Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Real Body Overlays - Tattoos Updated 12/10/2008

by Morague Posted 13th Jul 2007 at 11:22 PM - Updated 30th Apr 2009 at 12:37 AM by Morague

174 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 167 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Test Subject
#101 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Carida
But sadly the tattoos disappear when I leave the lot and I have to put them back on again. Not that is really a problem, but just wondering if that is what is supposed to happen? Or I might have simply installed things improperly.. well I just figured you migth want to know

It is the same problem in my game. But it is only this box. The other one works fine.
Ah, and when both boxes are ingame none of the overlays do appear after the next restart.

But despite all of that: I love it, I was looking for something like that for a very looopng time. So thank you very much for creating this and share it with all of us. Thank you very much indeed.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#102 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 11:10 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "this box" - are you referring to the crate? If so, it won't work with both the old object & the new object in the game because it's the same GUID. You have to delete the original one & replace it with the new one as I exlained above, in the directions.
Test Subject
#103 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 3:05 AM
This is really awesome, I wish I had season though, I don't think it'll work without it?
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 5:25 PM
Oh, excellent! Thank you, wanting something like this for a long time..
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 7:46 AM
BRILLIANT!!! I'VE WAITED AGES FOR THIS!!! (just didn't have the talent) *Smirks*
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 3:02 PM
yay now my fave sim can have his dragon tattoo thank you so much

"We'll creep together you and I, for I know where all the small friends are..."-Ramona A. Stone(David Bowie)
Test Subject
#107 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 6:08 PM
Thank you so much!

I just want to report to anyone who is wondering, this works just perfectly with Marvine/Beosboxboy's bodybuilder mesh

And thanks for the tutorial! For now I'm going to just change one of yours - that is about up to my skill level but I *hope* to figure out how to add more. (It isn't a problem with your tutorial, I just suck.) If I do manage to get something that I'm not embarassed for others to see, I will upload them - surprised no one has done so already, actually

Anyway, thanks again for doing this!
Test Subject
#108 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 5:20 AM
I guess it will be hard for other simmers to upload their own additions of this, because the skinner has to modify the package with the name of the tattoo etc?

althought this is awesome... and wont stuff with my Sims genetics... and the pointless DNA that doesnt work when u have kids.

also, has anyone else played with this yet and created any tattoos?
Test Subject
#109 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 5:39 AM
something else i just thought of... if u export a sim... with the tattoos... im guessing it doesnt follow them... but if u add the 2 Overlay packages along with the sims... will it still pick them up apon install onto another game or hood etc?

hopefully Maxis will create a catalog like the piercings in the new EP. but for tattoos like this mod.
Field Researcher
#110 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 9:16 AM Last edited by JLonier : 5th Nov 2007 at 10:36 AM.
lovely mod!!
I've already started working to make my own tattoes but for some reason I can get them to work. I've already tried 5 times!
I'll try again and if it doesn't work I'll probably be begging for help on the tutorial post
Test Subject
#111 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jellygoose21
I guess it will be hard for other simmers to upload their own additions of this, because the skinner has to modify the package with the name of the tattoo etc?

althought this is awesome... and wont stuff with my Sims genetics... and the pointless DNA that doesnt work when u have kids.

also, has anyone else played with this yet and created any tattoos?

I'm still working on it, but I've started. Keep in mind this is a work in progress, and I'm still playing with it, but I have done this - it's a circular Celtic knot on the small of the back and bands on the arms. Shown are Marvine/Beos Athlete mesh, BB mesh (ok, satyr mesh, but it's the same size as the BB) and regular maxis default size. It is distorting a bit on the BB mesh, but not too bad. I'm still working on it, but I'm pleased with how it is shaping up so far. Once I get it like I like it and finish working my way through the tutorial, we'll see about uploading it.
Test Subject
#112 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 10:22 AM
Hey there...
I installed your tattoos into my downloads folder, and yes I didn't read that I needed "Seasons"...The result? Now Bodyshop crashed everytime I try to launch it. I have deleted your files, but still Bodyshop registers a fatal exception. Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting bitchy (anyone that downloads for Sims runs a risk with their game) - just wanna know if you have any ideas for a solution.... Thanks.
Test Subject
#113 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 3:08 AM
I really like these in the game- will you add more?!?!?!
Test Subject
#114 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 2:32 AM
This is great thanks so much but do you know of any versions of this either that you made or someone else did that doesn't require Seasons cause I don't have that expansion pack yet.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 7:22 PM
Ah, I've noticed that the tattoos will disappear when the game is restarted or when I left the lot. I know others have posted the same problem, but I was just letting you know that it was the same for me. Otherwise, everything looks excellent.

Loff
Test Subject
#116 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 1:48 AM
Can you make colored picture tattoos for me?

Quote:
So swim to the end of the river
Until there's no shiver left in your spine
Live like there won't be tomorrow
See through your sorrow
See through your own eyes
-Beautiful Life by Charlotte Martin

Call me Nozomi. Nothing else.
Simmer, Pokemon Trainer, and proud! ^_^
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 3:42 PM
Thanks so much for this wonderful mod, Morague. I've finished my Maxis tattoos, finally. Thanks for all your help in my repair center thread!

i've massacred my manicure, (am i poisoned flesh?)
and made a mess, (a sweet caress)
of morning light to midnight.
Test Subject
#118 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 5:16 AM
I love this creation, you are a freakin genious!! I only have one problem, unfortunatley! Everytime I exit the game, the tattoos disappear! Is there any way to fix this? I think it might be because of Bon Voyage, this new expansion has caused a lot of problems with other mods that I had.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#120 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 7:48 AM
I haven't had any time at all for modding these past few months & likely won't for a few more. I am sorry there are issues with the tattoos disappearing. At this point I really have no idea. Once I get my life back this will be the first thing I look into, but it's going to be awhile yet.
Sockpuppet
#122 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 7:52 AM
FreeTime feedback:

The tattoo overlay is saved while the game is still running but when you exit the game and launch it again the tattoo overlay isn't loaded.
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 10:28 AM
do we truly need seasons for it?

Our love... will never die no matter how many times people try to destroy us
Sockpuppet
#124 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 7:19 PM
Yes, because there are the sunburn/frostburn overlays !

But I don't know about EP2 Nightlife and its vampire overlay.
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 4:58 PM
Hurrah! Thank you, this is awesome
Page 5 of 7