Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 4:19 AM
Default I'm looking for people to help me with creating a neighborhood!
Checking the forum rules, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, or if this is even allowed at all, but... whatevs. Ever since I heard about the discovery of Viola Monty's deletion, I've been nursing an idea in my head. I call it... "Veronaville Reloaded." Using Tarlia's cleaned Veronaville as a base, I'd like to...
-Restore Viola to uhh... existence
-Have Contessa, Hero, Claudio, and Olivia all be still alive, as is hinted was originally going to be the case
-Change memories and relationships to account for the extra sims, and possibly add even more details to Tarlia's improved sets of memories
-Restore EVERY ancestor that Tarlia cut
-Restore the original townies and NPCs Tarlia cut
-Update each sim to account to have proper Lifetime Wants, Turn-Ons, and Turn-Offs (Romeo and Juliette will actually be compatible now!!!)
-Add the Monty Restaurant as a business owned by Patrizio
-As a counterpart, create a boutique owned by Contessa (Why a boutique? Because if I remember correctly, Veronaville doesn't actually have a clothing store. Whoops!)
-Add a tavern, maybe to be owned by Titania??? I dunno, the Summerdreams don't really seem like the business-owning types...
-Add Community Bartender and Reporter NPCs to account for the new community lots
*It will require Nightlife and Open for Business to function properly.
There's just a couple problems with this. First off, I don't know the technical side of tinkering around in SimPE to get the stuff I want. I suppose I could just follow a guide for that, but ehhhh.... Secondly, I'm pretty bad at building. I want someone to help me so that the restaurant, boutique, and tavern don't look like garbage built by an 8 year old. And thirdly, the BIGGEST problem- I have the Ultimate Collection. I know both that in order to build a main neighborhood like this, I need to use AnyGameStarter, and that Ultimate Collection doesn't work neatly with AGS, because it will load the game with Mansion and Garden stuff no matter what I do. This is a problem, because I want my neighborhood to be usable by Mac users. So, with all that in mind, I hope someone on these forums could help me with those little issues. Thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 11:22 AM
If you cannot work with SimPE and you don't build, and you are using a clean template from someone else, what exactly are you bringing to this "group" project? Because it sounds an awful lot like a request for someone else to do all the work.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 11:44 AM
Someone else would have to do it if you want to make it Mac compatible but only have UC- you can't use UC to make a hood that doesn't need M&G.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
If you cannot work with SimPE and you don't build, and you are using a clean template from someone else, what exactly are you bringing to this "group" project? Because it sounds an awful lot like a request for someone else to do all the work.

I was going to come up with what the new relationships were, come up with the new sets of memories, come up with the concepts for new community lots, come up with new storylines to account for the new sims... it sounded like a fairer share of work in my head, but now that you say it out loud I kinda have to agree with you...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Someone else would have to do it if you want to make it Mac compatible but only have UC- you can't use UC to make a hood that doesn't need M&G.

Not to be rude, but... I know that. I listed that as the biggest problem in my original post.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 1:32 PM
Oh, I thought you were asking for help with how to get over that issue, and I was just saying you can't- if you open the hood in your game and then close it, it will require M&G. It's not a little issue as you mentioned, which was why I posted.
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Jan 2022 at 4:17 PM
Smefanye, you could also check out this hood by Scleracorp - Violet is added and all adults are resurrected: https://scleracorp.tumblr.com/post/...lity-have#notes
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RheiaM
Smefanye, you could also check out this hood by Scleracorp - Violet is added and all adults are resurrected: https://scleracorp.tumblr.com/post/...lity-have#notes

*Chef's Kiss*
PERFECT. This is BEAUTIFUL.
Welp, so much for this project! I'm quite happy to see someone has done my work for me!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 8:38 PM Last edited by Smefanye : 25th Jan 2022 at 9:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Smefanye
*Chef's Kiss*
PERFECT. This is BEAUTIFUL.
Welp, so much for this project! I'm quite happy to see someone has done my work for me!

