Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

NPC Career Mega Pack (FIXED 9.12.08)

by TashaFaun Posted 23rd Jul 2008 at 10:09 PM - Updated 6th May 2009 at 12:13 AM by TashaFaun

108 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 97 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 8:16 AM
These look fabulous -- much needed.

Daman, Sim Wardrobe has a hack that lets you hire any playable sim to be your maid: http://www.simwardrobe.com/

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#27 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 10:08 AM
Wow this NPC Career Mega Pack is so great ! I have one question/request thow. If I provide you with the translation, would you make a french version of it?
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 10:23 AM
As for the male social worker, couldn't you have just assigned him a suit and tie that is from the base game that closely matches the female social worker?
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 2:18 PM
I love the idea and downloaded immediately. I do have a question though, about Maid career; I have a default replacement outfit for my NPC maids (They wear the BV Housekeeper's outfit instead) so how, if at all, does this affect the outfits in your career?
Test Subject
#30 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 2:26 PM
kwl, i wanted a sims to have a maid career instead of just making them wear the outfits! thanks !

life is soo cool! Make the most of it man.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by demoizailes
Wow this NPC Career Mega Pack is so great ! I have one question/request thow. If I provide you with the translation, would you make a french version of it?

Definetly Not right away but thats definetly doable!

Quote: Originally posted by aceman67
As for the male social worker, couldn't you have just assigned him a suit and tie that is from the base game that closely matches the female social worker?

If you take a look at Bidou's editor you'll see you can only assign one outfit per level. It doesn't go by gender otherwise I would have done that

Quote: Originally posted by velvetmagras
I love the idea and downloaded immediately. I do have a question though, about Maid career; I have a default replacement outfit for my NPC maids (They wear the BV Housekeeper's outfit instead) so how, if at all, does this affect the outfits in your career?

I believe if you have a default replacement it would show up as the replacement. Since I didn't add a custom outfit it should just pull from whatever is in game. I could be wrong though. I might re-download that replacement (I had it at one point but I missed the french maid look for some odd reason lol) and test it out.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 5:29 PM
This is so awesome!! I can't wait to try it. What a great idea and one I never even imagined would be possible. Now I can finally have my sims be social workers too!

Thank you for this great addition to the game. I agree - why didn't EA think of this!!

BTW I also would love to have the nanny career. Kudos on a first great upload!!!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daman19942
This is an awesome group of careers. I will definately be using some of these. An interesting thought, do you know if using SimPE, one could actually make their own sim into an NPC Maid persay? That would be cool if you could.

Jade Elliot used to use SimPE to do surgery so the Maid NPC looked just like the sim she was playing.

And with these careers you can finally make it realistic! Thank you SO much. I have often thought I needed something like this. It's great! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#34 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 7:53 PM
Very kewl. Great job
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 9:02 PM
So I figured out how to use Bidor's editor and get more NPC outfits. So my next pack of careers will be as follows:
Animal Control
Nanny
Server (waiter/waitress)
Delivery Person
Headmaster (aka private school principal)
Repo person
Masseuse
Matchmaker
Tour Guides (one career for each locale)
Food Judge

Expect those to be out within the next week and after that I'll do the french version for these careers and correct that bit of spelling. Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions.
Eminence Grise
#36 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 12:46 AM
oooh nice! Here's another spelling thing: "impecable" should be "impeccable"

Looking forward to the next set!

My beef is with Uni professors... not only are they unemployed when you move em in, but they don't have a college degree. I wonder how hard it would be to do a mod that gave em a college degree? Since you can see their wants if you date them while they're still non-controllable, what would be optimal woiuld be if they had a degree at the outset, not just after you move em in. Yes I realize this would eb a totally separate mod
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 1:30 AM
D'oh! Thanks for the correction! You could always make them selectable then use Pescado's lot debugger to graduate them and give them a diploma.
Test Subject
#38 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 3:19 AM
Thank you!! These are great!!

Foot: A special device used for finding furniture in the dark.
Test Subject
#39 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 4:37 AM
Hey thanks nice job ... Question (sorry if I missed this I kind of read quickly) do the careers have different levels to them? And do you change outfits when you ride to work? Does a car come to pick you up? Is the car special for your job?? These are the questions that haunt me.. lol jk Nice job!! Keep em comin'!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by summergrl
Hey thanks nice job ... Question (sorry if I missed this I kind of read quickly) do the careers have different levels to them? And do you change outfits when you ride to work? Does a car come to pick you up? Is the car special for your job?? These are the questions that haunt me.. lol jk Nice job!! Keep em comin'!

Some of these were covered in the post. They do have ten different levels each but they are all the same so the job stays the same for the NPCs. The outfits are those of the NPCs in game (hence the picture with all the sims wearing NPC outfits lol). Yes the carpool comes (as I thought for all careers they do). The cars are simply the hatchback, taxi, sedan etc from in game.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 7:31 AM
Nanny Career
Quote: Originally posted by TashaFaun
I will definetly be doing the nanny career

Thank you, I have been looking for a sim-nanny career. Is there a chance though, that you could make it a teen career too? It jst seems more real to have teenage babysitters, then old ladies
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 8:03 AM
It will probably just be adult/elder. Although baby sitters are usually teens nannies are another thing entirely. I could do a baby sitting career for teens at some point though
Alchemist
#43 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 1:48 PM
This is great! I tend to "save" NPCs from the darkness, and will be using your new careers for sure, thanks,
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 7:49 PM
I love this since I'm a mail carrier myself. It's quite a compliment saying it's not for the weak . I prefer to hum along with my Ipod, though. Thanks for this.

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." Luna Lovegood

"It's lucky it's dark...I haven't blushed so much since Madame Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs." Albus Dumbledore
Field Researcher
#45 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 7:32 AM
wow!!!!!! thank you

I can't speak read and write english. I'm sorry if you can't understand!.
Test Subject
#46 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 6:57 PM
great addition.... anyone create a way to use the newer body shapes? I.E. Huge bodybuilder, and Bear meshes?
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 4:36 PM
These are really great to have, and I've had them in my game for a few days now, but what I'm finding really frustrating is that sims in these careers return from work with the full motives they leave home with. Don't sims get tired doing these jobs?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 6:05 PM
I'll fix that at some point as its annoying me too, just too busy at the moment
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 2:25 PM
The motives are now fixed and if anyone wants the french translation (this is a DIY thing for now until I have time to re-do these in french) you can get it here:
http://www.demoizailes.net/carrieres-pnj.html
Thank you so much to demoizailes for translating them and vr795 for noticing the motive thing!
Test Subject
#50 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 5:35 AM
I've always wondered why Maxis never did this but whatever. This is cool so I'm going to download it!

Also, what does NPC stand for anyway?
Page 2 of 5