Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Door Locks for TS4 - Version 3c

by scumbumbo Posted 7th Apr 2015 at 8:55 AM - Updated 19th Aug 2018 at 9:36 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Dec 4, 2015 game patch

1070 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 552 Feedback Posts, 517 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 43
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#226 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 4:12 PM
Awesome job cant wait till a version that allows for only set sims to pass door
Instructor
THANKS POST
#227 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 5:03 PM
Yea!!! Thank you, Thank you. The unlocked doors have been a pain in the patootee.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#228 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 5:17 PM
thank you you are so gorgerous
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#229 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 5:41 PM
Thanks!
Doesnt work on retail lots though :/ Been looking everywhere for a door that will disable my customers from barging in my private room in my retail store. Looking forward for a better version! anyway, youre an angel!
Test Subject
#230 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
The thread's getting quite long, so I'll bump up a previous post I made to someone with what sounds like the same problem...

It sounds like the package (thats the part that contains the menus) is installed properly, but the script file that actually performs the locking is not. Basically just put the two files contained in the zip file you downloaded into your Mods folder as is. I've added a screenshot to the description page for the mod showing the two files that need to be in your Mods folder for this to work properly. Also, make sure script mods are enabled in your game options!

Didn't think to enable script mods (doh!); enabled them and then restarted the game, works like a charm! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#231 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 8:00 PM
FUCK YESSS!!!! Thank you so much!!! I've been needing this one
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#232 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 8:05 PM
No words truly express my thanks... This is one of the BIGGEST flaws EA had with base game. Thanks to you we have a fix for that! :3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#233 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 8:48 PM
Thanks! I REALLY needed this. btw if you need help with spanish translations i can help you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#234 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 8:51 PM
Genius!
Lab Assistant
#235 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1stLoser144
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
But I have 1 question, is it possible to include the ability to lock specific sims within same household from entering a room??

i was going to ask to same thing.....

fire in kitchen starts: everyone in house comes to yell at it!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#236 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 11:49 PM
thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#237 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 11:52 PM
Thanks for sharing this is so great. But one question: Can I use this mod in my retail shop (a bakery) to prevent customers from wandering in the kitchen while letting my employees in ?
Test Subject
#238 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 12:32 AM
It's not working for me. I extracted the two files from the original and kept the script file as it was in the mods folder without unzipping it, but the locked doors still don't work and visitors still barge right in. I really need this mod someone help.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#239 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 1:05 AM
Thank you, Scumbumbo!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#240 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 1:56 AM
lol wow the people have a new super hero. We have been waiting for this for sooooo long. Thank you so much!! Love all of your mods, and I appreciate that you also take time to do updates.=P
Deceased
Original Poster
#241 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 4:58 AM
Picked up GTW and starting work on some enhancements.... It will probably won't be until after the weekend until an update is released, but the first targets are to provide some additional lock types:
  • Lock out teens & children both
  • Lock out just customers
  • Lock out customers and visitors both
  • Anything else that looks easy enough to implement quickly
  • Plus, hopefully a little bonus surprise (nothing really major, just handy)
If the customer stuff ends up being easy, the update could be sooner - if it's tough it could be later.

The individual sims stuff will be tough, but I'm determined to give it a go after I get version 2 out the door.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#242 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 7:34 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#243 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 8:03 AM
you are the best
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#244 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 8:57 AM
Excellent job on the mod. Strange how the makers didn't release this within the get to work expansion pack as it is needed if you had living areas and employee rooms in your custom retail business. Cant wait for new updates as my new sim addition ( robot type sim mod ) im looking to get a way to allow employees into the staff room and my "Robot" locked in the sales floor.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#245 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 9:01 AM
omg thank you! have no idea why this isnt in the game to begin with... so im SO grateful you took the time to make this~ perfect for making my shop @_@ and stopping pesky people from getting into my kitchen lol.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#246 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 10:17 AM
omg ive been waiting since ts4 came out for this! thank you so much you are AWESOME! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#247 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 12:48 PM
Would it be possible to have this mod like the locked doors for the sims 2 or the sims 3 apartments? Or would it have to be a new callbox/mailbox combo or a new mod altogether? I'd ike to start building apartments in the sims 4.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#248 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 12:56 PM
Will you be making it to where it locks out specific sims? Thanks for the mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#249 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 1:15 PM
This will really help!
Test Subject
#250 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Picked up GTW and starting work on some enhancements.... It will probably won't be until after the weekend until an update is released, but the first targets are to provide some additional lock types:
  • Lock out teens & children both
  • Lock out just customers
  • Lock out customers and visitors both
  • Anything else that looks easy enough to implement quickly
  • Plus, hopefully a little bonus surprise (nothing really major, just handy)
If the customer stuff ends up being easy, the update could be sooner - if it's tough it could be later.

The individual sims stuff will be tough, but I'm determined to give it a go after I get version 2 out the door.

Thank you so much!!
Page 10 of 43