Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Default Replacement Eyes for TS3

by aikea guinea Posted 18th Jun 2009 at 2:00 PM - Updated 27th Jul 2009 at 8:01 AM by aikea guinea : Added information and fixed typo. Eventually added a comparison picture.

199 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 189 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 8
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 9:32 PM
Thank you very much for such awesome eyes. I love your work and am so thankful that my sims won't look lifeless anymore. Thanks a billion.
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 10:46 PM
This skintone is beautiful, where did you get it?!
Test Subject
#128 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 11:42 PM
Just tried this in game. Loving them. Beautiful. Very much looking forward to the skin and hair, too. Thank you so much.
Banned
#129 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineMc
I think I love you.

(So what am I so afraid of? :D)

lmao that was great.

anywhoooo, fabufabulosoooo, though to tell you the truth, I didn't notice the terrible eyes until you mentioned. thanks so much gossshhh. No only joking, soooooooo hyper today...WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME!!! sorry you didn't need to hear that.
Test Subject
#130 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 3:23 AM
thank you so very much very cool
Test Subject
#131 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 5:00 AM
Good jog!the beautiful eyes ,thanks!
Theorist
#132 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 5:03 AM
I didn't pay too much attention to the eyes but I can see that these eyes are a good step up from the originals! I'm using these for sure, thanks for sharing!

BTW is the "well thought out twinkles" a reference to the Silversun Pickups song which goes by that name? Nice touch. :P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#133 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ajoya
This is 'fan'tabulous aikea.
hemmmm, the dude in the 'mesh-n-the-making' photo?...it appears to me that I see Tristen in his eyes. XD

Mind telling me where I can get my grubby hands on this SP3I?

It is Tristan in his TS3 form! That you recognized him means I've done well. XD

SP3I can be found here. It's a bit scary at first, but it's really useful. Don't be afraid to just jump right in.

Quote: Originally posted by candiegrey
Thank you for uploading these! Quick question though...where can I find the default eyes in the multitudes of folders for Sims 3 so I can delete it?

You don't have to delete anything. Installing this file per the installation instructions just means that it'll be loaded before the game files, thus 'overwriting' the original.

Quote: Originally posted by harryishere
please please please can you make a tutorial on how to change the eyes, please, i would really like to have a go at it myself. i think yours are really good but i want to make some which suit my style of sims

I will! The more people making stuff, the better, I say!

Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
BTW is the "well thought out twinkles" a reference to the Silversun Pickups song which goes by that name? Nice touch. :P

Yes, it is! I friggin' love Silversun Pickups. They're a recent obsession of mine.

you stare at my shoulders
are you surprised to see one more devil 
where angel wings should be..?
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 7:28 AM
Thanks for these so much! =D
Btw, as I've seen you've been told numerous times, your sims are gorgeous, they look as good as the Sims 2 sims did with tons of custom content. I wish I could get my Sims 3 sims to look half as good as that...
Test Subject
#135 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 12:03 PM
They're looking way better than the original ones.. Thank you very much.

By the way...
Quote: Originally posted by aikea guinea
Yes, it is! I friggin' love Silversun Pickups. They're a recent obsession of mine.

good music taste =)
First time I heard 'Little Lover's so polite' I fell head over heels for them.
Test Subject
#136 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 12:47 PM
Thank you sooo much, Aikea!!! These are lovely! :D

--------------------------
~Currently Playing with my BJDs, Sims 2 and Sims 4~
not really into Sims 3...
Test Subject
#137 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 2:36 PM
thank you VERY much!!!
the original eyes are so boring... ;(
Test Subject
#138 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 9:24 PM
These eyes are so pretty. Thanks a bunch!
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 10:52 PM
Beautiful! Thank you so much! I look forward to what else you create!!!!

Origin id: Navikats
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 2:05 AM
gosh these are GORGEOUS!
can't wait for the skintone / hair if you decide to release them!(:

When life gives you lemons, study them and write a book about all the things you can do with lemons and win an award. 'Cause awards are shiny.
Scholar
#141 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 10:45 AM Last edited by fluttereyes : 22nd Jun 2009 at 12:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by aikea guinea
It is Tristan in his TS3 form! That you recognized him means I've done well. XD

SP3I can be found here. It's a bit scary at first, but it's really useful. Don't be afraid to just jump right in.

You don't have to delete anything. Installing this file per the installation instructions just means that it'll be loaded before the game files, thus 'overwriting' the original.

I will! The more people making stuff, the better, I say!

I would be interested in a tutorial too. I'll be watching for it going up. If someone could tell me where to find the alphas in my sims folder I could have a go, I just don't know where to find them. I know how to open them and change them, just not where they are stored
Test Subject
#142 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 11:24 AM
how'd you do those lips? lol off topic. thanks anyway!
Test Subject
#143 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 11:47 AM Last edited by siberwolf : 23rd Jun 2009 at 5:56 AM.
These are beautiful, thanks so much!

Potentially stupid question was indeed stupid, so I deleted it. I located the cache files. xp
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:45 PM
Love these eyes! Can't wait for your default skintones, either!
I'm using HP's original right now but I don't like where shes going with the harsh shadows (looks odd on sims of a delicate nose shape). I love the texture of your's, it looks gorgeus!
Test Subject
#145 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 2:58 AM
These are very cool! Thanx!
Test Subject
#146 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 1:41 PM
Beautiful!
Test Subject
#147 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 9:27 PM
Thank you, these eyes have so much more colour and life in them than the originals.

And now you have me pining for skintones! The lip detailing on your models is gorgeous!
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 4:12 AM
don't you love on how the eys actually move?

"I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around every once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 2:09 PM
How do you uninstall and go back to the original eyes?
Test Subject
#150 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 5:41 PM
This is a beautiful mod! Thanks so much. I love it.
Page 6 of 8