Uhhh I spoke a bit too soon. The drama is impeccable, but there are two major flaws:
-The memories haven't been updated except to remove death memories about people who are alive again. This causes some problems when it comes to the storylines:
-Caliban and Cordelia don't remember falling out of love
-Antonio doesn't remember getting fired
-No one remembers anything at all about Viola. NOT EVEN HER PARENTS! Poor girl!
-I have the Super Duper Hug bug now. So that's not great
Overall, I'd give it a B+. Still quite good, but some flaws that I wish would be fixed
EDIT- On second thought, I'm thinking it PROBABLY was caused by the Social Class townie pool I downloaded. Here you can find the PROBABLY bugged subhood
I have a question for you guys, I'm not quite sure about this. Is this thing stuck to my game FOREVER? Because for stupid computer reasons I have to reinstall my game anyway tonight or tomorrow morning, and I haven't opened my main neighborhood since then. If I don't touch my main neighborhood until I reinstall, and get rid of the two possible culprits , will my main neighborhood remain clean?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 8:59 PM
Get Boiling Oil's No Sim Loaded and the hug bug won't be a problem.
A simple, but tedious, task that can get you familiar with SimPE: fix the memories yourself. Or there is a Memory Manipulator somewhere. You can start now getting the skills that will someday enable you to think of a large project and realize, Hey, I can do that now!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 10:26 PM
Nah, don't get NoSimLoaded- it won't get rid of the SDH from that lot. But this will:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....978#post5670978
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 10:54 PM
Nah, don't get NoSimLoaded- it won't get rid of the SDH from that lot. But this will:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....978#post5670978

So, what happens if I run both the NoSimLoaded and Chris Hatch thingy at the same time? Will Chris's lot cleaner still work? And since I know this must have been caused by an infected neighborhood, is my main hood safe?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 11:11 PM
I use both. No Sim Loaded does other things.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#16 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 11:32 PM Last edited by omglo : 25th Jan 2022 at 11:52 PM.
If you must use No Sim Loaded, consider one of Midge the Trees fixed variations. https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...-loaded-but/amp
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Smefanye
And since I know this must have been caused by an infected neighborhood, is my main hood safe?

It's not the neighbourhood that is infected, just the lot. There is an invisible or off-lot test item which causes the bug, this gives more detail:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....534#post5153534

This thread explains why I don't use NSL.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Feb 2022 at 7:00 PM
Sorry to necro this thread but UGGGGHHHH..... I've had it with this neighborhood I got recommended! I thought the memory problems would be no big deal, but now that creator's laziness about memories is biting me in the ass! Isabella Monty happened to get the lifetime want to have 6 grandchildren. Since she already had 5 grandkids, and Olivia was pregnant with a 6th, I thought that this would be super easy! But NOPE! I played Claudio's household until Olivia gave birth to a daughter named Helena, and soon after, switched to Patrizio's household to claim Isabella's lifetime want fulfillment. She did not, in fact, fulfill her lifetime want. I've been doing a bit of thinking, and I've realized that since Isabella never got a memory of meeting her new granddaughter, Viola, she didn't seem to register Viola as a grandchild! I've HAD IT! Honestly, the only thing I like about the neighborhood is the builds (which are quite lovely.) I'll bite the bullet. I'll properly program the memories, the relationships, redo the storylines for the additional Sims, restore the NPCs... I'll even do the builds myself! (I actually might outsource the builds though... I'll probably upload a sample of my builds- and I'll have you see if it's at all acceptable. Would I upload it directly to the thread?) And by the way... is there literally any way for me to make my neighborhood Mac compatible? Because if I can't force AGS to make my neighborhood not need Mansion and Garden, my only idea is to share the Mansion and Garden required neighborhood with someone who doesn't have the Ultimate Collection, and use it as a template to create an identical copy.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#19 Old 9th Feb 2022 at 7:18 PM
It would be quite easy to make a basegame clone of the lots, terrain and decorations of a neighourhood- someone with a disc install could use HoodReplace to make a basegame only copy. But it's not so easy to copy the sims, memories, relationships etc.; someone with a disc install would need to clone each sim in SimPE and re-make them in the basegame hood. This thread gives some discussion of someone hoping to achieve the same, and the reasons as to why it won't work:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....701#post5708701
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Feb 2022 at 7:53 PM
It would be quite easy to make a basegame clone of the lots, terrain and decorations of a neighourhood- someone with a disc install could use HoodReplace to make a basegame only copy. But it's not so easy to copy the sims, memories, relationships etc.; someone with a disc install would need to clone each sim in SimPE and re-make them in the basegame hood. This thread gives some discussion of someone hoping to achieve the same, and the reasons as to why it won't work:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....701#post5708701

