Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 10th Sep 2022 at 7:07 PM
Default Factory District
Greetings!
I have uploaded all the lots for the factory district, please tell me which ones do you like best. I tried my best to make factories that blend well in the background so that is why there are smaller factories in the shores of the lake. Like always please use cleanInstaller for installing them. Also I added Crumplebottom Court in the factory district, the house its prior to the factories so thats why its in an industrial area. There are some factories that I love and some of them that needs rework or some building to replace them.
Pd: They are only shells though, feel free to choose which one to use in your final version
Ppd: Dont forget to teach me how to cfe gables, I need them for a next construction of mine
Pppd: I added the cemeteries, feel free to reject them or use them, i dont like them a lot however its a bit tricky to do a good cemetery.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  PackagedLots-Factory District.zip (18.42 MB, 5 downloads)
File Type: zip  PackagedLots-Cemeteries.zip (3.34 MB, 3 downloads)
Advertisement
Theorist
Original Poster
#102 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 7:10 AM
Thank you, Frodo. I just shared all the factories I made before yours. Not just for share probably but more with reason to store it. I am sure lack of players will download those unfunctional, old things
Please tell me, doyou still ned a tutorial? I just found that I forgot the way I built those roofs so that needs a little bit more to investigate about how to make it step-by-step because all the process how I made those roofs was the mess.
Anyways if you still need it, I'll write the tute and this will be my next check. My fugly Factories shared. Check

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 11:55 AM
Well I still need it, I still dont know how to do it yet ;-;
I think I will try to do a hospital, a school and a train station next. I dont have much idea for a school though, for a hospital I want to recreate midnight hollow hospital or something like that and for the train station I think its okay if i recreate Mapocho station from Santiago of Chile? By the way I checked the link, I was going to tell you anyway , thanks for the compliment ( I suppose thats me????? Or you have another creator lurking in the shadows?)
Maybe I will try to do a orphanage too or a woman club in belgravia or maybe near the tea house? ( but more a literature club rather than a typical victorian male club) Being brief I need ideas for the next possible lots:
-Townhouses or shops near the teahouse ( maybe a flower shop?)
-midnight hollow hospital
-a school
-a orphanage ( I think I will do a medium size neogothic house for this one)
-a train station ( I thought of Mapocho station or something similar to it but in brick, but if you have a better idea please tell me)
-a brothel, however I dont know where to place it or the style of it
-A museum, maybe??
I think thats all unless you have more ideas.
By the way where I can put the train station?
Theorist
Original Poster
#104 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 1:52 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 15th Sep 2022 at 2:03 PM.
That was you mentioned in thread text. I forgot you nickname so ended up with abstract "creator".

The train station is also idea suggested by Simsample previously. So I had in mind how I see it. I see it like a long lot with 1 wigth and two sided roads to put over the train line somewhere between secretary services and those ex-ruins lot you occupied for ladie's club. It is possible with mod which allows to put lots over hood decorations and Moo's lot adjuster.

I have no ideas for other lots. I never thought about such great development.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 2:29 PM
Do Simsample want to the train station? I think that I can give it a try and I have some idea in mind but I want to know if Simsample wants to do it first
Theorist
Original Poster
#106 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 6:10 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 15th Sep 2022 at 7:25 PM. Reason: XD
Quote: Originally posted by Frodo1990
Do Simsample want to the train station? I think that I can give it a try and I have some idea in mind but I want to know if Simsample wants to do it first

Simsample is busy with project developed by self. I have not seen any efforts before. But we can make sure by summon @Simsample here and ask:

Do you mind to build the Train station for this neighborhood? May I let Frodo1990 to build those Train station in case you don't?

Uh. Wait. Simsample have not suggested the train station but the promenade. It is in 36th post. Oh. Such a confusing situation.

