Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#28476 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 4:39 PM
Other than that, I meant

I also happened to misclick on that while trying to click something else, and nothing happened. I exited to the nh just in case, but I still don't know what it's supposed to do.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#28477 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Crash the game.

Not funny, just mean.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#28478 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 3:00 AM
I wasn't trying to be funny, that's all it's ever done for me. :P
But I read somewhere that it was supposed to drop a log in the logs folder (and it's called dump happy log so it makes sense) but I haven't seen it personally. Just avoid it like a plague! (Okay that doesn't work anymore but you know...)

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28479 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 9:29 AM
Re: Dump Happy Log:
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Every social interaction has a debug accept / reject option that would have appeared if the Social Debug hadn't been disabled, like many other options on a sim's debug menu it doesn't do a thing anymore. 'Dump Happy Log' is another one...

https://modthesims.info/showthread....800#post5169800
Probably in some modded games, this option causes an illegal operation which makes the game crash.
Lab Assistant
#28480 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
How much memory is on your new laptop? Have you run any tests to see if perhaps the laptop has a bad memory stick?

I'm sorry for a late response. I ran a memory diagnostic test, and it didn't detect any issues. The processor is 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900H @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz and its RAM size is 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable). I guess it's too early for those issues to occur. I noticed that SimPE.exe is able to use at least 2.5GB after I applied the same fixes (4GB patch, etc.). It is only the game. I can't play more than 2 lots, and I can forget about loading a neighborhood like Paraiso en las Rocas.
Mad Poster
#28481 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 12:10 PM
Default Sudden Deteriation in Graphics Quality
I am somewhat concerned at a sudden deterioration in graphics quality in my game. It may be the whole computer that's affected, but it's most noticeable in the game. I first noticed it when I started up the game this morning. First thing I noticed was in CAS that everything was far too bright. Normally the CAS brightness issue only affects a few Body Shop CC meshes. Then I noticed that water was showing up wrong in Neighborhood View. The water level has risen and water is breaking up when I use the mouse to move around the 'hood. I think Lot View looks different (and poorer) too, but I haven't attempted to actually play.

I think things have got a bit brighter and more contrasty in Windows as a whole, but I may be imagining that. Turning brightness down on the display didn't fix the problems in the game (but I didn't think it would). I think this is most likely been caused by something updated by Windows Update, so the first thing I'll try is using Windows System Restore to return to a point when the graphics were working. I'm not sure what I'll do if that doesn't work. Best thing usually find is to ask here, because somebody always come to my aid.

A few weeks ago I must have clicked on something by mistake, and I got a message that Alienware was either installing or updating (I forget which). AFAIK Alienware is a Dell utility to automatically update drivers and things to play the latest games. Since The Sims 2 is the only computer game I play, I tried to stop or abort the install/update, but there was no way to do so. I think this is probably a red herring, as I think I've had the game running properly since then.

I haven't changed anything in my game or its settings myself, so I reckon it must be something external. Any ideas? And anyone else got the same problem?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28482 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 1:17 PM
@AndrewGloria Don't use Windows restore!
Instead look at your Graphics properties and find your advanced display settings, click on display adapter properties and then click Properties where it lists your graphics card. Driver tab> check the date, if it's been updated since the last time you played Sims then click the roll back button and restart the computer.
Mad Poster
#28483 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 4:32 PM
Thanks simsample!

I found the problem. I opened the NVIDIA Control Panel (right click on the desktop). I found that my game's exe (in my case Sims2SP4.exe) had somehow been removed from the list of available programs. I added it back in and told it to always use the NVIDIA graphics card for this program. I restarted the game and it is working properly again. I am very much relieved. I still suspect Windows Update as the culprit for it going wrong.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28484 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 4:34 PM
Oh good, glad you got it working @AndrewGloria !
Forum Resident
#28485 Old 27th Oct 2021 at 4:39 PM
Anybody know Poppet's policy on including CC?
Alchemist
#28486 Old 27th Oct 2021 at 11:45 PM
@Mischief Managed, see screenshot uploaded to this post.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#28487 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 12:42 AM
If two sims are married and one of them becomes an elder, can the elder throw a golden anniversary party, and does that count as a golden anniversary for the sim who is still an adult?
Top Secret Researcher
#28488 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 6:02 AM
I moved a previous unplayable YA into a greek house. Had a weird glitch I think where sims couldn't walk to lot or call a taxi, but that resolved itself when Hi returned from class and he could and took Ramin (the newbie) with him. Andy had also just graduated with a party and moved out if that matters. Also has the visual glitch where it looks like the grade bar isn't working but I know that's just visual. I forget how to fix it. I also noticed Ramin did his homework, like started it, all on his own. My stupid/random question - is that normal for sims to auto start their class assignments when they are playables? I don't know if I control my sims too much or if they don't want to do assignments but I can't remember seeing that before lol.

