Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 2:48 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 4:14 PM.
Default The Real World Challenge
What you can do in sims is quite different than what happens in real life, so how about we step the game up and make your simmies life harder?
You will find that people in life are quite different to eachother, and most the time in sims we create sims, get them married, have kids/pets and live a fullfilling life until death. Well how about we make every sim different?

How to play
~Create a new neighbourhood with whatever terrain and name you like. I reccommend Community lots, so either build, or put down already created buildings around. In your town, there will be 8 households, and each household will be played differently. There are 15 different lifestyles for your sims and you will chose 8 of them for your households to follow up. Custom content is all allowed On the list are:

1. Normal family, man and woman married, children/pets and all that nice stuff.
Create 2 CAS adults and as many pets as you'd like and then move them into a house and then let them have as many kids as you could possibly ever want etc. FAMILYFUNDS £40,000, and the sims must buy and furnish a house with this money. You fail if your family dies, pets/kids are taken by social workers/police or if one of your adults get caught cheating.

2. Single sim on jobseekers allowance (£270 simoleons a week)
Use the familyfunds cheat to give them £270 on top of the money they already have each Monday morning. The sim can marry, have kids etc. but MAY NOT get a job. If any other sims come into the household they also aren't allowed a job but are allowed to kepp the money they moved in with. The sim will continue to recieve the £270 a week til he/she dies. FAMILYFUNDS £5,000, and the sim must buy and furnish a house with this money. You fail if the sim dies due to lack or anything (food etc.)

3. Vampire sim (nightlife req.)
Use Insim or sim blender to make your sim a vampire. The Vampire sim is a community lot freak, and to fullfill his/her needs you must let the sim visit community lots at least three times a week, and each week he/she must bite at least one person (can be any person, townies or sims already living in your town.) You can also invite sims over to get bonding and then bite them too. The vamp cannot get married or get a job, but they may adopt pets/children. FAMILYFUNDS £40,000, and your sim must buy and furnish a house with this. You fail if your vamp dies from sunlight exposure or doesn't bite at least one person a week.

4. Pet Addict. (pets req. and larger families hack req.)
This sim is an absolute lover of pets! To fullfill their needs, they must own at least 8 pets, and then have any two of them breed at least once. The sim can get a job and get married, but cannot have children. If the pets are taken by the police, the sim must then commit suicide somehow, since he/she cannot live without her beloved pets. That, of course, means you fail. Obviously, since you can't make over 8 family member in CAS, you will have to adopt at least one of the pets in-game, and for a price. FAMILYFUNDS £30,000, the sim must buy and furnish a house with this.

5. Heartstring strummer
Your sim is a wayward romance sim, and they only have one want-to have lots of lovers! The lovers can be male or female, and your sim must fall in love with at least 5 sims a week (lifetime relationship over 70) and woohoo with each one. (not making them pregnant however). You can't have your sim get married or move anyone in. Jobs and pets are optional. You fail if you don't have your sim fall in love with 5 sims a week, or if they get caught cheating. FAMILYFUNDS £50,000, so your sim will have to buy and funish their love pad with that cash.

6. Mass Murderer
Not everyone is a nice sim. Your sim has to lure townies/walkbys into thier house and then lock them in a room to die (lure them in there and then take away the door). Your sim has to kill at least 5 sims a week to suceed at their evil profession. They may not get married, have children or have any pets, and they may get a job if you wish. Your sim will fail if you don't kill 5 people a week. You may put cowplants and other death machines in the room if you so wish to. FAMILYFUNDS £30,000, your sim must buy and furnish a death pad with that money.

7. Business freak (req. Open for business)
Your sim must successfully run a home business, and at the end of the week they must make a profit on whatever they sell. The shop must be on the sim's house lot, so no buying shops away from home. You may hire 1 person to help out in the shop, and you must aim for good reports everytime. You can sell whatever you want in the shop. Get two bad ones and you fail, and if youend up getting a loss at the end of the week you also fail. You cannot have any job other than your home one, but you may marry and have children/pets if you want to. FAMILYFUNDS £40,000, and your sim must buy and furnish the house with this as well as setting up a store.

8. Promotion God (or goddess)
Your sim aims high in their life! They must get a job on the first day as soon as the paper arrives, and they must accept the first job that appears no matter what. They must then skill and make the correct amount of friends to be promoted to the top of their career at the end of the challenge. They may marry and have kids/pets. You also must have a go at all chance cards, and cannot skip them. You fail if you aren't at the top of the career by the time the 4 weeks are over, or if you get fired from your job (either by chance card or sucky work performance) FAMILYFUNDS £20,000, and you must buy and furnish a house with this. With your work money you can also extend the house and add new things to it.

