Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Default Replacement Eyes for TS3

by aikea guinea Posted 18th Jun 2009 at 2:00 PM - Updated 27th Jul 2009 at 8:01 AM by aikea guinea : Added information and fixed typo. Eventually added a comparison picture.

199 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 189 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:04 PM
wow thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:07 PM
Beautiful! Thank you so much. Good job! *.*

I'm sorry, but I don't live to please you.
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:08 PM
O__O How in the wold did you succeed ??!!

I bow to your greatness, I've been tinkering around TS3 trying to modify just about anything, but... Epic fail -__-.

The eyes are amazing, truly love them to bits .
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:13 PM
Thank you so much:-)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:16 PM
YAY! I think they are wonderful and definitely oodles better than the creepy default.

You don't mention it, but will this work even on already created sims? In HP's default replacement, she says that because of the nature of Sims 3, existing sims would not take on the change until the player changed something in the mirror for every outfit.

Are these the same?
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by studyofme
You don't mention it, but will this work even on already created sims? In HP's default replacement, she says that because of the nature of Sims 3, existing sims would not take on the change until the player changed something in the mirror for every outfit.

Are these the same?

Already existing sims should update automatically if you delete simCompositorCache.package under my documents/electronic arts/the sims 3/

It's a cache file storing all the data of sims already loaded at least once by the game, used to speed up things and reduce stuttering. By deleting it, it will be rebuilt from scratch when you start the game, and by being reloaded, sims should get the new eyes.

BTW, aikea guinea, great work, thank you very much. I have this Cossette sim that really needed some decent blue eyes

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:33 PM
Thanks, finally, better eyes for TS3 !
Field Researcher
#9 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:34 PM Last edited by lizbethbear : 19th Jun 2009 at 4:20 PM. Reason: follow up
oh super fab, will install today and check them out. Thankies!

edit: Checked them out and they are awesome!! Now my self sim can have light blue eyes without them looking weird and translucent.
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:36 PM
YAY thank you
i didnt like the default eyes <.<
^^
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:46 PM
Hurray, thank you for the lovely eyes! The sims have such beautiful, interesting faces too.
Scholar
#12 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:58 PM
Woohoo.....they're getting better looking every day....lovely eyes are my weakness....just can't say no.....thank you for sharing them!
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:58 PM
can you upload those boys too? omg the're so hawt *__*

and thanks for the eyes!
Test Subject
#14 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 3:01 PM
Quick question... will the eyes look like that in the game or just in CAS? Just wondering because currently eyes in CAS look more glossy than in the game which appear very dull/flat. Thank!
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 3:32 PM
Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou.
Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 3:36 PM
Thank you! The older eyes were so dull.
Test Subject
#17 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 3:37 PM
Beautiful, these are great, I was so tired of the ones in CAS also you should totally upload those sims, especially the first, seriously these are some good looking sim boys and lord knows I need some in my game.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 3:38 PM
These are beautiful, thank you so much!
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 3:39 PM
Sorry, I'm replying again, I just re-read it and I'm very excited for when you release these hair meshes and skintones (if you do), because I'm so in need of CC for these distraught sims, they look really good!
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 3:42 PM
Did you update the skin and the eyebrows, too? Amazing work.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 3:45 PM
Absolutely stunning! I've been waiting for an upload other than houses and textures. Thank you soooo much!!!!!!!!

Kiss me in the rain so you can’t see my tears.
I cry to be with you,
But I’m held back by my fears.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 4:04 PM
Fantastic, thank you very much for your hard work......looking forward to more defaults of........everything, lol!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 4:16 PM
I think I love you.

(So what am I so afraid of? :D)
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 4:20 PM
Yay, great!!! This morning I wondered if someone is at this, and just a few hours later - TADAAA!!!

It's so wonderful that people like you are in process beautifying the game - *hug*hug* be so much thanked!

New hair mesh? Skintone? *hopsaroundhappilybutwaitingpatiently*
Test Subject
#25 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 4:25 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH i cannot believe eyes came so fast - you are a true miracle worker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 8