Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Generic Retail Register - With New Features (holiday pay, request time of work, assign duties)

by PJSims Posted 30th Jan 2022 at 4:50 PM - Updated 26th Sep 2023 at 10:01 PM by PJSims

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 4:58 PM
Oh this will be so over-used! I have a lot of idle sims that need to be worked! Thanks, phoebejaysims, you're really giving us some great mods!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Oh this will be so over-used! I have a lot of idle sims that need to be worked! Thanks, phoebejaysims, you're really giving us some great mods!

Woo! Thank you! :D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 6:11 PM
Back at it again, already? I haven't even tried out the postal mod yet, lol!! This is brilliant and very much needed; thank you so much - you're really spoiling us
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Back at it again, already? I haven't even tried out the postal mod yet, lol!! This is brilliant and very much needed; thank you so much - you're really spoiling us

Lol! I decided to upload everything at once haha! Thank you and please enjoy! :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 2:23 AM
Awesome, thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsmidgen
Awesome, thank you!

You're very welcome! :D
Inventor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 12:35 PM
Thank you so much! I had been looking for something like this for a long time.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 3:36 PM
Great job on this and the Postal mod! Thanks! :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#10 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 4:53 PM
You are on fire with your mods, Phoebejay! This one will take me a little while to get accustomed to but thanks to @desiree101 and her recent blog posts covering the mod, I have a good idea of which sims could work the register in my fav save. Thanks for this game-changing gem!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 5:20 PM
Great mod - thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissPat
You are on fire with your mods, Phoebejay! This one will take me a little while to get accustomed to but thanks to @desiree101 and her recent blog posts covering the mod, I have a good idea of which sims could work the register in my fav save. Thanks for this game-changing gem!

Thank you! I hope it works well in your game!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 7:44 AM
This mod is such a neat, useful idea. Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 8:50 AM
so they don´t get paid or?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimKelly
so they don´t get paid or?

In the description:

Customise their role
Choose any (or no) sim to own the register
Hire a sim of your choice
Choose their hours, their days off, how much they'll get paid, and whether or not the register should make sure they don't slack off!
If strict tending is disabled, once you direct them to do anything else, the register won't call them back.
If strict tending is enabled, you can still direct them to do other things but the register will call them back afterwards.
Please note: they are only paid for the hours spent at the till! Use that information as you wish!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 7:39 PM
Amazing!

Just wondering- has a mod for adding NPC functions to store cooking equipment been considered yet? I.e. the Monte Vista Pizza Oven, or the Teppanyaki Grill?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Batsheba
In the description:

Customise their role
Choose any (or no) sim to own the register
Hire a sim of your choice
Choose their hours, their days off, how much they'll get paid, and whether or not the register should make sure they don't slack off!
If strict tending is disabled, once you direct them to do anything else, the register won't call them back.
If strict tending is enabled, you can still direct them to do other things but the register will call them back afterwards.
Please note: they are only paid for the hours spent at the till! Use that information as you wish!

Thank you <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Amazing!

Just wondering- has a mod for adding NPC functions to store cooking equipment been considered yet? I.e. the Monte Vista Pizza Oven, or the Teppanyaki Grill?

Hmm... that sounds quite interesting. I hadn't thought of that really. I'm such a new modder that I tried to stay away from anything to do with NPC roles etc. I managed to avoid that with this mod. I know Arsil's Professional massage table has a similar sort of functionality to what you mentioned. I don't see why that couldn't be adapted to the Pizza Oven or Grill, though it might be difficult to put restrictions on when to cook food, and when not to.

I'm not sure I'm quite up to tackling that one yet, however I'll add it to the list of things to look into! Maybe I'll have a go if someone else doesn't beat me to it!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 26th Feb 2022 at 5:03 PM
Get paid without standing at Register?
Is there a way that my Sims will get paid per hour no matter what? It would be nice to roleplay as our own job (aka, a Librarian), but I don't want my Sim to be at the register all the time.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 27th Feb 2022 at 1:14 AM
This is amazing!!! Thank you so much! Don't suppose a computer version is in the works for office workers? Maybe? Thanks again, great stuff!
Scholar
#21 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 1:56 PM Last edited by desiree101 : 1st Sep 2023 at 4:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Inzaghi
This is amazing!!! Thank you so much! Don't suppose a computer version is in the works for office workers? Maybe? Thanks again, great stuff!

I used the Transmorgrifier mod (by Icarusallsorts) to copy the script to a computer. It works very well

Tumblr: desiree-uk
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerZozo
Is there a way that my Sims will get paid per hour no matter what? It would be nice to roleplay as our own job (aka, a Librarian), but I don't want my Sim to be at the register all the time.

Months later... but I've updated the mod so you can do that now!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 29th Sep 2023 at 4:57 AM
When I use this mod, is the motivation of inactive sims completely disabled? When the motivation of active sims is too low, do they take care of themselves?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 28th Oct 2023 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HKnowles
When I use this mod, is the motivation of inactive sims completely disabled? When the motivation of active sims is too low, do they take care of themselves?

Yes, the motives of inactive sims are frozen. Only the energy motive will decrease! So you don't have to worry about inactive sims when they are tied to the register