Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Default Replacement Eyes for TS3

by aikea guinea Posted 18th Jun 2009 at 2:00 PM - Updated 27th Jul 2009 at 8:01 AM by aikea guinea : Added information and fixed typo. Eventually added a comparison picture.

199 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 189 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 4:29 PM
This is and amazing improvement. With the skin tone replacements and the eye replacements the sims actually look more realistic. The pictures you have are very realistic. Great creation!

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
Sims Sentral Has It All!!Join Today!
Instructor
#27 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 4:30 PM
I love these, thank you. (:
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 5:08 PM
Yay! Finally some eyes that don't look lifeless and dead. I don't know why EA insist on making such horrible looking eyes. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone made some great looking default eyes. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 5:16 PM
So much better. Thanks, they look great in the game
Mad Poster
#30 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 5:34 PM
You are so amazing and talented! I fangurl you, hahaha!

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us. We are so spoiled now. LOL!

Can't wait for the skins and hair when you are done. Huzzah!!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#31 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 5:44 PM
The eyes have it! Thank you for these!
Test Subject
#32 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 5:44 PM
Aikea Guinea never fails to amaze me! Great work! Cannot wait for what you do next!
Test Subject
#33 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 5:46 PM
Very nice work, The time and dedication people like you put into making the game more realistic and fun is something that should be applauded by EA. Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#34 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 5:58 PM
wow! i was wondering if its impossible to make cute guys for sims3... thank you so much. Without people like you, this game wouldn't be as much fun.

Life is like a box of chocolate...never know what you gonna get- Forrest Gump
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 6:06 PM
thankyou you are great i hate the eyes that are with the game
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 6:19 PM
Great job. Thank you very much.
Test Subject
#37 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 6:20 PM
I guess I am sort of confused. Is there a file that we should back up if we decided we didn't want these?
Not actually evil.
#38 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 6:29 PM
Glad to see folks have already figured out how to make default replacements. Inge and Echo for the win! I think these look quite nice actually. Yay for Aikea textures!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Scholar
#39 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 6:38 PM
Sims 3 seems more buyable every day. =)
Test Subject
#40 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 6:39 PM
I really like theses eyes they look so much more realistic they need people like you to develop the sims
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shellyd710514
Quick question... will the eyes look like that in the game or just in CAS? Just wondering because currently eyes in CAS look more glossy than in the game which appear very dull/flat. Thank!

After installing, simply delete the simCompositorCache.package from My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Don't worry, it'll respawn when you start your game. I only remembered I'd wanted to add that in the original post after I hit submit on this last night, of course.

Quote: Originally posted by jennicaw
I guess I am sort of confused. Is there a file that we should back up if we decided we didn't want these?

Nope, nothing to back up. If you decide you'd rather have the original default eyes back, simply remove this package and delete the simCompositorCache.package to restore them.

you stare at my shoulders
are you surprised to see one more devil 
where angel wings should be..?
Alchemist
#42 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 7:18 PM
Now my sims' eyes look so realistic and so lifelike. Thank so very much for them. I am so glad that my eye color can match your sim eye color. :lovestruc

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 7:37 PM
Thanks for this. They're lovely.
Test Subject
#44 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 7:40 PM
The sims in the screenshots are not too bad either. Awesome work.
Test Subject
#45 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 7:42 PM
Oh, I think I love you. The one thing I wanted most for TS3 - better eyes. Thank you, you brilliant person!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:01 PM
Not only do I want to thank you for sharing your lovely default eyes but I am equally impressed with your sharing of the information of what the purpose of the simCompositorCache.package is and what happens when I delete it. As a total novice at anything to do with the inner workings of a computer program, I feel so much more comfortable when I understand what happens when I delete a file. In the past, I have done so with fear -- and now I feel great about it!!
Test Subject
#47 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:15 PM
SO thanks for the eyes, because the game needed them for sure, but what is the allure to making them default replacements rather than just another selectable option? I'm new here, so I'm not trying to be critical, just asking. I mean these are better than the originals, but what if someone else makes some different ones that I also like and want to have the option of selecting either or? It seems like it'd be easier just to make them a selectable add on rather than the default replacement.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:24 PM
bows down before you...."you are awesome!, thank you so much for these, my sims are starting to look great with all of your awesome mods, just waiting for shine to hair and they'll be so realistic.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:36 PM
I'm sorry, but how can I pay attention to eyes when there are BEAUTIFUL SIMS stealing my mind!LOl. I think you can say that you are the FIRST to do this with eyes on ts3 so congrats to you! They look great!
Test Subject
#50 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedScott
SO thanks for the eyes, because the game needed them for sure, but what is the allure to making them default replacements rather than just another selectable option? I'm new here, so I'm not trying to be critical, just asking. I mean these are better than the originals, but what if someone else makes some different ones that I also like and want to have the option of selecting either or? It seems like it'd be easier just to make them a selectable add on rather than the default replacement.

Well, there's no "allure"... it's just that we have no other option - as of now. Game's out only by a couple of weeks, it's already a great thing that we are beginning to see the first default replacements (and being them such good improvements) so soon. Some ways to actually ADD things instead of replacing 'em are just beginning to be guessed/discovered/worked on right now... and it's quite likely that genetics will be some of the hardest things to add as good "separate options" since there'll also be the need of finding a way to make them carry over between generations as well.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
Page 2 of 8