Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Decorative Parking Spaces - with random cars parked

by MogHughson Posted 18th May 2009 at 3:45 PM - Updated 17th May 2011 at 6:16 PM by MogHughson : Removed internal categorisation as a driveway

246 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 209 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 10
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 20th May 2009 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kluless
I have NL, UNI, Seasons & FT ep's, I've only tested on one lot but it seems to work OK.
So Seasons and FT would have rolled up the code that is missing from NL and allowed this to work for you. Thanks for getting abck to me with those details.
Test Subject
#52 Old 20th May 2009 at 3:16 PM
thanks for the help, it works
Test Subject
#53 Old 21st May 2009 at 12:55 AM
Way cool!!!
This is so cool. I wish there was a way to have your sims' park their cars in these parking spaces for even more realism instead of parking on yhe side of the road. :lovestruc
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#54 Old 21st May 2009 at 1:12 AM
Awesome download. Tiny nitpick: the "Understanding the Scenegraph" link in your original post is broken.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 21st May 2009 at 1:23 AM
This is really, REALLLLLY useful. Thanks so much!!
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 21st May 2009 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Redd Velvett
I wish there was a way to have your sims' park their cars in these parking spaces for even more realism instead of parking on the side of the road.
I've had the same thought, but need to learn a bit more before I'm able to tackle that one I think

Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Tiny nitpick: the "Understanding the Scenegraph" link in your original post is broken.
Fixed
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 21st May 2009 at 8:54 AM
What a fantastic, original idea! I will be trying it as soon as I get my new computer and can play all my EPs again. For curiosities sake is there a way to hide the Maxis cars so only edited custom vehicles will show? I intend to start a Medieval hood.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 21st May 2009 at 10:27 AM
This is great, but there is one thing that hits me, if they only show up in livemode, that means that the parkinglots will still be empty from neighbourhood view yes? Personnally that´s always been a pet peevee for me.
Scholar
#59 Old 21st May 2009 at 6:09 PM
I saw this in creator feedback and have been waiting for it to be available for what feels like forever! Brilliant idea, brilliantly done and thank you so much for making it!
Now I'm going to run SimPE for the first time and try to learn how to sort the cars out

Edit-The link's not working! what do I do?
Edit 2-Noticed that the url included 'journal' and checked your journal.
Now I have the tutorial, and I feel like an idiot

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 22nd May 2009 at 1:06 AM Last edited by DOHC46 : 22nd May 2009 at 1:07 AM. Reason: spelling
ZOMG! This kicks multiple forms of buttox! Thanks!

The height of innovation sometimes comes at the peak of laziness.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 22nd May 2009 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAngua
For curiosities sake is there a way to hide the Maxis cars so only edited custom vehicles will show? I intend to start a Medieval hood.
I wondered about that when I made it, but my initial take was that medieval hoods don't have car parks. However, that said, I could split the package into two - the parking space in one package and the cars in another, perhaps once there are other cars marked to be selectable and then you could not have the Maxis cars. Also, if you are SimPE literate, you could just remove the car OBDJs from the package in the mean time.

Quote: Originally posted by simathome
This is great, but there is one thing that hits me, if they only show up in livemode, that means that the parkinglots will still be empty from neighbourhood view yes? Personnally that´s always been a pet peevee for me.
Yes, I'm afriad that is the case, as it was far more complicated to make it work if it didn't do it that way.

Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
The link's not working! what do I do?
Edit 2-Noticed that the url included 'journal' and checked your journal.
The link is OK for me when I'm logged in, but I can't see it as a guest. I wonder if something has changed recently to mean that links to other people's journal entries don't work anymore - can some other people try clicking this link and let me know if it works?
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 22nd May 2009 at 4:46 PM
This is incredible. So so useful. Go you!
Scholar
#63 Old 23rd May 2009 at 5:30 PM
Woo-H00! I LOVE it!
You're amazing! Thanks so much!

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 23rd May 2009 at 8:40 PM
Very clever! I hate empty parking lots too. It will work nicely with my car lot as well I bet.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 24th May 2009 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
I wondered about that when I made it, but my initial take was that medieval hoods don't have car parks.

I thought it would be nice to have Hexameter's fantastic horse drawn vehicles showing up, maybe in a grassy field, I'll have a go I've done a little bit in SimPE. Thanks.
Scholar
#66 Old 25th May 2009 at 2:38 AM
I just like to say I love it I tried for myself and this is the best creation that I ever seen kudos to you hopefully I hope to see creators who create cars could update to your parking spaces to make it visible.
Test Subject
#67 Old 25th May 2009 at 6:38 PM
thanks so much! i've been wondering why they don't park in the parking lot but on the road. this really helped! thanks again!
Theorist
#68 Old 26th May 2009 at 6:11 AM
Wow this looks great, thanks for sharing! Definitely makes the game more realistic this way.
Test Subject
#69 Old 26th May 2009 at 4:08 PM
Hey,
here is an idea to use it for...
A CAR PARK
thx thx thx thx A+++++++++++++++++
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 26th May 2009 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil coxy
Hey,
here is an idea to use it for...
A CAR PARK
thx thx thx thx A+++++++++++++++++
Er, yes, well done.
Banned
#71 Old 28th May 2009 at 9:50 AM
Default All my cars supports your mod now! ^^
Hi MogHughson, I've updated all my cars. Now, every car made by me is already updated and they supports already your mod.
Test Subject
#72 Old 28th May 2009 at 4:29 PM
Hi Mog,

I had the idea to make your space available for specific vehicles by using a different 'Selector Sub-Category' for the vehicles - would this be easily achievable?
Test Subject
#73 Old 28th May 2009 at 5:18 PM
This is great just what I was looking for. I have been using the simslice sport cars, because you can put them on a community lot, but there is no variety. This is amazing thank you so much.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 28th May 2009 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vpn
Hi MogHughson, I've updated all my cars. Now, every car made by me is already updated and they supports already your mod.
Hi vpn,
Yup - your MTS2 uploaded car is already linked on the related pages tab.

Thanks for doing that. That's great!

Quote: Originally posted by kluless
Hi Mog,

I had the idea to make your space available for specific vehicles by using a different 'Selector Sub-Category' for the vehicles - would this be easily achievable?
Ordinarily I would have said yes, certainly the selectors makes it possible, but there are two baby-changing tables that are categorised as cars by Maxis (!!!) which would need to be fixed so that they weren't found by a sub-selector of -1 (which is what you would need to say all cars if you start to use the sub-selector for different car types).

What were you thinking would be the different categories?

Cheers
Mog
Test Subject
#75 Old 28th May 2009 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
Hi vpn,
Ordinarily I would have said yes, certainly the selectors makes it possible, but there are two baby-changing tables that are categorised as cars by Maxis (!!!) which would need to be fixed so that they weren't found by a sub-selector of -1 (which is what you would need to say all cars if you start to use the sub-selector for different car types).

What were you thinking would be the different categories?

Cheers
Mog

I have a garage lot and have used your spaces to have cars appear at the petrol pumps etc. I would like a tow truck to randomly appear in a specific slot.

I've tried changing the selection criteria in the BHAV's to 3,4 and changed the tow truck to 3,4 - I tested this in a test neighborhood and it works, just selecting the tow truck. I guess it could be used for emergency vehicles too.

If I want to use both types of space, I guess I'd need to change the GUID's for the new version?

Bob
Page 3 of 10