Regards Vic

Lab Assistant
#107 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 6:47 PM
I built one anyway, I had a idea when dreaming so i built it but i dont mind if simsample wants to take it.
I think that using a similar style you can build a movie theater or something like that
Greetings
Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#108 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 6:59 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 15th Sep 2022 at 7:25 PM. Reason: Ok i sustain EA dev's idea to update the Sims endless times so I updated this thread endless times too
I built one anyway, I had a idea when dreaming so i built it but i dont mind if simsample wants to take it.
I think that using a similar style you can build a movie theater or something like that
Greetings

Well i thought train station will need another layout actually yours does look more like central terminal which is more suitable for my Central Telegraph building place

Still when talk about central terminal either central telegraph I think it's better built than mine. Looks marvelous. I like those windows. I felt myself miserable before your majesty

There is a Flea Pit. You could see it... It is next to High Street which is opposite Food Factory (oh well, hopefully my hashtags are clear. I use almost all my English first school vocabulary)

Lab Assistant
#109 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 7:43 PM Last edited by Frodo1990 : 15th Sep 2022 at 8:14 PM.
Now I built an hospital or sanitarium or anything suitable for medical necesities, i think that can be located in the factory district, there is enough space there.
The train station huh? You want something more simple? Well you can send photos for references to know what you want however if you want to build it yourself its not difficult to do it. Literally that you can build a cinema with this style however i like the original cinema. Maybe later I will upload the shells for the crocket/cricket club house, the hospital and the big train station.
Pd: Files for hospital1, crocket/cricket lot and train station, like always use Clean Installer please and feel free to modify them or reject them
Ppd: I think that you should change the roof of the food factory, i can show two ideas that i have ( i like the more simple one though)
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Lots3.zip (3.84 MB, 5 downloads)
Theorist
Original Poster
#110 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 9:08 PM
Now I built an hospital or sanitarium or anything suitable for medical necesities, i think that can be located in the factory district, there is enough space there.
The train station huh? You want something more simple? Well you can send photos for references to know what you want however if you want to build it yourself its not difficult to do it. Literally that you can build a cinema with this style however i like the original cinema. Maybe later I will upload the shells for the crocket/cricket club house, the hospital and the big train station.
Pd: Files for hospital1, crocket/cricket lot and train station, like always use Clean Installer please and feel free to modify them or reject them
Ppd: I think that you should change the roof of the food factory, i can show two ideas that i have ( i like the more simple one though)

Look here. I meant in such area like my Borough you could place the lot like this

I thought about the platform or signal box for this area. The signal boxes were a thing for victorian times. I saw one before for TS3 and bookmarked it. Here is the link:
https://modthesims.info/d/669144
hazelnutter was so generous and provided the info links about signal boxes in Britain. There is a link to wiki page in the thread. You could find some inspiring. Some of those were really sweet. And you won't go overboard with this idea as that looks pretty hmm... historicaly accurate.
The problem with such lot placement I show:
a) you need certain mod for placement lots intersecting hood decor. I can't remember the link.
b) once you place the lot like this, it hides itself under railway mound and comes unaccessible. This can't be fixed even with lot adjuster because it works with not empty lots only. So you should start this lot on distant terrain.
Hope I provided you with some inspirational resourses.

Regards Vic ^_^
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#111 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 12:29 AM
I have this idea for the signal box, its good enough? Or you want to go more simple even? It has stairs for the second floor, so you can add a home there I think?
By the way I think that I have an idea where to place the old big train station, you can add it to the right of the tea house ( near the road that goes to the hills) and transform it into a government building or a theater or cinema or anything that you want
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Small station.zip (1.24 MB, 4 downloads)
Theorist
Original Poster
#112 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 7:29 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 16th Sep 2022 at 1:07 PM. Reason: Idea!
I have this idea for the signal box, its good enough? Or you want to go more simple even? It has stairs for the second floor, so you can add a home there I think?