9. Bare minimum
Your sim has to live on the bare minimum! That means they can only have the basic furniture for living. That is:
1 refridgerator, 1 counter, 1 cooker,
1 cheap TV, one cheap single square chair, cheap 1 square dining table and 1 cheap seat,
1 cheap double bed, 1 cheap bookcase,
1 toilet, 1 shower/bath, 1 sink
1 fire alarm, 1 phone
The house must be a 6x6 box, with no interior walls, 1 front door and four windows and a roof. You may have wallpaper and floor if you can afford it. Your sim may have a job, so they can afford groceries etc. They may not get married, have children or pets. You fail if your sim dies. FAMILYFUNDS £10,000, as you should be able to complete the challenge on that budget.

10. House of the insane.
In CAS, create 8 sims and roll a dice to decide what their personality/aspiration is. You can only control ONE of the sims, so this is basically like the asylum challenge. You may not have a fire alarm in the house, but you can have a phone. Your controllable can work but cannot get married, have kids or pets. You fail this challenge if all the uncontrollables die from a fire or something looney like that, or if your controllable dies. FAMILYFUNDS £40,000, to buy a house and furniture to fullfill your sims basic needs.

11. Childfest (req. bigger families hack.)
You create a male and female sim in CAS and make them spouses. You them have to get one of them a job (or both) and over the time period they must have and sucessfully raise 10 children. If you have the triplets and quads hack you must select random each time there is a birth. You are allowed to hire a nanny ONLY when both parents are at work. You fail if the children get taken away by the social worker or if both the parents die, and also if you don't have 10 children by the time 4 weeks are over. FAMILYFUNDS £50,000 to buy a house and furnish it.

12. Skilling Freak
Your sim aims to be the best! They must max out every single one of their skills by the time 4 weeks are over. They may have a job, get married and have kids/pets as long as they still skill in their free time. You fail this challenge if your sim dies or if they haven't maxed out all their skills by the time the challenge is over. FAMILYFUNDS £30,000 to buy and furnish a house.

13. Me and my friends
Your sim aims to be the most popular in the neighbourhood! Each week your sim must make 5 friends and 2 best friends, and keep them as friends. The sim can have a job is you so wish to and may have pets, kids and get married, as long as their friends still come first! Every two weeks you must hold at least one party and it must get a good score or better. Roof raisers earn you bonus points! You fail if you don't get 5 friends and 2 besties each week, if you have 3 sims no longer being your friend because of lack of contact, if you don't hold the fortnightly party and if the party doesn't get the minimum good rating. FAMILYFUNDS £35,000 should buy and furnish your house, and it should also fund your parties.

14. Green fingers (req. seasons)
The objective of this challenge is to become a member of the garden club by the end of 4 weeks! That means the sim must garden their socks off. If they become a plantsim in this time, you get bonus. Nothing is more important than your garden, so you don't have walls surrounding your furniture, its all outside in fresh air. See challenge choice 9 for the furniture you are allowed to have (bar fire alarm, since you don't have a wall to put it on!) You can't get married, have children or pets or get a job, as you will have no time for that malarcy. You may also have a swimming pool and a pond. You fail if your sim dies (from starvation, heatstroke etc.) and if you aren't a member of the garden club by the time the 4 weeks end. FAMILYFUNDS £20,000 for all your gardening needs and living needs.

15. I HAVE NOTHING
Your sim is as poor as can be, and must make money from scratch. Move them onto an empty tiny lot and purchase them the cheapest table, chair, toilet, phone, sink, shower and bed. Then give your sim £500 simoleons to pay for the takeaways they are going to need until they make enough cash to buy a fridge. Your sim must have a job on the first day and try and scrape up enough money to build a house, complete with a front door and windows + furniture inside. Obiviously to get promotions to earn more money your sim must skill in some way, but to get the required items to do so you need to buy them! Good luck on this one. FAMILYFUNDS= enough to buy the smallest empty lot and cheapest of the needed furniture + £500.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You must play your 8 households for 4 sim weeks (you can decide how you do the time, either each household 1 by 1 or do a week on each before changing) and if you manage to play the four weeks without failing the challenge you get points and pass! You need to basically get as many points as possible, and the harder the challenge the more points you get for it (listed below). The weeks are Monday-Monday (obvs lol) and once you have played each household for 4 weeks you add up your points and get your overall score. For every challenge you fail, you get minus points (amount depending on difficulty.) You aren't allowed any hacks except for ACR, trips and quads and insim/sim blender for making the vampire. So no max motives, no social worker hacks or anything like that, or its basically cheating! I hope that made sense lol xP
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
POINT SYSTEM

