1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#28051 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 10:32 PM
How have ya'll calculated your sims lifespans in terms of when parents become elders? My adult sims are set to something like 60 days which I thought would be plenty, but they're due to become elders in a few days while their kids have only just become teenagers, and they didn't even have them late in life. Seems a little off for their parents to be elders already. I'd like them to hit elder around the time their kids become adults, or even a little ways into adulthood like 10-20 days. Guess I have to do some maths here.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28052 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
How have ya'll calculated your sims lifespans in terms of when parents become elders? My adult sims are set to something like 60 days which I thought would be plenty, but they're due to become elders in a few days while their kids have only just become teenagers, and they didn't even have them late in life. Seems a little off for their parents to be elders already. I'd like them to hit elder around the time their kids become adults, or even a little ways into adulthood like 10-20 days. Guess I have to do some maths here.

My life span is:
pregnancy 48 hours
Babies 2 days
Toddlers 8
Children 14
teens 10
YA 10
Adults 74
My sims can start having babies from YA (18 years old)

Maths isn't my thing but I think my adults have 19 more years once their eldest turns 18 if they had their eldest on the first day of adulthood. So more if they had their kids as young adults and less if they had their kids later on in life.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#28053 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 1:19 AM
Solution
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I think the lighter blue one as well as the darker blue one, though the green one would look striking next to the red skirt, being contrast colors.

Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Oh Mischief Managed I really don't know! I like all of them!

I'm just looking forward to meeting the Romanovs for myself when they come to Veronaville. Her Esteemed Grace the Grand Duchess Juliette Capp is looking forward to welcoming them too!

Thank you both. Well than I'll just do this the easy way since the blues are recolors I did and the green is Whattheskell's and already available I'll include the green with Maria/the romanovs and submit the blues in a seperate upload post since I want to submit an adult version anastasia's dress in case anybody ages her up and still wants that dress same with teen versions for Olga and Tatiana.

I probably will start the upload process tomorrow, because now I need more pictures plus I still have to package the sims
Mad Poster
#28054 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 4:28 PM
This is not a request for a mod: this is a request for a name or creator of a mod.

I have something that pauses the game on loading. I just can't figure out what it is to install it. Searching my folder of stored cc for 'pause' or 'load' isn't turning it up, so the name doesn't have one of those two words in it.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#28055 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 5:00 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 4th Sep 2021 at 10:22 PM.
Default Changing tooltip info?
I just downloaded these non-default faces. https://isbrealiomcaife.dreamwidth.org/11526.html I didn't know that was a thing before, but I'm having fun experimenting with them. These all show the same file name when I use debug in CAS. I would like to fix that, so I can tell which one I'm using and thin out the files for faster load. How do I change the tool tip that shows in CAS debug for a non-default face? I've looked in the file and they seem to have the right filenames in various places. Where is this tooltip info coming from?

When I have all the faces, they all have the same tooltip. I took out all of them except one, just to make sure I wasn't confusing files. Then it had no file name, but in SimPE, the Text string seems to be correct.

I messed around a bit and only succeeded in making the faces no longer show at all, other than Negrito. Then I discovered that the Negrito tooltip overrides tooltips for ALL non-default faces. Sigh.
Screenshots
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#28056 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 8:54 PM
Looking at the images, it looks like the line obj key is the only variable. The corresponding line in game might be objectgroupid, and each of the four I looked at all had the same value. Try hashing a new value for each? Then maybe the text list will show.
Mad Poster
#28057 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 10:07 PM
Does having the grow up aspiration on a teen+ actually corrupt the game? As in having to run hoodchecker and fix kind of corruption?

And in what way does it cause corruption?

My understanding has always been that it just messes up the want trees a little maybe I'm not really sure. But surely that's fixed once you change a sims aspiration?

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#28058 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 12:47 AM
There's no obvious reason it should cause corruption. If someone with an inappropriate age is dated, flirted, married, etc., I suppose it might create a problem in the SWAFs or the memories, depending on exactly how those are set up, but no data should be lost or created. Give them a proper aspiration and you should be fine.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#28059 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Does having the grow up aspiration on a teen+ actually corrupt the game? As in having to run hoodchecker and fix kind of corruption?

My understanding has always been that it just messes up the want trees a little maybe I'm not really sure. But surely that's fixed once you change a sims aspiration?

It doesn't cause corruption and most of the stuff that Hoodchecker fixes is not really anything I would call corruption, either. I wouldn't classify something as Sims 2 corruption if it is fixable at all, because anything that is fixable isn't a problem.
Scholar
#28060 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 2:22 AM
This question is for people with ACR in their game.

