Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Door Locks for TS4 - Version 3c

by scumbumbo Posted 7th Apr 2015 at 8:55 AM - Updated 19th Aug 2018 at 9:36 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Dec 4, 2015 game patch

1070 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 552 Feedback Posts, 517 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 43
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 3:52 PM
Bless you! The single most requested game change in the Sims 4 GTW discussion threads! Hurray!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#102 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 3:52 PM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 3:53 PM
oh my Thank YOu so much for this! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#104 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 3:58 PM
Yes! I needed this so much! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#105 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 4:03 PM
*bows to you* I just got the base game this past week. And one thing I missed was the lock the door!! EA seem to forgot that since we don't leave our doors open neither should our sims. No wonder there is bugler yet... So... *keeps bowing to you* :D
Deceased
Original Poster
#106 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Brilliant! How did you actually do it - I mean add the portal test? I didn't see any portal test hooks in the code, unless they just got added with this EP.
I figured it out from looking at how visiting sims are kept out of houses until they are greeted, which is a role. Looking at role_state_base I saw a call to _add_disallowed_portal, which led to the portals code. If you had searched for "disallowed portals" you would have found it, but someone at EA must have thought that would make things too easy to call them that! Anyway, the disallowed portals just eliminate specific doors from being considered when building the sim's pathing so that they don't even realize that a door exists there.

So the basics were in there, and in fact the majority of the code is primarily involved with keeping track of which sims to disallow and making sure EA's stuff didn't unintentionally step all over the new locks. Feel free to check out the code, the source is included, and if you have any questions (or suggestions for improving the code, in places it's just nasty!) just drop me a PM or ask in the creator forums.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 4:16 PM
Thank you so much. Now hopefully I can keep those annoying customers out of the living quarters.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 4:21 PM
YESSSSS I've been wanting this so bad ;u; Thank youuuuuuu >u<
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#109 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 4:24 PM
Omg, just leave a problem at doorstep of MTS and the brilliant minds will fix them! You are fantastic scumbumbo! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#110 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 4:27 PM
Yay! Scumbumbo to the rescue. Thanks so much for this. I tried it at my Sim's bakery and it worked! I only tested it like 30 minutes but it worked! Great Job a much needed mod for any retail store.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 4:28 PM
Thanks!!!!
Deceased
Original Poster
#112 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jojobees31
I've download it correctly and when I hit lock female out she still walks in. I lock it for child sim still walks in and male too. This mod doesn't work
It sounds like the package (thats the part that contains the menus) is installed properly, but the script file that actually performs the locking, is not. Basically just put the two files contained in the zip file you downloaded into your Mods folder as is. I've added a screenshot to the description page for the mod showing the two files that need to be in your Mods folder for this to work properly. Also, make sure script mods are enabled in your game options!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#113 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
I figured it out from looking at how visiting sims are kept out of houses until they are greeted, which is a role. Looking at role_state_base I saw a call to _add_disallowed_portal, which led to the portals code. If you had searched for "disallowed portals" you would have found it, but someone at EA must have thought that would make things too easy to call them that! Anyway, the disallowed portals just eliminate specific doors from being considered when building the sim's pathing so that they don't even realize that a door exists there.

So the basics were in there, and in fact the majority of the code is primarily involved with keeping track of which sims to disallow and making sure EA's stuff didn't unintentionally step all over the new locks. Feel free to check out the code, the source is included, and if you have any questions (or suggestions for improving the code, in places it's just nasty!) just drop me a PM or ask in the creator forums.

It's pretty complex and convoluted then! Well done for figuring it all out!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#114 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 4:32 PM
thank you, great as always,wonderful
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 4:33 PM
Oh, Scumby! This is awesome!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#116 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 4:45 PM
omg I love you lol Thank you Thank you Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 4:47 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! When I saw the title of this while browsing the mods I was freaking out, people have been waiting so long for this! :D
Test Subject
#118 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 4:53 PM
Do you think you could make one more like Sims 3 or some mod that would let people establish bedrooms? It's really annoying when you design a room for one sim and then someone else takes it over.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#119 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 5:00 PM
OMG! OMG! OMG! Love it.

Question. Can it ever, in the future be coded to lock out teen or are they only coded as adults in the games path coding, Run a Foster home and they keep sleeping in my bed and hanging out in my bedroom. LOL.

Curious. But thanks for all your mods. Could not play without.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#120 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 5:14 PM
Is it bad I almost cried with happiness when I read the title of this mod?

THANK YOU SO MUCH <3

You are now my most favourite person in the world
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 5:15 PM
Thank you Thank You THANK YOU! i have been complaining about not having lockable doors since the beginning of time. So THANK YOU. :-D
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 5:19 PM
Thank youuuuuu!!!! :lovestruc :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#123 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 5:32 PM
thank you so much !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#124 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 5:35 PM
c'était vraiment nécessaire..!!
Deceased
Original Poster
#125 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lacirev
I ran into a bug where once i locked a door, and sim would be able to go out the door, but not back into the door, after the door has been locked and unlocked, i did use the Mod Manager too
Sounds like it was probably just a temporary glitch, possibly caused by intereference by one of the EA locks for a walk-by sim. Disabling and re-enabling the lock should straighten it out if it occurs again.
Page 5 of 43