Bwahah. Don't you think that I tried? Once got I stuck with idea how that would be. Could you imagine this signal box in work? You are sitting in toilet when locomotive with its funnel blasting fog clouds runs under this house. The next questions are: How long can you sit then? And how long the passengers can breath?
That's fun-tastic I am not pretending to be extremely realistic. It is fusion by design and interesting in game. But I tried it also and I found it is not fit. Not my cup of tea. Sorry

It could have been done as signal post above the road. Either could have been split into two rooms above each road by both sides from railway connected with bridge. But I gave up the idea once started. I have thought to create just a simple platform but not started it yet.

Edit: The platform could be put right on the alley so pedestrian sims could go through. I just found those idea, and guess it should work because why it souldn't? Go on and try if you like those ideas.
By the way I think that I have an idea where to place the old big train station, you can add it to the right of the tea house ( near the road that goes to the hills) and transform it into a government building or a theater or cinema or anything that you want

At the outskirts? Why? It is the back gardens of belgravia houses. Those back road could rather be used to grab trash from belgravia houses (by the way, great idea I just found to place there trash cans from all residential houses). No, no, no I guess that will really fit somewhere in center. May be instead of my Central Telegraph. Don't mind to sacrifice my own buildings for better ones because it's worthy. I want to reserve those area. I don't know exactly, but I will populate those area with help of yours. So something will be there for sure.

Thank you for your imagination. Regards Vic

Lab Assistant
#113 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 3:20 AM Last edited by Frodo1990 : 18th Sep 2022 at 3:36 AM.
First thanks for the tutorial on CFE gable roofs, I will look at it and try to build something with it
Second I did a optional building to replace the central telegraph, it has a clock tower and its a bit big but i think that can have different uses apart from telegraph office at the first floor. Please tell me if fits in your neighborhood. Also i converted the old station in a theather, tell me if you are interested on it, its partially furnished. By the way i think that you should build the signal post, when you have a clear idea in your mind its a good idea to do it yourself
Greetings
Pd: It would be a good idea to build something with the style of the telegraph office, i think that can suit well the neighborhood but i dont know where, its a good style for commercial buildings
Ppd: I found the next lots in ts3 exchange, I think that you can try to replicate them and replace the goth manor with one of them. Also you can try a neogothic mansion for the goth family or something similar to nottebohm chateau or collinwood manor ( the house from dark shadows)
https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetai...assetId=1381597
https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetai...?assetId=382629
https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetai...?assetId=385521
Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#114 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 1:33 PM
I don't know what to say. Once I want to place something on the place of my house, you recreate those house I want to replace and build another.
You are doing good. Do as you wish.

Yes. I will build signal post myself. Thank you.
Regards Vic

Lab Assistant
#115 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 9:21 PM
Some idea of what to build next? I dont know if build a school or a hospital or a neogothic mansion, photos would be apreciated or some insight of what you want to see next.
Theorist
Original Poster
#116 Old 19th Sep 2022 at 12:23 PM
I have no ideas, Frodo. I am sorry.
Regards Vic

Lab Assistant
#117 Old 19th Sep 2022 at 7:26 PM
I see, I will wait until I got a bit of inspiration, im a bit dry to tell the truth ;-;
Theorist
Original Poster
#118 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 12:56 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 22nd Sep 2022 at 4:57 PM. Reason: Question
Hello, Frodo1990. The factories were placed with no issues. The water weed (those dirt patches) surface looks odd because it repeats the shape of bottom. But I guess it is a result of water shaders and because I started to use Cinema Secrets instead of Radiance Lighting after the game crash.

Belgravia Gentlemans club suddenly changed its sun angle so now it is looking off from the row. Here is the old screen though.

After I enter and save it, sun turns to facade. Frodo1990, can you share your redeveloped houses from 84th post here? There should be middle and end-of-row units. As I see sun angle also changed for you and maybe if I'll place it in row that will look seamless from neighborhood view.

