set-up. Can you please explain how to install this? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. >.<

Since we have macs, we can't run it straight from the .exe files. It instead shows up as a textedit. I am pretty sure there are programs out there which allow us to open these, but I have never used one before. Granthes, any suggestions?
Test Subject
#140 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beebop77
Since we have macs, we can't run it straight from the .exe files. It instead shows up as a textedit. I am pretty sure there are programs out there which allow us to open these, but I have never used one before. Granthes, any suggestions?

I thought so too, but I am desperate to have this since I spend an hour JUST to open my game... >.<
Test Subject
#141 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 1:29 AM
I need help again.. ugh. I uninstalled the program and the whole create a pattern issue is still happening.. did I uninstall something incorrectly? Everything worked fine before I installed this.. how do I resolve this?
Instructor
Original Poster
#142 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 3:14 AM
I need help again.. ugh. I uninstalled the program and the whole create a pattern issue is still happening.. did I uninstall something incorrectly? Everything worked fine before I installed this.. how do I resolve this?

Be sure and delete the <documents>\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Cache folder and all of the contents. This is where CC Magic puts the content for the game.

However, I really don't know if that will help or not. The patterns issue has nothing to do with CC Magic, so removing it may or may not help. It's really a random issue with the patterns themselves...

Instructor
Original Poster
#143 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bexoalen
I thought so too, but I am desperate to have this since I spend an hour JUST to open my game... >.<

Unfortunately, I don't own a Mac, so I can't make CC Magic work on one. I have no idea how to make programs work there.

I do know that MTS has a Mac forum that has a bunch of helpful information on how to make programs run on Mac OSX. You might take a look there.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#144 Old 11th Jan 2012 at 7:33 PM
Thank you for this. It sounds like it would solved my problems! Going to try it out
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#145 Old 11th Jan 2012 at 9:34 PM
I love this program! Before it, it took forever for my game to load. Now, it loads just like it would without any CC Thank you for making this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#146 Old 11th Jan 2012 at 10:47 PM
I love this mod so far! Very awesome, thank you The only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to drag Multi selected items from the default set to a new set I've created. :O Anyone able to help? Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#147 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 12:13 AM
I'm confused about EA Store content. What do I do with it? Will this launcher include it in the game or ignore it?
Instructor
Original Poster
#148 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Selarah
I love this mod so far! Very awesome, thank you The only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to drag Multi selected items from the default set to a new set I've created. :O Anyone able to help? Thanks

If you click on the first item, then shift-click or ctrl-click on the last one and hold the mouse while you start dragging, it will keep the entire selection.

Instructor
Original Poster
#149 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nik24X7
I'm confused about EA Store content. What do I do with it? Will this launcher include it in the game or ignore it?

Because store content is encrypted, CC Magic will ignore it.

The current version has an issue where store content can cause a crash, but I plan on uploading an update in the next few days to correct that.

Test Subject
#150 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 7:07 AM
OOoo, I see! Never did the and 'hold part'. Thank you kindly! Again thanks for all your efforts in producing this amazing program xox
Page 6 of 36