Hmmm. So I'd have three possible options to achieve what I want-
1. Have someone with a non-UC install do all the programming work. This was my original idea, but you guys reminded me that I'd basically be forcing someone else to do most of the work... so probably not.
2. Download a copy of the game with just Nightlife and Open for Business installed. Apparently, there's an option to install the game pack-by-pack on the same site I got my UC copy, but this would probably force me to uninstall UC. This is probably what I'll have to do.
3. Obtain a standalone OFB executable, which should get AGS to work exactly how I want it to. My understanding is that, the problem with trying to use AGS on the Ultimate Collection is that it only has the Mansion and Garden variable- it has to include Mansion and Garden, otherwise there would be nothing to run on. Getting a standalone executable should fix the problem, and this would be the ideal situation for everyone involved- at least, if I'm understanding this problem correctly. I could just be talking out of my ass.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 10th Feb 2022 at 10:30 AM
What you should do is make your idea yourself, utilizing the tools in the game. You cite that your lots would be not that great but I don't this is the case. For example I always thought my lots were horrible, but upon sharing some images people seemingly fell in love with them. You really don't know how well of a creator you are until you have people say to you that they wish they had those (your own) lots in their game to play with. I say give it a chance. Now I'd be willing to help you out but I use CC and I also have the UC so I am not sure I can. Sorry in that. But I only wish to inspire you and let you know that you don't need others, you are good enough to do it yourself.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#22 Old 10th Feb 2022 at 1:37 PM
I don't know if this information will help you solve AGS issues with the UC at all, but throw it out there for what it's worth.

For the longest time people have said that AGS didn't work on game installations that had any compilation discs - Double Deluxe, Fun with Pets, any of that. But my Base Game and Night Life came on Double Deluxe, and I've always been able to use AGS - because I have two disc drives. The disc for the game I wish to run AGS on goes in one, the M&G disc in the other, and it works fine. AGS assigns an ID identifier to different set ups, and gets confused if one of them gets deleted, which leads to "oh no AGS wrecked my game" (it didn't; it just can't find it) situations.

Obviously, the UC doesn't run off disks. And I have no idea how any of this works at a technical level. But maybe there's a clue there.

(And I had next to no building skills when I made Widespot, but people like it anyway. It doesn't hurt my feelings when people tear down the houses or remake them into unrecognizability, though. If you build a lot, your building skills will improve; and you can also get useful feedback in the Creator Feedback forum.)

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#23 Old 10th Feb 2022 at 2:51 PM
I think you have the basegame exe there in Double Deluxe though, right? UC does not have an exe for the basegame, so there's nothing to run. Whether it would run if an exe was added would be the thing to test.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Feb 2022 at 2:04 AM
I think you have the basegame exe there in Double Deluxe though, right? UC does not have an exe for the basegame, so there's nothing to run. Whether it would run if an exe was added would be the thing to test.

I mean, if YOU'RE considering it, it seems my thought process wasn't as stupid as I feared! So... would anyone like to carry out this experiment, to see if it works?