Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 7:34 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 11th Feb 2014 at 4:58 AM.
Disaster epidemic
Sorry if this turns out wrong, its my first challenge/thread. :D
its a little like the apocalypse challenge, and based off a book i read a few years back.

Anyway, this is the scenario
two days ago, a strange disease struck planet earth, lethal and deadly, killing everyone suspectable to the disease. Strangely though, only those under eighteen have survived. But much knowledge has been lost, food shortages everywhere, and most technology rendered useless. a world where only the strong survive.

make:
-two teenagers, one of each gender.
-one child,
-one toddler.
these will all be related to each other. all sims are controllable
oh, and make some parents, but kill them as soon as you start.

staert on a normal lot, with a house, design it whatever way you like, as long as you follow the restricions

Objective?
survive.
all the characters MUST survive to become adults, if not you lose.
computers, mp3 players, tvs, cellphones, can not be used throughout the game.
if you have University, don't send any sims to university.

rules/restrictions

-sims cannot be sent to school unless they have five or more body points. this is because gangs control the streets and will attack unless you are strong enough to beat them up.
-plumbing cant be used unless a sim maxes out their mechanical skill, and learns to fix stuff.
-any sim that "grows up" to an adult MUST be killed...because of the disease.
UNLESS...a teenager enters the science career, and rise to the top of their teen job.
-after dark, everyone MUST come inside, for safety reasons.
-sims cant make friends when they become a teenager, then they have other things to worry about, like surviving.
-only ONE meal can be served a day, because of food shortages.
-no pets can be kept.
-thats all i can think of right now, i'll post more later.

the challenge ends when all sims become adults.

tell me what you think!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 1:24 PM
*claps* Good! I will try it once my Uncle 'Fixes' (or destroys) my computer :D
wait, can they be... Non humans?

CRABS ARE OUR FRIENDS
-----------------------------
Please, call me mo.
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 1:26 PM

CRABS ARE OUR FRIENDS
-----------------------------
Please, call me mo.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:37 PM
yeah, they can be anything...as long as the ages are right.
Instructor
#5 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 3:59 AM
This one sounds fun! But... I have a question: do all your teens have to max out the science career in order for you to beat the challenge? Because you said the goal is to have them all survive to adulthood... but also that you have to kill them off when they become adults. Or is that okay as long as all four make it from their start ages to adult?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 3:42 PM
katalina522- no, only one has to, so if the first teen reaches the top of their science job, then all of them will survive, as long as that teen keeps that career
Instructor
#8 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 9:31 PM
yes, you need to download a hack to keep the social worker from coming. there might be one of those on here, but I got mine from SimLogical:

http://simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Childcare.htm

Also, if you don't want all the kids to be related, just make a parent and one kid, then use the tombstone of life & death to spawn the other three kids. and then kill off the adult.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 9:55 PM
its like I am legend: Reloaded.
=]

I like it!

-starts the sims-
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 1:49 PM
sounds awesome- apocalypse-ish, but shorter. presumably, as teens can make no friends, you are going to rely on the child to make friends, then when it grows up you try and get it on to the science career? and keeping both children with one meal a day will be hard, but I like a challenge!
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kissy_clare
wont the social worker just take the kids away as soon as the parents die?

I was thinking the same thing too.. the social worker would come if the kids are not in bad grades, and low on food
Instructor
#12 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 4:16 AM
Ooof, this is hard. I was doing decently well, and then my oldest teen got fired from the science track four days from adulthood... then the toilet *and* the sink broke... so, yeah. FAIL. But it was fun, will definitely be trying again.

Also makes you realize just how messed up the aging is, when all four can still be teens at the same time!

Having played through till I had to kill them all off, I have a couple questions regarding 'loopholes' in the challenge:

1) Are birthday cakes allowed at age transitions? (since they have tons of servings and can be stored in your inventory for later)
2) Are reward objects allowed? (since they can boost all your stats, make you skill faster, etc.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 11:04 PM
yeah, bday cakes are allowed
ummm...yes, i think reward objects are allowed, but it's ur choice
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 11:27 PM
how do you get them not to go to school?

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane. - Anymonuse
Site Helper
#15 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 11:51 PM
You can get the institution sign from simlogical to stop the bus.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#16 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 5:07 AM
or just take away the door.

thanks for the answers, bobby! i'm going to try again next weekend and see if i beat it this time.
Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 1:39 PM
I'm gonna try this. BTW, is this based on Fire-Us?

Goopy GilsCarbo is MINE!!!!!http://www.zooreka.com/photo-381493
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 9:28 PM
Wait, no plumbing...does that mean you can't start with a toilet/bath/sink? They just get stinky and go on the floor until mechanicals maxed out?
Instructor
#19 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 4:45 AM
Well, there are alternatives... I don't know if they're all legal though. (e.g. the 'pee anywhere' hacks, or the bucket-as-toilet) But yes, your simmies have to suffer, basically. Makes you think very carefully about strategy.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 5:35 AM
They won't be taken away if there a teen with the kids. Although the kids will have to go to school because they will be taken away (Teens obivously not)
Field Researcher
#21 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Momosama
I'm gonna try this. BTW, is this based on Fire-Us?

hmm, i was thinking it was based on the sequel to Life as we knew it. I haven't actually read it but i read the first one

Happiness is a direction, not a place
Theorist
#22 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 11:34 PM
No I think it's The Comets Curse

Hi I'm Paul!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 6:54 AM
ok, i'm going to try this one on my next sim day, and if i can do it without downloading another hack i'd prefer it, 2 teens boy and girl, a kid, and a toddler... lets just say both teenagers have 6 body skill, do they alternate days going to school so someone is home with the toddler?

i just REALLY dont want to download another hack or mod
Instructor
#24 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 8:25 AM
you can do that, but it's still essentially cheating a little b/c the kid is going to school even though he/she *also* needs at least 5 body points. Even if you do send the child to school I don't think it will work for long, because kids don't do their homework if their mood goes into the red *at all*. And since you have no shower and you can't send sims to community lots to bathe, their moods will all be in the red for most of the game.

So your options are either risk having your household carted away two days into the challenge, or download a mod that stops the social worker or lets you do home-schooling. (see post #8 for link)
Field Researcher
#25 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 7:50 PM
hmmm, if there's one that lets me choose between homeschooling and regular schooling i'm in, i just dont want every single kid in my game to HAVE to be home schooled just cause i tried a challenge, and i want to be able to screw up other sim families lives with a social worker, even though i dont want the social worker bothering THIS family...

ya know?
i'll go check out post 8 and the link
Page 1 of 2