I have a hood that uses ACR and I was wondering what you guys do when townies start their own relationships with other townies. I don't know what to do if a playable of mine wants to marry a townie, especially if that townie has been romancing around with other townies. The scenario would repeat itself whenever a playable is interested in a townie. Imagine your playable gets happily married with a townie, and that townie suddenly rolls up the want to meet up with their townie lover! I know I can ignore those wants but not if I'm playing wants based play, lol. This is why I'm always thinking about making all my townies playable instead but wanted to see what others say first.

Thanks!
Alchemist
#28061 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 2:45 AM
There's a mod to break up with old loves that you could get. I want townies to live their own lives, so I don't do anything. But, I'm not strict about wants based play, since wants can be fleeting and contradictory, like in real life.
Mad Poster
#28062 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 3:17 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 5th Sep 2021 at 3:37 AM.
Fyren, what were we saying only a few days ago in another thread? Rules only exist to be broken!

Personally I think I'd talk to the ex-townie; possibly I might talk to all three Sims involved. I know they won't really answer you, but, with a bit of imagination, I feel I can get to what they're really thinking deep inside.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#28063 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
It doesn't cause corruption and most of the stuff that Hoodchecker fixes is not really anything I would call corruption, either. I wouldn't classify something as Sims 2 corruption if it is fixable at all, because anything that is fixable isn't a problem.

I've been browsing the Sims 2 reddit a lot lately and watching corruption YouTube videos, I feel like everyone is too quick to shout corruption at every little annoyance. The "Grow up aspiration causing corruption" is one I see often, but I've also seen it on here.

My personal understanding of corruption is something that needs to be fixed or it would cause other issues. Like stray bits of code attaching themselves places they shouldn't be. I was just wondering if a lack of aspiration would cause that I guess The games mechanics just kinda fascinate me.

Mad Poster
#28064 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5

I have a hood that uses ACR and I was wondering what you guys do when townies start their own relationships with other townies. I don't know what to do if a playable of mine wants to marry a townie, especially if that townie has been romancing around with other townies. The scenario would repeat itself whenever a playable is interested in a townie. Imagine your playable gets happily married with a townie, and that townie suddenly rolls up the want to meet up with their townie lover! I know I can ignore those wants but not if I'm playing wants based play, lol. This is why I'm always thinking about making all my townies playable instead but wanted to see what others say first.

Thanks!

If I want my playables to have committed romantic relationships with townies, I generally turn ACR autonomy off if I'm going to a community lot or a dorm. If I have a townie free hood, or if the townies are background color for playables, then ACR stays on. You know, you can sow your wild oats with whoever, but you will marry someone of the playable class so my hood doesn't grow too fast, little sim!

Scholar
#28065 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
There's a mod to break up with old loves that you could get. I want townies to live their own lives, so I don't do anything. But, I'm not strict about wants based play, since wants can be fleeting and contradictory, like in real life.

I have this one and also "Ask to just be friends" which are great. I've just noticed that Sims are more likely to roll the same want the more you fulfill it which is getting a tad bit boring. I'm tired of appreciating, entertaining and tickling a Sim over and over again, LOL.

Fyren, what were we saying only a few days ago in another thread? Rules only exist to be broken!

Guilty. I really can't seem to relax and break my own rules! Loosed up Fyren, sheesh.

Personally I think I'd talk to the ex-townie; possibly I might talk to all three Sims involved. I know they won't really answer you, but, with a bit of imagination, I feel I can get to what they're really thinking deep inside.

I do this quite often when I load a household, not sure why. I also follow random Sims on community lots to see what they're up to. The bubbles above their heads help to figure out what a Sim is thinking about too and gives some ideas for the future. I'm starting to believe omglo that Sims wants are kinda contradictory so I may loosen up wants based play in future. My Angela Pleasant for example is more interested in becoming an Athlete judging by her wants than a Fishing Boat Captain according to her bio. The same with Kristen Loste, she'd rather be a Lawyer than an Athlete! These Sims are worse than me when it comes to indecisiveness.

Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
If I want my playables to have committed romantic relationships with townies, I generally turn ACR autonomy off if I'm going to a community lot or a dorm. If I have a townie free hood, or if the townies are background color for playables, then ACR stays on.

I guess I could make a lot especially for the townies and turn ACR off for that lot, send my Sim and go "townie spouse hunting" So far in this particular hoods, townies are just sorta there. They interact and kiss all my playables, occasionally taking them into the photo booth but I've no clue what to do with them beyond that. It'd be a bit weird having my playables die of old age and their townie fling still living young and taking the playable's niece to the photo booth, LOL.

Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
You know, you can sow your wild oats with whoever, but you will marry someone of the playable class so my hood doesn't grow too fast, little sim!

This is exactly how I managed this in another hood but it got annoying having every townie get the "had 2+ loves at once" memory.
Sometimes I think someone needs to tell me "Suck it up Fyren! It's a game!!!!"
Scholar
#28066 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 6:15 PM
Generally, what I've been doing with the townies is if they develop a close relationship with one of my playables, they will age up and die along with the playable. I think one of the EPs allow you to do this, but I don't have that one, so I just use the Sim blender. I do this even for flings, because I remember them. After Daniel died, Mary-Sue had a fling with Komei Tellerman. That meant Komei had to be an elder to match her so I moved him into the retirement home and grew him up. She never called him again after that one time, but when she died, he got very upset (I saw him go into aspiration failure on a community lot), and the next time I was doing general clean-up tasks around the neighborhood, I went in the retirement home and had him die too.

As for rolling the same want, if my Sim is interacting with someone and gets stuck in that appreciate/entertain/tickle loop, I decide they are done with the conversation and have them go do something else or let them go on free will to see if ACR takes over. You don't have to be a slave to the wants, especially if they are repeating themselves. If none of their wants interest me, I either take care of their needs or let them free will for a while to see what they do. Sometimes, instead of following the wants, I just ask myself what someone would do in this situation. Like, if they invite someone over, they might go serve dinner because it's a supposed to be a dinner party--doesn't matter what they want. Or if their guest wants to play darts, they play darts too, to be polite. And if someone starts flirting with them, and they like them, then they most likely will flirt back, even if they don't have the want to flirt. I look at the wants more as inspiration than commands. Someone wakes up with a lot of romantic wants, then maybe they go hit the nightclub that night, see if they meet anyone interesting, because that's what is on their mind.
Scholar
#28067 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 8:34 PM
I grow up the children, teen and YA townies if my playables had a close connection with them but the story is kinda different for the adults. What I did in this particular hood with ACR: If a townie becomes close enough to a playable, for example, become a best friend, BFF, lover and so on, they become a playable themselves and join in the rotation. I've done this already with the Cordial sisters. I moved their best friend witches into their own castles. I've also done it with Crystal Vu. They were that much fun that I made the rest of the Strangetown townies (Meredith & Abhijeet) playable as well, as well as all of the Bluewater Village townies. Everyone had their own story and memories and I loved it. I believe this was the same time I asked if having no townies caused any issues, and besides getting errors if you use mods using the same code as adoption without having townies in the hood, it should be fine. I don't know what mods use the same code as adoption though so this shall be fun to discover!

Oh yeah, I do this. If I have a Sim that keeps rolling the same want over and over again I just leave them to do their own thing as I focus on the basic needs. When it comes to dates, if they keep rolling the same things during a date, I let them do what they want and they usually choose to meet new Sims or go to the bar... Or the photo booth. Lol.

Thank you everyone by the way, I appreciate it all & I'd like to apologize for my indecisiveness. :p
Mad Poster
#28068 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 10:02 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 5th Sep 2021 at 10:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5

Well I don't actually have ACR (so I suppose technically I shouldn't have replied to your post), but I can easily imagine myself in your situation. And I think I might not only have talked to the ex-townie, but I might have ended up apologising to them. Something like:

"Was XX really the love of your life?"
"And I split you up?"
"I'm very, very sorry."
And then, as much to myself as to them: "What are we going to do now?"

Over eight years ago I did something similar to Puck Summerdream. I still feel bad about it. And Puck is still confused. Of course Puck isn't a townie, but I was treating him like one. I wasn't playing the pre-mades. I was playing my own Sims. And I encouraged a gay Romance teen (David Cornton) to seduce Puck with the aid of a Christanlov Easy Bed. At the time I knew nothing of Puck's attachment to Hermia Capp. When I found out about it, I felt very, very guilty. I've tried to bring Puck and Hermia back together, but to this day Puck doesn't really know whether he's straight or gay. Even now Puck will steal a kiss with David when he thinks Hermia's not looking.

The lessons I learned from the affair:
To try to find out what my Sims think before adopting a course of action.
And to try to tread softly, lest I tread on their dreams.

Even without ACR, I've had a pair of townies fall in love with each other. They were fellow pupils at a Simlogical school. I'd really rather like to have more townies falling in love with each other, but I really don't want ACR.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28069 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 11:22 PM
but I really don't want ACR.

