Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Door Locks for TS4 - Version 3c

by scumbumbo Posted 7th Apr 2015 at 8:55 AM - Updated 19th Aug 2018 at 9:36 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Dec 4, 2015 game patch

1070 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 552 Feedback Posts, 517 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 43
Deceased
Original Poster
#176 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by turistas
when you say 5 sims, will it only be 5 sims per lot, or 5 sims per door? have a game of 15 sims and this would be great to have to make them use there own apartments.
It would be five per door, and 5 is just a number I'm throwing out - might end up being more or less, but I think five should be doable. The main point is that there would have to be a limited number of "slots".
Is Claeric
#177 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
The thread's getting quite long, so I'll bump up a previous post I made to someone with what sounds like the same problem...

It sounds like the package (thats the part that contains the menus) is installed properly, but the script file that actually performs the locking is not. Basically just put the two files contained in the zip file you downloaded into your Mods folder as is. I've added a screenshot to the description page for the mod showing the two files that need to be in your Mods folder for this to work properly. Also, make sure script mods are enabled in your game options!

I have both in the folder and script mods are set up.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#178 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 12:06 AM
*Bows down*
We are not worthy...We are not worthy...

Jokes aside, this is awesome! :D Thank you so much! People can complain about TS4 all they want but when awesome modders like you pull through and create this aesthetic mods that really round out the game it makes it pretty awesome. :D <3 Thanks so much again! Keep it up and I hope you get GTW soon (it's loads of fun), but from what I've seen YouTubers (like The Sim Supply) use the Mod it seems to work with GTW technically the Sim owns the lot, it's just a retail lot, I haven't tried it myself but I'll update if I doesn't! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#179 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 12:07 AM
Yes thank you I've been looking for something like this it's annoying having sims go into rooms that I don't want them to!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#180 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 12:09 AM
thank you!
Deceased
Original Poster
#181 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Scarity
I have both in the folder and script mods are set up.
If you could send me a screenshot of the files in your mod folder maybe I'll see something that's not right. Also, double check that the script mod option is on if you haven't already as the option generally gets switched back off by the game patches and sometimes it can be easy to forget.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#182 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 12:21 AM
Thank You, But Could You By Any Chance Make A Door Lock For Adults?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#183 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 12:27 AM
Thanks so much! I've quite missed this feature, especially when throwing parties!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#184 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 12:40 AM
Wow I been waiting for this one!! Thanks A bunch!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#185 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 12:42 AM
Finally!!! Thank you so very much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#186 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 12:42 AM
Finally! Thank you!!
Deceased
Original Poster
#187 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JakeC0001
as requested the STBL zipped for French translation.
Thanks, looks good except the language ID number is wrong (but I fixed that) and the last string isn't translated (Lock Out Child Sims) but I think I got that right based on the other strings you translated. Let me know if it ends up needing correcting.

The upload has been updated, the package file inside is now version 1a. The script has not changed.

Thanks to @egureh @letrax @Okuraio and @JakeC0001 for their kind work providing translations!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#188 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 12:56 AM
Thanks You!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#189 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 1:03 AM
This is so handy thank you
Is Claeric
#190 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 1:14 AM
Mods are all good
Screenshots
Test Subject
#191 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 1:20 AM
It would be five per door, and 5 is just a number I'm throwing out - might end up being more or less, but I think five should be doable. The main point is that there would have to be a limited number of "slots".

i hope it possible. would make my game so much better! thanks for all the work you do!'

edit: a bit off topic.. but in the coding, did you find anything about making it so when you go in CAS, it only brings in the 1 sim, not the whole family (breaking anyone game who plays with more then 8)
i know aliens can go in cas by themselves to disguise themself, anyway to give that option to all human sims?
Test Subject
#192 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 1:23 AM
I don't have the EP yet, so not sure if it would work on retail lots or not. My guess is no, unless the lot is "owned" by a sim household then they should be able to set locks. As I said in the description though, allowing sims to edit locks on venue lots might be doable in a future version. I haven't even tried that yet, and probably won't for a while. Between fixing mods broken by the latest patch and working on this, I haven't played in weeks, lol!
I saw another test it out in their lets play. Seems it works to keep visitors out even on store lots owned by sims. I don't have that pack yet either, but I can say with certainty that it didn't seem to fail or disappoint in that area. I just downloaded it because of that person testing it out. I wanted to try it out myself. Thank you for making this.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#193 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 1:33 AM
Bless this post.

But seriously, thank you so much for this! You've probably already been asked this a million times, but the only thing this really needs is an option to hand-pick which Sims can use the door. But aside from that, this is perfect.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#194 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 1:40 AM
Thanks a lot for this mod..
Is Claeric
THANKS POST
#195 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 1:53 AM
Oh my god.

Installing a new graphics card made the game reset all my options. For some reason, that included turning off script mods. It works...my game was just STUPID.
Test Subject
#196 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 1:57 AM
I'm sorry, but there is still a huge problem that makes this nearly useless. Any sim in the owned houshold can open a door, even if it's one person's room. There absolutely MUST be a way to lock specific Sims out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#197 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 2:08 AM
OMG! You should work for EA :D Thanks for this :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#198 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 2:25 AM
Thanks for locking the doors !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#199 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 2:30 AM
You sir are a legend everyone has been waiting for this thank you for taking the time to make and share this wonderful mod !
Deceased
Original Poster
#200 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Scarity
Oh my god.

Installing a new graphics card made the game reset all my options. For some reason, that included turning off script mods. It works...my game was just STUPID.
Oh thank goodness, I was about to reply to your screenshot that everything looked right and I hate it when mods don't work for people when it seems they're doing everything right. Trying to diagnose those kinds of things without being able to see what's going on is very challenging sometimes! Glad you got it fixed!
Page 8 of 43