Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#151 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 9:52 AM
I remember moving them to a new house every time I play. This time around, I think I'm just gonna keep expanding.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 11:21 AM

This didn't end well.
Top Secret Researcher
#153 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AwooWolfWoof
I remember moving them to a new house every time I play. This time around, I think I'm just gonna keep expanding.

Their house IS ridiculously tiny. They must live mostly in their yard, which I guess you can do in The Sims, since it never rains or anything...

I tried moving them once, but they didn't feel like Bob and Betty without their ridiculous house. :-)

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#154 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 8:32 AM
Played a bit with the Goth family. I forgot on how their house in the first game looks pretty spacious on the outside but is not so much on the inside (When I think of their house, the size of either 165 Sim Lane or 13 Skyborough Boulevard always comes to mind). Another thing is the uneven terrain and that when greeting guests, the guests would often than not go through the back (Well, the dining area is in the back so that's not a waste.)

Not wanting to touch 5 Sim Lane (Though I'm thinking of making it look more old and just leave it vacant), I decided to just give the Mango Manor (the house next to Mortimer's parents house) the Goth family touch. Changed the windows, flooring, and wall paint to match 5 Sim Lane. Moving in Mortimer and the family now .
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#155 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 3:25 PM
Played a bit with the Goth family. I forgot on how their house in the first game looks pretty spacious on the outside but is not so much on the inside

Yeah, when I played the Goths, they were always getting stuck in doorways, one trying to go into the bedroom while another was trying to come out, then putting their hands up and shrugging for what seemed like HOURS.

I expanded the Goths' house, so as to have more space for them to move around and to have skill objects. But the game didn't want to give me any more roof, so the new addition was open to the sky! I've heard of skylights, but this is ridiculous. :-)

The house you've made looks nice, but it also looks as if it would take them a long time to walk from one end of it to the other. The game is set up so that the sims like big rooms, but if you actually GIVE them big rooms, they slowly amble from one end of it to the other. Making the right size and configuration of house for them is not as easy as it seems!

I'm amused that Will Wright originally wanted to make a house-building simulation and added the people only to have someone to react to the houses, because the houses he built seem ... how do I put this politely? The houses he built seem sub-optimal. :-)

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#156 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
The house you've made looks nice, but it also looks as if it would take them a long time to walk from one end of it to the other.

Yep . When entering the house and telling them to go do something in the living room, the would go through the back (Probably because of the door there?)

Visitors would ring the rightmost door and with the kitchen on the leftmost side of the house... the kitchen needs to be moved .
Test Subject
#157 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 3:03 AM
Poor Brad .
Screenshots
Test Subject
#158 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 6:36 PM
Gonna be moving the Pleasants here. Could probably use a bit more sprucing. It feels like they're going to live in a box .
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 9:36 PM
Default Old Goth Re did House
I remember I loved to add on to the Goth house and make a pool with an Island. And the Ghosts that haunt the Goth mansion at night love to swim by the way. I hope I don't totally make a fool of myself trying to upload these pics as I haven't done this for years. Here goes.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#160 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zorba2357
I remember I loved to add on to the Goth house and make a pool with an Island. And the Ghosts that haunt the Goth mansion at night love to swim by the way.

The GHOSTS love to SWIM?!?! Oh, wow. Thanks for passing that along; I'll have to try that!

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#161 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 12:04 PM
I remember trying to contain the ghosts by putting them on an island in the pool, only to find it didn't work!
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 5:51 PM
Default Ghosts Swim!
I found some pictures:
They swim, walk on water, and sometimes get confused and swim on the Island.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 6:04 PM
My current neighborhood 1
Screenshots
Test Subject
#164 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 3:51 AM Last edited by AwooWolfWoof : 26th Jun 2021 at 5:37 AM.
More 7 Sim Lane renovations . Probably gonna add one more room on the encircled part on the first image and then finally start buying them better stuff.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#165 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 6:04 PM
And they ended up moving back . Just decided to expand their house a bit. People still enter from the back to get to the dining area though .
Screenshots
Test Subject
#166 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 7:14 PM
And they ended up moving back . Just decided to expand their house a bit. People still enter from the back to get to the dining area though .

Is the kid's bedroom door leading outside? XD
Test Subject
#167 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MakinUnleashed
Is the kid's bedroom door leading outside? XD

Yep, they exchanged rooms. Originally, I also placed a double door there until I realized how awkward that seems .
Test Subject
#168 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 7:06 PM
Yep, they exchanged rooms. Originally, I also placed a double door there until I realized how awkward that seems .

Well, children don't need double beds, after all.
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 7:48 PM

JAKERS, someone's household import/export component has been busy as of lately

We've only just begun to live... ♪ ♫

of all of these roomies, OF COURSE Megan, one of the city's 85 mayors, would be the one making noises post-people-gathernig-night blues

Omnimom as the house decor revelation of the domestic perceptive design

and HEY, turns out one of the older grandfathers of what we know as "plumbob" these days (a blue circle), the classic archaeological sprite derivative mainly from the 1998 demo, can still be found within the sprites bank. all we had to do is to ask the game to display the "head icon" instead of "route icon" as the draw_routes cheat code was doing its usual job
Screenshots

PIAZZI ROCKS
(so do you)
lixcpu@gmail.com
Test Subject
#170 Old 9th Jul 2021 at 7:59 AM
Speaking of the Newbies, last night I opened up The Sims Complete Collection (Pirated version I downloaded somewhere over this comp won't let my The Sims 1 CDs work cuz the CD Drive is broken) and let 'em kiss and now they luv each other. Like light pink heart, but still.
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 12:13 PM
So, 6 years and a month later. Have another Makin' Magic picture, because it's almost spooky time.
Since Simitone allows for up to 5 floors, I made some quick changes to Alfred's B&B to look more like the Bates house from Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho on which it's based through the use of some CC. Note how tiny the trees are in TS1.
(Don't judge me for posting a picture of this lot again, Magic Town is my special interest okay!)

Test Subject
#172 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 2:29 PM
Default Old Images of Past.
My The sims was all about the magic world theme, I recently managed to re-install it on win 10 with all the mods. these are the only images from that old time when I started.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#173 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 8:12 PM
I've been bitten by The Sims 1 bug recently and thought I'd share some photos from my game

First we have the McCalloughs, a family of farmers enjoying the quiet life in Old Town. There's the grandparents, their daughter and grandchildren plus the family dog, Terry. The kids love running around all day and helping their grandfather with the gardening.

Then there's a picture of the Roomies household, consisting of two bachelors who work hard and unwind by hosting the best parties.

Lastly there's the Madsen family - a wealthy older woman, her adult son and his new wife.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#174 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 4:54 PM
Mirabella and Gudrun both at Magic Town to maybe become strong witches one day! Never played with Making Magic befor and I'm overwhelmed .-.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#175 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KiraNettt
Mirabella and Gudrun both at Magic Town to maybe become strong witches one day! Never played with Making Magic befor and I'm overwhelmed .-.

If you've never played with Makin' Magic before, make sure you try the magic duel! I found it really nifty.

Page 7 of 8