Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fixed Nyx's Enhanced Aliens v1.5

by LowMotivesWarning Posted 23rd Dec 2021 at 12:00 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2022 at 10:53 PM by GOOD_BOYgoneBAD

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 2nd Apr 2022 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bob1
Hello, so I accidentally gave myself the "Enhanced Alien Powers" reward trait, is there any way to remove it with a cheat or a mod?

you can delete it with mccc or ui cheats extension
Test Subject
#27 Old 8th Apr 2022 at 5:50 AM
Does this mod no longer work?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 1:04 AM
Is this mod ok for the update?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 1:31 PM
Instructor
#30 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ezeliastarpuff
Is this mod ok for the update?

Works for me !
Test Subject
#31 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 7:26 AM
This still being kept up to date?
Test Subject
#32 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 12:21 AM
Does this mod still work? It's not working for me. I can't find the enhance alien trait in the rewards store.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 10:09 AM
Not sure if this is working with the update, but I can say by process of elimination that it is breaking the new wants and fears system. They don't show with this installed. Have tested without other mods.
Test Subject
#34 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by _xKindredxSoulsx_
Not sure if this is working with the update, but I can say by process of elimination that it is breaking the new wants and fears system. They don't show with this installed. Have tested without other mods.

Oh ok ! So it was this mod. I was trying to figure out what is happening with wants. Since I've numerous mods, it was a pain to check them ^^' Thanks a lot !

I hoped the mod functiunning too, alas... Still, it's a great mod.
Test Subject
#35 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 7:46 PM
Does anyone know if there's an updated version of this for the wants and fears updates?
Test Subject
#36 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 10:23 PM
After using the 50/50 mod checking method and having this literally be the 2nd to last mod I removed, along with many others in the comments I can confirm it's somehow messing with the wants and fears update. It prevents them from showing up which is causing my sims to have endless meltdowns because I can't fulfill any of their wants.
Test Subject
#37 Old 1st Oct 2022 at 3:05 PM
Hi. I was recommended this mod and was look forward to it, but sadly it didn't do anything but hide/get rid of the Whims/Fears. Will there be an update soon?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 10:56 AM
Very outdated
Instructor
#39 Old 19th Dec 2022 at 1:01 AM
Hi! Same issue for the wants and fear, i should do a 50|50 check up to find it. Do you intended to update it ?
Test Subject
#40 Old 17th Mar 2023 at 11:35 PM
Will this be updated for the infant update? Thanks!
Test Subject
#41 Old 22nd Jun 2023 at 2:39 AM Last edited by SweetSimmer : 22nd Jun 2023 at 5:41 PM.
Attempted Hotfix
EDIT: 06/22/2023 - PLEASE REDOWNLOAD THIS NEW FILE IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED IT PRIOR TO THIS DATE

> Added updates that I forgot to explain before
> Various bug fixes and code tweak. Mod should work even better now

SO! Basically I ended up picking up GTW and I wanted to mess around with aliens. I've seen and heard that they got cut short from the occult pool (much like mermaids) so I though "no big deal. A modder probably made them more fun to play.

Good news: Someone did!
Bad news: It broke.

After browsing this thread for a bit it seemed that LowMotivesWarning did a great job of fixing up the files Nyx originally left us so I'd like to thank them very much! Though it has since broken with the infant patch and considering there's been 0 activity from Low for over a year I doubt they'll take the project up again (though if you're out there reading this and up to the task, I'm sure myself and many others here would appreciate it). That and technically the files are free to edit as far as I'm understanding from Neil's website.

Which brings us to now. Considering you haven't already skipped to the download link or the TL'DR I'm here to announce that I have made an attempt at updating this mod to the best of my abilities. I am by no means an advanced modder nor am I claiming any of these files as my own. I'm simply a fellow member of the community who enjoys some good occult gameplay. So I'm leaving the edited package file for anyone willing to risk their game files for better aliens.

What I have Changed

> Removed the Enhanced alien trait from the traits store and added its perks to the base Occult Alien Trait directly - I suspect this is what was causing wants and fears to be broken as well as making things more complicated that it's worth. Now all aliens should be able to do all interactions without applying the trait (Untested for half aliens, fake aliens, and the like). Wants and fears should fire as normal

> Made Motives Decrease again - For some reason the bladder and energy motives were set to never decrease which seemed unchallenging from a gameplay standpoint. I mean it's literally a game based around keeping your characters in good health. As such I made them lower overtime like a regular sim (sorry if you liked that feature). I also made the decay rate for the brain power motive decrease ever so slightly slower than before

> Adjusted Sleeping Pod Recovery Rates - The sleeping pods from get famous now restore more Brain Power than napping or sleeping in a regular bed. Nap, Sleep, and Subliminal Slumber each give increased Brain Power gain in that order (Subliminal being the fastest) I figured it would be cute considering it's a futuristic pod so it would remind the alien of home thus getting it a better brain rest than a normal sim bed

> Lowered cooldown for Recover Brain Power - Low's original interaction took around 2 hours to complete which seemed a tad long to me even thought you could cancel it. I have since reduced it to take about 15-30 sim minutes instead, while still having the option to cancel it

> Various Restore Tweeks - A lot of interactions caused the brain power bar to fill up instantaneously when preformed (sleeping, napping, and so on). From a gameplay perspective having a need fill whenever just like that seemed boring so I made it so they recover slowly over the course of the interaction instead