The rest of your buildings are pending review. Sorry for my slow brains.
Regards Vic

Theorist
Original Poster
#119 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 10:23 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 24th Sep 2022 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Links added
I read this article and found that I have some edwardian proprties. High Street has some of houses with Edwardian look. I am not really happy with it because Edwardian times were happening after Industrial Revolution had ended. And I am confused now with my Cotton Floss Manor which was planned as blatant and vulgar. Though now I think it is too much. There will be some facade repaintings of course. And after Frodo came up with idea of Nottebohm Chateau or Collinwood Manor, Cotton Floss now looks questionable.

Lab Assistant
#120 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 9:37 PM
I like cotton floss manor despite the strange colors, however i leave to you to recreate Nottebohm Chateau or Collinwood Manor, they are quite difficult indeed. I dont know when i will upload the townhouses, is there any method to fix sun angle for the gentleman club? I have been translating these days mostly so i dont know when i will return to building but feel free to continue building
Please take care!
Theorist
Original Poster
#121 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 1:24 AM
I like cotton floss manor despite the strange colors, however i leave to you to recreate Nottebohm Chateau or Collinwood Manor, they are quite difficult indeed.

Ok then I'll leave all the rest like they are now. I feel a bit weary about this neighborhood too. So won't probably have power enough for such a great builds
I dont know when i will upload the townhouses, is there any method to fix sun angle for the gentleman club?
As I found, no. So I decided to build a copy with plans and bluprint yours. I'll try to make it as close to yours as possivle.
No need to share townhousrs then. I found I can paint those myself based on your puctures.
I have been translating these days mostly so i dont know when i will return to building but feel free to continue building
Please take care!

I counted recently the number of lots and there are 60+ already. I think there is no big need already in new lots because I don't want to outnumber. My laptop is starting to move camera stepwise when I test some of your lots, and it becomes normal when I pause the game. I will locate all your lots with few changes. "Mde Rosmerta lil cottage" souds odd and I will rename it to more friendly "Madam Rosemary's little cottage". I thought it should be lady's club but there is no gender restricted doors, so I'll place it. And you forgot restrooms. Anyways with changes, the shell pass muster. But I will refurnish it sagnificantly.
I think you already made a lot. So thank you, thank you very much with all my heart!! You are really much of help!! :lovestruc Please write me down few words sometimes!
Regards Vic

Lab Assistant
#122 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 1:13 PM
Thank you for your kind words
Please post some photos when you have finished it or make some more progress
By the way do you want to make some silent hill inspired neighborhood someday? I want to make a neighborhood using Aviolina cc and maybe using some windows cc and walls cc.
Theorist
Original Poster
#123 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 11:34 PM
Thank you for your kind words
Please post some photos when you have finished it or make some more progress
okay
By the way do you want to make some silent hill inspired neighborhood someday? I want to make a neighborhood using Aviolina cc and maybe using some windows cc and walls cc.
I don't know wherever wind blows me. Currently I want to finish this neighborhood and don't planning anything next.

Forum Resident
#124 Old 6th Oct 2022 at 9:51 PM
Greetings!
I have uploaded all the lots for the factory district, please tell me which ones do you like best. I tried my best to make factories that blend well in the background so that is why there are smaller factories in the shores of the lake. Like always please use cleanInstaller for installing them. Also I added Crumplebottom Court in the factory district, the house its prior to the factories so thats why its in an industrial area. There are some factories that I love and some of them that needs rework or some building to replace them.
Pd: They are only shells though, feel free to choose which one to use in your final version
Ppd: Dont forget to teach me how to cfe gables, I need them for a next construction of mine
Pppd: I added the cemeteries, feel free to reject them or use them, i dont like them a lot however its a bit tricky to do a good cemetery.

I love all those factories :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 7th Oct 2022 at 2:48 AM
Thank you, feel free to use them in your neighborhood if you want, they are empty shells though
Page 5 of 8