Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#28501 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 7:31 PM
I thought once moved in, they would not be an NPC anymore and act like a normal sim. Huh. Never tried that before but now I'm intrigued.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#28502 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
If two sims are married and one of them becomes an elder, can the elder throw a golden anniversary party, and does that count as a golden anniversary for the sim who is still an adult?
I think they both have to be Elders before they can have a Golden Anniversary. The Fandom (formerly Wikia) Sims Wiki says "Golden Anniversary Party - This party can be thrown anytime after a couple who married/joined as adults both become elders; it's the same as a house party, but all guests show up in formal clothing."

I've never yet had a Golden Anniversary party in my game. I think it's time I did have one -- maybe Isabella and Patrizio.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#28503 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 9:21 PM
I have found a bunch of icons in my Icons folder, which do not show up when I'm choosing an icon for a customized collection. I don't even remember downloading these, so I think they've been there for a while. Needless to say, I have no idea who made them. Nonetheless I would LOVE to be able to use them, as I find that creating my own collections really speeds up the building process. So where should I have installed them? Does anyone know? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I assume the original creator didn't say, and I put them in "Icons" because it seemed like a reasonable guess.
Mad Poster
#28504 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The mascots, cheerleaders, and streakers are perfectly playable and safe. The mascots retain their outfits as adults and will appear in them on community lots, even when they left home properly dressed, unless you get the NoAdultMascots mod. This mod does not affect streakers, who will continue to periodically go around in their altogether, so if you ever want to run a nudist colony, now you know how.

So the streaker & the "mean" mascot (is that the lama?) perfect dysfunctional couple. And this college hood is Quadington - a custom hood of zombies, which even make new NPC's generate in the main hood as zombies.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#28505 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 11:08 PM
The cow mascot is the mean one. The llama is for the home team.
Mad Poster
#28506 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I thought once moved in, they would not be an NPC anymore and act like a normal sim. Huh. Never tried that before but now I'm intrigued.

I've made playable the mailman more than once in my neighborhoods. Right now he's in Arundel, as a medieval law enforcement officer. He's lonely but I blame him for telling those filthy jokes to the women!
But don't ever use the driver of any carpool become playable-as they have incomplete data, and will possibly corrupt your game.
Reference:https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...e_to_play_as%3F

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#28507 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I think they both have to be Elders before they can have a Golden Anniversary. The Fandom (formerly Wikia) Sims Wiki says "Golden Anniversary Party - This party can be thrown anytime after a couple who married/joined as adults both become elders; it's the same as a house party, but all guests show up in formal clothing."

That's been my experience, sort of. Sims can throw an anniversary party if they're an elder but their spouse isn't, but the LTW doesn't fulfill unless they both are elders. So no golden anniversary unless they're both elders, I guess. And, iirc, they don't get an anniversary party memory unless they're both elders, too. But that one I'm less sure about. I've definitely remember about the LTW, though, because I've tried a couple of times to see if I could get it when only one was an elder, but it didn't work.

Quote: Originally posted by Pideli

They act normal for the most part, but the cow/llama/cheerleader/streaker definitely retain a lot of their NPC qualities, like Peni said. I do recommend No Adult Mascots, though, because the cheerleader has a glitch, where instead of showing up in her cheerleader uniform, she shows up in the llama costume. It gets annoying after a while. I don't think I'd mind so much if it was the right outfit anyway.

And FranH, I used to think so too about drivers, but I remember when I asked Chris Hatch about that (because he'd made some npc summoners), he said that any sim that has a real character file (like the driver) is safe to interact with. So perhaps, it's not that they're not safe, but that they lack proper pie menu functions? Idk.

(Start of this conversation is here, for context.)

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#28508 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 2:55 AM
I downloaded a sim from yuxi’s old archive. It came with two photos, one standing and one a closeup. The hair wasn't the same in the two photos, so I thought, ok, one of the two will be in the simspack. Neither was, but again, no big deal, the photos must have been taken with something else. However, the sim is wearing an outfit that does not show up in the simspack. There are no clothes at all in the simspack. It is not a Maxis outfit. I have a few defaults but did not recognize it. I really like it so would remember if I had it. I removed my defaults to see if that was the problem. No. When scrolling through my list of clothing in either CAS or Bodyshop, there is nothing like that outfit, yet there he is, standing there wearing it. I exited, deleted the cache, tried again. Nothing changed. I don’t know if it’s an outfit, a top and a bottom, outerwear, or what. He’s wearing a trench coat on top of the outfit which may mean it’s a coat, or it may be an accessory since I have one like that. I don’t know.

What’s going on? How could he be wearing something anonymous?
Mad Poster
#28509 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 3:06 AM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 29th Oct 2021 at 3:21 AM.
In CAS, with the testingcheats activated, hit N. This will unlock "hidden" content not normally available in CAS, such as the alien skintone, various NPC outfits, etc. Can you find it now?

I understand that there are a small handful of everyday outfits (a "You Are Here" T-shirt showing the Milky Way, for example, which I have seen exactly once and wasn't able to retain because the sim it popped up on was destined to be aged down to teenhood and there were never any adults living on that lot) that only pop up randomly on sims in CAS. I don't know whether they're unlocked with the N cheat. If this is one of them, if you save the downloaded sim with it on, it should then be available from the wardrobe. No, I have no idea what's up with these.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#28510 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 3:17 AM
In CAS, with the testingcheats activated, hit N. This will unlock "hidden" content not normally available in CAS, such as the alien skintone, various NPC outfits, etc. Can you find it now?

I understand that there are a small handful of everyday outfits (a "You Are Here" T-shirt showing the Milky Way, for example, which I have seen exactly once and wasn't able to retain because the sim it popped up on was destined to be aged down to teenhood and there were never any adults living on that lot) that only pop up randomly on sims in CAS. I don't they're unlocked with the N cheat. If this is one of them, if you save the downloaded sim with it on, it should then be available from the wardrobe. No, I have no idea what's up with these.
I'll give it a try tomorrow, thanks. I did save the sim in Bodyshop though, packaged him and went back to see if anything had changed. He was still there wearing the same outfit, but the outfit still wasn't visible anywhere but on him. I'll look for it in CAS. I'd definitely like to keep it and use it if I can break it loose. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#28511 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 4:22 AM
Question about aging up and down and potential problems.
My game is now set up so that teens become adults on the 18th birthday. However, when it comes to university, based on rotations, I think they will become young adults between 17 and 21.
So, if they are 19 and not yet gone to university, do I:
A) Age them to adult at 18. Then cheat them back to a teen to send them to university.
B) Keep them a teen until they go to university.

My preference is for A, but is aging them back to a teen going to cause them issues?
Mad Poster
#28512 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 4:25 AM
If you're going to age sims backwards, you should age them to the stage just before the one you want, and then age them up. That way all their data gets set correctly.
Mad Poster
#28513 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 4:33 AM
Keep it as simple for yourself as you can, and keep them teen. You can turn aging off on their X number of days before you're ready to send them to college, based on the age when you want them to go. Does elixir work on teens? You could save your game and try that.

Bear in mind that some people go to college a little earlier or later than others.

Personally, I don't keep track of individual sim ages (too! Much! Work!), but when their lifebar says they are two days from adult, I have them throw an off-to-college party, and send them at some convenient point between the end of their party and ending their rotation at dawn. This works because of my one-day rotation playstyle - I check my teen's ages when I open the lot in the morning, and if there's a two there I know it's off-to-college day and don't have time to lose track of it. Such a system might be easier to lose track of for players who play longer sessions in the same household. The main thing is to make it as easy on yourself as you can.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#28514 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 5:56 AM
I played the nerdists today and at first I locked Cliff's want to "get fit" knowing his one true hobby is fitness, but at some point I realized his fitness bar is already full so I thought it was a want that didn't roll away for some reason, so I used the bat box to reroll the wants but I had taken a picture because of my simblr and going through my pictures, I noticed it doesn't KNOW he's fit. I hadn't paid attention to the fit/neutral/fat people next to the bar. Do I need to worry or is this just a random glitch? I've heard of it but forgot.

Edit: I went back in game because I thought I remembered the "sound" and was confused, sure enough it had fixed itself. Wish I hadn't rerolled . He also got his arm stuck earlier today but "force error" on him fixed that.
Screenshots

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#28515 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 6:18 PM Last edited by jain : 29th Oct 2021 at 11:02 PM.
I opened the locked clothing in CAS and found the outfit way back with the base game clothes. It's called ambodycasualtrenchcoatboots, or something pretty close to that. I've never heard of it or seen it before.