My Simblr
He/They
Inventor
#28489 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 6:18 AM
Is the Ultimate Collection 32-bit or 64-bit?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Field Researcher
#28490 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
I moved a previous unplayable YA into a greek house. Had a weird glitch I think where sims couldn't walk to lot or call a taxi, but that resolved itself when Hi returned from class and he could and took Ramin (the newbie) with him. Andy had also just graduated with a party and moved out if that matters. Also has the visual glitch where it looks like the grade bar isn't working but I know that's just visual. I forget how to fix it. I also noticed Ramin did his homework, like started it, all on his own. My stupid/random question - is that normal for sims to auto start their class assignments when they are playables? I don't know if I control my sims too much or if they don't want to do assignments but I can't remember seeing that before lol.
I remember throwing a big graduation party for one of my sims and finally wondered where his friend William was since I wanted to introduce him to someone. I finally found him, people dancing all around him, sitting at the kitchen table doing his homework. I don't know how frequently it happens, and I don't play much so can't really judge, but it definitely does.
Top Secret Researcher
#28491 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 6:34 AM Last edited by wickedjr89 : 28th Oct 2021 at 6:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by jain
I remember throwing a big graduation party for one of my sims and finally wondered where his friend William was since I wanted to introduce him to someone. I finally found him, people dancing all around him, sitting at the kitchen table doing his homework. I don't know how frequently it happens, and I don't play much so can't really judge, but it definitely does.

Thank you. It's possible i've forgotten or just haven't seen it. And that's what happened with Ramin lol. Hi was throwing his graduation party, and where is Ramin? Kitchen table, doing his homework, while the party is going on around him lol.

Edit: I also clicked on Nuke - Scenario Controller (+AWOL HM) in the chaos of trying to figure out why no one could go anywhere all of a sudden (combined with the visual glitch of the grade bar I freaked out). It did say it fixed 1 thing I believe. I think I should be ok? I played a bit after that. And ran hoodchecker. Just the usual stuff that it fixed right up.

My Simblr
He/They
Theorist
#28492 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
Is the Ultimate Collection 32-bit or 64-bit?
32-bit.
Mad Poster
#28493 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed

No, but I found Poppet when I downloaded a lot years ago with a link to her Squeaky Clean Floors and Walls.
I would assume then that linking to it is acceptable, and since her custom content is easy to find, that is what I would have done.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28494 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed

Poppet is fine to include.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#28495 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 3:59 PM
I understand some of the college NPCs can be playable (by moving in, etc) but it's a bad idea. As, the cheerleader - years later as a respectable lawyer - will just launch into a cheer...What about the lama and cow? If they are playable can you get them out of those costumes?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Theorist
#28496 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 4:20 PM Last edited by topp : 28th Oct 2021 at 7:46 PM.
I think that the mascot outfit and headgear are only available for YAs, so by growing up, they should be out of their outfits immediately. The good mascot will show similar behavior to the cheerleaders, and the evil mascot will continue to flirt inappropriately, be mean and pull pranks.
Top Secret Researcher
#28497 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 4:22 PM
Does making them playable cause corruption or is it just annoying with their behaviors?

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28498 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 4:30 PM
The mascots, cheerleaders, and streakers are perfectly playable and safe. The mascots retain their outfits as adults and will appear in them on community lots, even when they left home properly dressed, unless you get the NoAdultMascots mod. This mod does not affect streakers, who will continue to periodically go around in their altogether, so if you ever want to run a nudist colony, now you know how.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#28499 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 4:52 PM
Well now I want to make the streaker playable and am wondering who to hook her up with XD

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28500 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
Well now I want to make the streaker playable and am wondering who to hook her up with XD

Goopi. Goopi's always been a perv.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Page 1140 of 1345