Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2021 at 7:39 PM
S3PE will not update .package file!?!
I have no idea what I am doing wrong, and I am literally self-harmingly infuriated right now, I really super hope that somebody - anybody! - can help me, please! :-(

I've downloaded some custom clothing .packages, and I do not like the fact that they are ValidForRandom. I have tried following the guides at https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti..._Tuning_Modding and http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp..._Tuning_Mod.pdf and am using the latest versions of S3PE and Notepad++. However, when I open the file and make the change, then close Notepad++, S3PE does not give me the "Resource has been updated. Commit changes?" popup. I have therefore tried "Save As..." in Notepad++ and then using the "Resource / Replace" option to add the new file, and THAT imports as entirely different text, starting with something about "Error reading resource." I've also tried this in plain ol' Microsoft Notepad, likewise to no success in actually updating the file open in S3PE.

tl;dr - I am following the guide; the software is not!

Is there something else I'm missing? Do I not just open the .package file?? I've been trying and struggling and googling for days now, and had no luck with this simple, simple, simple thing!

I'm utterly lost. I really do not know what to do. I've made the change, I've hit "Save," and . . . the change has not saved. It's, it's, it's, it's.... I don't get it! How does SAVE not SAVE?! Why are my updates not updating?

Please, I am begging, what am I getting wrong? Why do my updates not update?

My arm is already covered in bite marks from the F R U S T R A T I O N and all I want is this one, simple change (which if you ask me ought to be built-in in-game, but that's a whole rant)... So much of the documentation has fallen offline and the "It's easy! Just follow This Guide!" links are all 404. Sourceforge has no support at all...

Thank you :'-)
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 31st May 2021 at 7:41 PM
Addendum: I've made sure the files aren't read-only, I've hit the "Clear read-only flag" option on Notepad++, and no matter what I do, when I made the change in the text editor, S3PE does not acknowledge that the resource has been updated, or ask to commit the changes.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 31st May 2021 at 9:17 PM
Those tutorials are absolutely working and correct, but they are for tuning xml or tuning files. This is not what you want to do.

If I understand correctly you are trying to change the catalogization of a CAS part. This is done by selecting the CASP resource by clicking on it and then using the "Grid" button at the bottom of the S3PE window.

This will open a dialogue that gives you the catalogue options.

You can change the assignements from true to false (or vice versa) by double clicking on them. You don't need Notepad for that.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st May 2021 at 10:27 PM
OH MY USER, THANK YOU SO CUSSING MUCH!!!! :D

I knew it had to be something simple, like I had no gorram idea what I was actually DOING!