What I would like and probably you too Andrew, would be an ACR light. Something to make sims act a bit more but not as pushy as ACR.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#28070 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 4:30 PM
One possibility would be that if you consider making a townie playable because of a playable's attachment to them, make the townie selectable, or playable without getting committed to the playable in question, and see what they're up to for a bit before the possible wedding.

Top Secret Researcher
#28071 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
When you play a vanilla vacation hood with Maxis tourists, does the whole tourist family (four members) always show up together or do you get just some members of the family showing up? I'm developing a new method of making custom locals and townies, but I need to know what is normal for them in order to compare my tests.
No, they don't. I don't think I've ever had an entire Tourist Family claim a room, probably it's tied to the number of beds.

Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Someone remind me how to generate a tombstone/urn for a sim that is already deceased but doesn't have one, please. I created the sim already dead for story without going live in the game, but now I want an urn. I tried adding one into the inventory of the widow, but I cannot figure out how the game identifies the urn as belonging to one sim. It seems there is a place for it in the raw data, but the raw data is all set to zeros, not just in mine, but in examples I see in vanilla ST, too.... Anyway... how do I get an urn that is really the dead sim so that a ghost will spawn when the hood goes live without going live to create it, if possible? Does that make any sense to anyone?
It makes perfect sense, I respawn tombstones for all the non-corrupt premade ancestors that don't have a grave. I do it in game, with just the batbox and a teleporter.

Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12

It does not cause corruption but I roll an aspiration for them and set it using SimPE, otherwise they are not datable, I mean they reject all romantic interaction. The aspiration is vital to sims so they shouldn't be left without any or with the wrong one.
Top Secret Researcher
#28072 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 2:27 PM
By the way, I had a totally random question: about the Seasons Wishing Well.

My Legacy Household gets a new one each season, with every new Garden Club inspection, but it's kind of useless as, once a sim has used a well, he can then only «Drink» from it, as well as from all the other wells. There's like a global well clock now, whereas, before (?), unless I'm imagining things, you could use one well, then, while that one was not immediately available again, other wells on the lot where not affected.

Has some later EP changed this? Am I imagining things?
Mad Poster
#28073 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 9:54 PM
Quote:
It does not cause corruption but I roll an aspiration for them and set it using SimPE, otherwise they are not datable, I mean they reject all romantic interaction. The aspiration is vital to sims so they shouldn't be left without any or with the wrong one.

Hm, I was wondering how chemistry would work because I know its partly down to aspiration.

Also could make for an interesting sim to play lol. I left Marsha Bruenig as a grow up aspiration when she became a teen for a while, because I kinda saw her as very childish, it would make sense she would also reject romantic interactions. I ended up turning her into a knowledge sim in the end though and is dating a playable.

Top Secret Researcher
#28074 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
By the way, I had a totally random question: about the Seasons Wishing Well.

My Legacy Household gets a new one each season, with every new Garden Club inspection, but it's kind of useless as, once a sim has used a well, he can then only «Drink» from it, as well as from all the other wells. There's like a global well clock now, whereas, before (?), unless I'm imagining things, you could use one well, then, while that one was not immediately available again, other wells on the lot where not affected.

Has some later EP changed this? Am I imagining things?

You have to put the other wells in the catalog before wishing from one. Wells in the catalog won't be affected by the one used on the lot but any wells placed on the lot will only be drinkable as well (no pun intended) for half a day.
Here's more about it: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Wishing_well

After a while they become useless. But I had a well that was usable for years (real years) until it suddenly wasn't working.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Top Secret Researcher
#28075 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 11:14 AM Last edited by Lili975 : 8th Sep 2021 at 11:27 AM.
Hm, I never thought of that, removing the other wells before using one, thanks !
I still think I remember that you didn't have to do that before.

Edit: The Prima guide says I'm wrong though: «After a wish, the Wish interaction becomes unavailable on all wells on the lot for four hours

It also says: «Bad wishes are caused by using the same well too frequently. If a household has several wells, using another one soon after the first won’t cause a bad wish.»

And: «Having more than one wishing well is surprisingly useful. Because the wells fail only if you use one of them too often, having more than one means your Sims can go from well to well, making as many wishes as they have wells to wish upon. It’s your job, however, to keep track of which has been tapped recently because the consequences can be pretty dire.»

To sum up, it appears that all wells on the lot become unusable for 4 hours (can only drink), however the 24 hours rule (bad outcomes) only affects the well that was used to make a wish. I will test this further next chance I get.

Also, it says nothing about the wishing well becoming unusable. I also haven't ever had a wishing well stop working after some time, I believe the wiki is wrong there.
Page 1123 of 1345