Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 1:52 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 3:59 PM.
Default The Stranded-on-an-Island Challenge
Storyline: You say goodbyes to your old friends in your homeland, as you board a big wooden ship to __________. As a passenger on the big wooden ship, you are not accustomed to life on board. The bread is stale; fresh water is precious... and quite a few people have become sick on the ship, and even died. For those who have not made the journey, you hope that their souls may rest in peace. For you, you just hope that you make it through. The Captain has mentioned that the journey will take about a month, and it has been currently 25 days since you've departed. On one of the last nights on board of the ship, you feel confident that you will make it at last and start a new life there. Well, maybe you start to get a little too confident about the journey, because a violent storm creeps up to your ship and rocks the boat. It's dark, it's booming, it's scary, but you try to not let go of the ship. When the storm is over, you find out that the ship has crashed ashore. You are not really sure where you are, and there seems to be no settlement on this piece of land. You find some survivors, and they too are clueless about their situation. You think that this is definitely not the place that you intend to go, and since the Captain is dead, you can't go anywhere else for help either. The only thing you can now do is just make a new life here, and hope for rescue, even it means generations from now.

How To Begin:

1. Create 5 survivor families. These survivor families have survived the ship crash and now need to fend for themselves on the island. Each family start with $20,000-worth of goods, and you should move each family in the smallest lot possible. Each survivor family must be related by blood.

2. You should buy the cheapest priced furniture available in the game, but you should NOT include fire alarms, burglar alarms, telephones, electronics, or running water. Sims may take baths and use toilets, but they may not use hot tubs or spas or pools (items that require litres upon litres of water). Use common sense on what you should use or should not use, if you are to be on a deserted island.

3. Each survivor family should have at least one member who is of marriageable age (adult for females, and adult or elder for males). You are allowed to marry as close as the game allows.

4. You are NOT allowed to marry townies and non-playables. You are on a deserted island, remember? So, you should marry only sims from the survivor families.

The game challenge finally ends when all the families are related to each other, and nobody can marry any other due to inbreeding. At this point, the descendants will all die out, one by one, until there are none left. That is when the game can be declared "officially over".
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 2:20 AM
Sounds nice I'll have to file it away until I'm done with my current challenge (or at least until I get bored of it lol)
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th May 2012 at 7:06 AM
It sounds nice, gonna try it out right away
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th May 2012 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anonymous101
Sims may take baths and use toilets, but they may not use hot tubs or spas or pools (items that require litres upon litres of water). Use common sense on what you should use or should not use, if you are to be on a deserted island.

I would've said no baths, showers only. ^^ The converted Castaway stuff over on MATY would be good for this challenge. I may give this challenge a try so I can test empty templates - can't accidentally marry townies if none exist.