ETA: At first I didn't think it would show up as an option in a wardrobe unless the sim was originally dressed in it in CAS. However, checking again, it's there, all the way at the end, for another sim on another lot. Thank you so much for your help!
Mad Poster
#28516 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 6:45 PM
That Milky Way shirt sounds new to me. Can't remember having seen it ingame or in the game files.
Mad Poster
#28517 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 10:18 PM
I have a question related to Mootilda's HoodChecker:
In the results of scanning the game, there are 5 instances of
"Sim has no character file:0x00b SimID=0x00034" (this is an example of the readout, not the actual line)

Is there any way to clean these lines up? Or just let them go as is?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#28518 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 10:55 PM
If I recall correctly they are the package sims, Grim the Drivers, the RC car etc. they are supposed to be there. more will be added if you add custom npcs like beck's farm animals, the rollercoaster npc etc I have thirteen when I check Hoddchecker on my main game.
Mad Poster
#28519 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I have a question related to Mootilda's HoodChecker:
In the results of scanning the game, there are 5 instances of
"Sim has no character file:0x00b SimID=0x00034" (this is an example of the readout, not the actual line)

Is there any way to clean these lines up? Or just let them go as is?
Do you have a multi-Pollination Technician hack? I think I've heard that they have no character data. In which case leave them alone.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#28520 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 11:29 PM
I have like 9 of those because I have a multi-PT mod and a multi-ideal plantsim mod.

My Simblr
He/They
Alchemist
#28521 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 11:29 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 29th Oct 2021 at 11:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Do you have a multi-Pollination Technician hack? I think I've heard that they have no character data. In which case leave them alone.

I think I read somewhere that you can put that hack [EDIT correction: copy the character files from the hack] into the character folder, then HC won't have a problem with it. Maybe someone can confirm? EDIT: Here's where I read it. https://modthesims.info/t/588144

NEW QUESTION:
I have been trying all day to fix the broken face of a premade sim. I know MeetMe did it in fixed templates, but I can't find any exact steps. I have tried cloning the guy with Argon's fix in and I think the clone is fixed at that point (he ages up and down ok) but doing surgery on the premade with the clone and/or replacing the facial structure of the premade with that of the clone does not seem to work. I'm sure I'm missing something. Can someone tell me exactly which steps to take, please?
Forum Resident
#28522 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 11:33 PM
Is there any way to change the family portrait in the family lot's loading screen? I think it's tied to a thumbnail in storytelling and the thumbnail is created when a family or sim is made. I can pose them to have arms at their sides with no funny business and make a thumb that way I just wondered if you could replace the loading screen family portrait with your own poses?
Mad Poster
#28523 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 11:38 PM
You don't put the multi-PT hack in the Characters folder, you put the character files there, if you want to do that. Also, if you do that, you have to put them in the Characters folder of every neighborhood you've loaded with them installed, or else it's like deleting character files from the neighborhood. But it doesn't matter if you do that or not, the character files still exist even if they're just in your downloads folder.

Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
Is there any way to change the family portrait in the family lot's loading screen? I think it's tied to a thumbnail in storytelling and the thumbnail is created when a family or sim is made. I can pose them to have arms at their sides with no funny business and make a thumb that way I just wondered if you could replace the loading screen family portrait with your own poses?

They're in the package that's in the Thumbnails folder in your neighborhood folder, I suppose you could replace the images there with your own and mark the package as read-only, but then the game would be unable to generate new images for new families.
Top Secret Researcher
#28524 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 12:37 AM
Ugh, my sim was waiting for the taxi to show up for a date and the box had just come up for me to select a place for it when BOOM the power went out! At first I freaked thinking "oh no off-world loiter - because phone to call the date - combined with it saves when they leave the lot and thought the power outage just corrupted my new game that took forever to finally set up" but then I realized she wasn't ON the phone anymore, but I still don't know if I should go in game as is or if I should take out the N002 folder and replace with last night's because I save a backup after every play session, but also when does it save? During the loading screen to a new lot? If so it wouldn't have saved yet ... please help! What do I do?

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28525 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 12:40 AM
Even if there are off-world loiterers, they're a completely normal part of the game and don't cause corruption. Also, if your game quit without saving obviously nothing you did that play session even matters.
Page 1141 of 1347