Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"I'm Smarter Than You" for TF/TM *UPDATED* Defaults Added!

by alovingdiva Posted 16th Feb 2009 at 8:20 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 4:27 AM by alovingdiva

139 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 8:44 PM Last edited by fanseelamb : 16th Feb 2009 at 8:49 PM.
Ooh these are so nice, alovingdiva! I love 'em!

To get around that shared texture issue, you could make default-replacements a different way than usual. Instead of completely replacing the default texture, extract the teen uniforms' Material Definitions with SimPE, then point to your textures instead of to the Maxis textures. I recently did some default-replacements this way and it works like a charm. You'll probably need to do this for each teen texture that shares the mesh, but the child uniforms should be safe.

Here's an upload that you can examine in SimPE to see how it's done: Hysterical Paroxysm's Sundress as Maternity REPLACEMENT by gwillewyn

And here's a related tutorial that may help you work out what to do with the Material Definitions. It's not an exact method for doing default-replacements, but if you're familiar with SimPE and defaults it should help point you in the right direction: How To: Age Converstion Repository Clothing

If you need more help, feel free to PM me or start a thread in the Create forums and point me over there - that way other people can benefit from the discussion too.
Zombie Socks
#3 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 8:41 PM
Iloveyoupleasemarryme! These are so amazing! *cries in happiness*

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 8:47 PM
ASDFGAF I LOVE IT. do you think you'll try to make the defaults the way that fansee suggests? if you plan to try again i think i'll wait to download until you make them defaults.
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 9:10 PM
OMG i love these!!!! I can'T wait to have defaults of these in my game. Hope you get it to work soon
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 9:12 PM
Thank you, these will be great for storytelling . If you do manage to make them into defaults I'd love to have those as well!
Alchemist
#7 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 9:14 PM
Oh these are fantastic, I really hope defaults can be made out of them!

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Forum Resident
#8 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 9:26 PM
They look great. I hope you cen get the defualts to work, because they are soooo much better then the private school uniform Maxis made.
Inventor
#9 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 9:34 PM
Awesome, I've been waiting for these since seeing them on S2C. I hope you can figure out the defaults but if not no biggy, they are still awesome!!

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 9:42 PM
Eeee, so super cute. Thanks!

- Fishie
I live like a hermit in my own head.
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#11 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 9:44 PM
These are incredible!! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 10:57 PM
Very cool, very realistic! I lovee them. Thank you so very very much!
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 12:13 AM
These are great! I'll be watching to see if these get made into defaults; I hate the Maxis ones. =)
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 12:16 AM
Oh my! These are sooo great and cute! Thank you!

"Now I am become Death"
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 12:16 AM
These are just wonderful. I can never have enough sweatervests.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 2:14 AM
I love that the socks have a mesh, instead of being painted on the sims' legs. Very detailed and I can't wait to see how the defaults turn out if you try the tutorials
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 2:17 AM
When these are made default I will download!
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 4:05 AM
Wow very pretty! I can't wait to see your default ^^
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 4:31 AM
These are adorable!

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” George Bernard Shaw

My creations
Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 5:22 AM
I love them! Too bad my sims usually don't wear skirts
Field Researcher
#21 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 5:32 AM
Oh My GOD!!!! I am in love with them...alot...I already went on a huge dl spree but this is so worth the extra!! Really cute:D
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 6:22 AM
Finally!
I have been searching for a great teen uniform for ages - this may be the extra push I need to get my story done! *Cries in happiness*

Thank you so much :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
Ooh these are so nice, alovingdiva! I love 'em!

To get around that shared texture issue, you could make default-replacements a different way than usual. Instead of completely replacing the default texture, extract the teen uniforms' Material Definitions with SimPE, then point to your textures instead of to the Maxis textures........

Oh, THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU! I'll try this method as soon as possible, and I will definitely ask for your help if I have problems doing this. (Hopefully I won't.)

*NOTE TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO WANTS DEFAULT REPLACEMENTS*
They will be updated on this thread if all goes well (which I am pretty sure it will.) Please check back on this thread within the next couple of days to see if they have been uploaded yet. I will change the title to let you know for sure that the defaults have been added. And Thankyou again Fansee for the help ^.^
Field Researcher
#24 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 8:21 AM
NOOO! I was doing so well at not downloading clothing! Must. Resist. Can't, too nice!
Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 8:31 AM
These are gorgeous and I'm definitely hoping for defaults too! ^_^ Thanks for sharing.
Page 1 of 6