Easy challenges-worth +5 points for passing, and -50 points for failing
Challenges 1, 6 and 12

Medium difficulty challenges-worth +10 points for passing, and -25 points for failing.
Challenges 8 and 9

Quite tricky challenges-worth +15 points for passing, and -20 points for failing
Challenges 3, 5 and 10

Hardass challenges-worth +20 points for passing, and -15 points for failing
Challenges 5, 7, 10 and 13

Very hard challenges-worth +25 points for passing, and -10 points for failing
Challenges 2, 4, 11 and 14

Extreme challenges-worth +50 points for passing, and -5 points for failing
Challenge 15

You can choose what challenges you play, but remember you are aiming for high points!

Point tracking form
~Your choice of challenges [+ amount of points you can recieve for each one]:
~Passes [+ amount of points earnt]:
~Failiures [+amount of points lost]:
~Total:

you don't have to use this but you can if you want

Any feedback on this challenge would be great! Feel free to tell us about your experiences with the challenges too Enjoy!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 5:01 PM
Haven't you forgot to list the bonus points? (:
Field Researcher
#3 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 7:43 AM
9. Bare Minimum, you say you fail if your Sim dies so the point is for them to survive an adult/elder with only the bare essentials right? So why would you fail them for dieing? - do you mean if the Sim dies from anything but natural old age?

Oh Noes Not Another Blog! - where you can see my awful custom content and horrible attempts at challenges, storytelling and picture taking.
Not much up there right now, this is only the beginning! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 6:15 PM
^Yes, but as the challenge lasts only 4 sim weeks the sim wouldn't make it to elder anyway

And bonuses are worth +20

Your theory stating your epic pro-skills was an incorrect assumption.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HoodieDoodie
^Yes, but as the challenge lasts only 4 sim weeks the sim wouldn't make it to elder anyway

Ahh yes, forgive my stupidity! Haha.

I am looking forward to creating a neighbourhood for this challenge. ^.^

Oh Noes Not Another Blog! - where you can see my awful custom content and horrible attempts at challenges, storytelling and picture taking.
Not much up there right now, this is only the beginning! :D
Banned
#6 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 7:17 AM
15 mini-challenges in one! Sounds cool. I like how you adapted one of mine too (Serial Killer). :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 2:58 AM
i am totally going to try this! thanks for posting!
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 4:12 PM Last edited by EquationHouse : 30th Sep 2011 at 11:54 PM.
I am choosing to work with 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, and 15.

But I noticed, didn't you put 5 and 10 in both hardass challenges and quite tricky challenges?

Nice set of challenges, I like the really involved ones. XD

ps, I wondered if the single sim (number 2 challenge) is allowed to paint for money?
Site Helper
#9 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EquationHouse
Sorry to make yet another comment so soon but ...
That's what the Edit button is for.
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
That's what the Edit button is for.

Yeah, I guess so. Sorry, OP and all others inconvenienced. That's what I get for not lurking enough, I suppose.
Also, I tried to delete my second comment not realizing exactly what would be done so there's another error by me. Just throwing that out there. Now I know. Thanks.
Test Subject
#11 Old 13th Oct 2011 at 1:18 AM
Can you try to do all 15 at once, rotating weeks?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 1:59 PM
Hey! How is everyone doing?

So... I've not been around here in a while. I hoped all that have tried the challenge have enjoyed it? ahh :]

Equation House - I suppose they can! As long as its not a regular job, they can get money for it. This also makes growing produce something you can have your sim do.

I tried challenge 2, and failed miserably. My sim had a box house, then married and with that money extended the house a little. Then ACR thinks its funny and gives my sim children, one single and a set of twins. Then to top that disaster off, a fire started in the house. I did have a smoke alarm. But as the outside of the house was infected with roaches, I deleted the door so my sims wouldn't go out and stamp on them all day long. BIG mistake. The fire killed off both the parents which left the children to starve :[ so at the moment, I'm on -10 pts. What a fail.

I may also devise one of these for TS3! Cause thats what I'm playing mostly at the minute. The neighbourhood functions mmmm <33 What do you guys think?

Your theory stating your epic pro-skills was an incorrect assumption.
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 8:36 PM
okay, this. is. COOL. one of the coolest challenges I've ever heard of. the different families are creative and awesome! more please!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 12:15 PM Last edited by PinkySimsie : 26th Feb 2012 at 1:16 PM.
It looks really cool. I'm going to try all of them, they all sound interesting. I will be doing the mass murderer last, because I might kill someone important otherwise :D

I'll be posting my progress here, if it's OK

Challenge 1
Screenshots