> Fixed Recover Brain Power Interaction - Before the alien would kneel as scripted but it would not replenish the brain power var. Now aliens should slowly gain brain power from doing such overtime. The gain is slightly that more than the basic sleep/nap/etc interactions and slightly less than the sleeping pod nap interaction

> Fixed Energy failure to now Increase Brain Power Motive - Much like when sims gain a little bit of energy after passing out, I made it so the same happens with aliens and their brain power

> NEW Changed the Colour of the Brain Power Bar from Green to Blue - Probably my favourite change so far of my own doing. Now the Brain Power Bar will appear as a nice cyan as opposed to the basic green much like how with vampires its purple. Just a little extra flair to differentiate them and give them a proper standing as occults~

Known Bugs

> FIXED Sometimes the napping/sleeping/restoring interactions have a delay when filling the brain power bar or stopping the delay (if you cancel the action early)
Interactions should now raise and stop the bar as normal

> Upon starting my game a Last Exception does prompt about the now removed whims tracker...I've tried to update this but nothing works and adding it is what causes the new wants to disappear. It doesn't seem to break anything gamewise and after some research it seems to be an error on EA's part with tuning so this seems to be unfixable. Though between a slightly annoying notification you can click away and having no wants at all, I see this as the best outcome for now
UPDATE: Apperently some of my sims were causing this LE directly. I had since deleted the problematic sims and tried again and no LE appeared so it is possible this is fixed but I wont label it as such just to be weary

> Two alien pie menus show when self clicking. One contains the mod interactions and the other contains the EA ones. Shouldn't cause issues

NOTE: I have not changed the buff files so just install the original from Low alongside this package. You probably also need the xml injector

I literally found this mod today (06/21/23 for reference) and spent a few hours trying my best to get it stable so I apologize if things do go wrong or are not up to standard. INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK AND backup YOUR SAVES! I'm not claiming responsibility for broken games for essentially a hotfix on an already dead mod. Maybe someone else can fix my file or fully restore this mod to its prior glory. Until then I hope this will suffice. Happy occult simming simmers

TL;DR

I managed to make the mod relatively stable. Kind of works now. Here's the file, try it at your own risk.

You can find updates here on my Patreon (free of course) since I'm more active there and already decided to make a proper post about it
Attached files:
File Type: zip  [SweetSimmer] - Enhanced Aliens_Hotfix.zip (239.6 KB, 180 downloads)
Test Subject
#42 Old 22nd Jun 2023 at 4:34 PM
Default Tried to Update
Quote: Originally posted by Memolia
Will this be updated for the infant update? Thanks!

Since you were the most recent commenter I thought I should @ you and direct you to my comment above. (And also so all my hard work wont disappear into the abyss, lol jkjk). Basically the mod should be more stable now. Refer to my comment for the files and more info

cheers
Instructor
THANKS POST
#43 Old 25th Jul 2023 at 8:09 PM
Wow SweetSimmer,thank you for the update!!!

Is it ok with 1.99 version horse ranch ?

I really like the blue color for the motive very nice and alienly!
(and your other mods are so sweet, i just find them on your patreon)

Hope you will continue!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 2nd Aug 2023 at 12:09 AM
Just an ask, I see other aliens having sleep deprivation (roommate alien) and there is no auto-remedy for the Brain Power or any autonomous for non-controlled Sims to actually recharge, any thought into adding that so they know "Brain Power low, take nap".

GuruSR.
Test Subject
#45 Old 4th Aug 2023 at 5:45 AM
Hmm, today, noticing the Alien sims (roommate and player driven) are both using the washroom and getting tired (and sleeping a TON), but I don't see either of those two levels listed. Any suggestions on how to fix that?

GuruSR.
Test Subject
#46 Old 4th Aug 2023 at 7:02 AM
Default Thanks! And No problem!
Quote: Originally posted by tipoual
Wow SweetSimmer,thank you for the update!!!

Is it ok with 1.99 version horse ranch ?

I really like the blue color for the motive very nice and alienly!
(and your other mods are so sweet, i just find them on your patreon)

Hope you will continue!

Omg thank you so much! It means so much to me when people check out my janky mods lol. I hope they're all still working well-

I too especially loved the blue motive. My first time changing motive colour as well so pretty proud of myself even though it's a minor change haha

Regarding the alien mod...If Im being honest I haven't played the game in depth in a while (busy updating my own mods folder lol) but I dont see why the aliens should have broken? Typically EA doesnt touch occults after their pack and if they do it's minor stuff so occult mods are usually fine with parches. If any bugs pop up Ill try to fix if I have the time and jf anyone is willing to test and let me know Id be glad for that too.
Instructor
#47 Old 4th Aug 2023 at 1:10 PM
Hi!

We have a notice that is broken here

Broken Mods
Nyx's Enhanced Aliens (update by SweetSimmer) - issues with Infants and aging (Note: Since badinuhaine's update also predates Infants, I'm pulling that from the suggested options list for now

See in page 11

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...ranch-patch/p11

🫶please if you still can update it, it’s one of y favorite mods so far, Aliens are boring without it !

And also, continue modding
Test Subject
#48 Old 7th Dec 2023 at 6:54 AM
Hi, sorry, will this mod be updated soon? I love how much more fun this makes aliens and would hate to not be able to use it! Thank you for all your hard work!
Page 2 of 2