Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2019 at 10:16 PM
Default Help with Snow Please
Good Day!
I have built a Christmas/Winterfest house and I want to upload it to the Gallery with the snow on the lot. When I am in Build Mode, the snow disappears and the lot saves with no snow. I see other houses in the Gallery covered in snow...so how are they doing it? I have looked all over for an answer to this question and maybe I am just using the wrong keywords, but I am desperate to find an answer, so I thought, surely someone here knows how to do it?
Thank you for any help. I appreciate it more than I have words to express.
Star
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 19th Dec 2019 at 10:43 PM
I can think of at least 3 solutions.
1. It's just in the picture and not in game.
2. They use snow mods GoogleSearch
3. It's terranpaint and snow objects outside.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Dec 2019 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I can think of at least 3 solutions.
1. It's just in the picture and not in game.
2. They use snow mods GoogleSearch
3. It's terranpaint and snow objects outside.

Thank you for your response, but I don't think (though I am not positive) any of those are the answer. My reasoning is because these pictures of the houses are the defaults made for the gallery, which as far as I know, we don't have control over. So it isn't just the picture. I suppose it is possible it could be a mod, so I will look for that. As for terrain paint, the snow has too much depth, and it also includes the surrounding landscape outside of the lot. I know the answer is out there somewhere, I was just hoping someone here would have a definitive answer. Gosh I hope that doesn't sound rude, as that is not my intention at all. I am just so frustrated and I really do appreciate you trying to help with this. If I DO come across the answer "out there" somewhere, I will definitely post it here. Thanks again...now off to search mods, just in case that really is the answer.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 20th Dec 2019 at 9:39 PM
You may be better off asking on the official forums since this is gallery related. I think Tray Importer may be able to replace pictures but I'm not too sure how it would work with the gallery.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Dec 2019 at 10:04 PM
Snow doesn't disappear in Build mode without mods. Perhaps that is the issue? I believe it is TwistedMexi that made a mod to hide snow in Build mode so I would double check to make sure that isn't in your mods folder.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu