Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 10:05 PM
Default Wall and floor viewer
Is there such a program or utility that allows you to see all the walls or floors in your downloads folder without being in the game? And also gives the file name? I remember having something like that long ago but cannot find it or even remember the name though I think 'Home' was part of it. I've been trying to sort and pare down my huge download folder without losing files that are used in my neighborhoods and trying to do it with just SimPE is agonizingly slow.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 11:02 PM
Homecrafter?
It's an official EA program (like Bodyshop) but it has to be installed. It was taken down alongside the first official site, but you can get it here: https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...0Site%20Archive, directly under where it says "Tools".

It still works for Windows 10, by the way (I have it installed and working fine).

It's really a program for making walls/floors/groundcovers, but you can use it for viewing them, too.

If you have any issues installing it, here's a possible solution: https://simswiki.info/wiki.php?titl...elp:Homecrafter (but try installing by double-clicking the EXE and going through the regular process first. Just thought I'd leave this one here in case you needed it. Mine seemed to install and run fine without it).
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 11:35 PM
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 6:42 PM
Thanks to both of you for your answers. Home Crafter was the program I was thinking of. And I found it hiding in one of my backup folders shortly after my original post. It shows all the wall and floor files but unfortunately only shows the same data as the game does. Doesn't help with a file name like wall_ae123f6dcb4.package. I've been going through my walls and floors one at a time with SimPE and making sure the in-game data matches the file name. I've been really surprised at how many creators didn't put their name in either place. I've just downloaded the WTF editor and am going to try it out right now.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 9:01 PM
I find SimPE a bit more practical for editing, because Homecrafter can be a bit of a pain to work with if you don't get all the details right (I think it only allows you to make copies of the files you want to edit and not direct edits, just like in Bodyshop - but correct me if I'm wrong here).