Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Default Replacement Eyes for TS3

by aikea guinea Posted 18th Jun 2009 at 2:00 PM - Updated 27th Jul 2009 at 8:01 AM by aikea guinea : Added information and fixed typo. Eventually added a comparison picture.

199 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 189 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 8
Test Subject
#151 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 6:15 PM
You are my hero! I have always hated the maxis eyes and your version is 10000000 times better, THANKS!!

Q: How do you know that a man
is about to say something smart?
A: It will always start with "she said..."
Test Subject
#152 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 12:39 AM
Thanks!!! I love them! =)
Test Subject
#153 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 4:13 AM
Thank you so much :D
I wish I could make my own but I cant use postal (wont open for some reason) or sim3pe because my computer doesnt seem to want Net 3.5 so thats great >_>
hopefully someday soon they'll release more tools...
if only I had the dds files.........
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 4:38 AM
Did you say "Hair mesh"? 8D

*can't wait to see what becomes of this idea*

Also, *downloads eyes* Nice.
Test Subject
#155 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 5:23 AM
They look great, and I love Silversun Pickups.
Scholar
#156 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yokubou
Thank you so much :D
I wish I could make my own but I cant use postal (wont open for some reason) or sim3pe because my computer doesnt seem to want Net 3.5 so thats great >_>
hopefully someday soon they'll release more tools...
if only I had the dds files.........

I think if you have service pack 2 for xp or service pack 3 .net 3.5 is already on your pc, open your program files and have a look, this could be why your pc won't accept it, you already have it.

I thought it was already there on vista too, I would need to have a look on my vista laptop.
Test Subject
#157 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 7:14 PM
Thank you for sharing these with us! Muah!
Test Subject
#158 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:51 AM
I didn't think these were special until I saw the comparison picture. Now, I must have! Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 9:46 AM
GOD these are so expressiveee thank you so much ^_^
Test Subject
#160 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 9:43 PM
Alright, I am in LOVE with these eyes *sigh* but I can't seem to get them to work. I followed the tutorial for the Mac and I still can't get these to work. It may just because I'm a new Mac user so maybe it will come in time but um any tips anyone?
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:50 AM
OOh Great Work!! The eyes are awesome yaay!! I really hated the default maxis eyes they're so eww >.< Makes the sims look dead ugh. Oh by the way I love ur green eye male model <3 He's hawt XD Thanks again for sharing your creations! Hope to see more in the future ^w^
Test Subject
#162 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:45 PM
I think I'll download this just for the title on the first picture!
I'm a big fan of Silversun Pickups and felt a little bit of pride when I saw that. Don't really know why...
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 1:37 AM
Thank god someone did this! i hate those crappy eyes they gave us with the game lol
King1

"Love's the funeral of hearts
And an ode for cruelty
When angels cry blood
On flowers of evil in bloom"
[Funeral Of Hearts - HIM]
Test Subject
#164 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 6:38 PM
I love these replacements! Downloaded them as soon as they came out, so comments came out too late, I guess. I'll be watching for new stuff *waitspatientlywithbigsmile*

On another note, is there a chance you'd upload one of your sims ever?? I just fell in love with the one you used for the comparison, I think he's the one on the third picture. I'm struggling with making sims I actually like and I like him a lot!
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:28 AM
These are great. Its a very small change but in those pics you can see the huge impact it has.
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:26 AM
ohmg..love love love love love loooove..these are breathtaking!..and so far that skin looks AMAZING soon as its released (if its released *crosses fingers*) it shall be miiiinnneee!! hehe..GREAT JOB! cant wait for more stuffs you rawk! *adds to favorite creator list)
Test Subject
#167 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 12:34 PM
The eyes are absolutely gorgeous. Thank you very much for sharing your amazing work. I love it! And I also love the skin replacement. It looks great ingame.
Test Subject
#168 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:44 PM
i love that skintone...looks sooo better than the original ones...
when r u gonna post a download for those skins?
anywayz,eyes r great!!!
Test Subject
#169 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 3:19 AM
Thank you SO much for these amazing eyes. I didn't mind the default TS2 ones but was immediately put off by the TS3 ones.

Also, I assume those three sims in your post are Jacob, Tristan (already confirmed) and Mary? Unfortunately I don't like their TS3 versions nearly as much as their TS2 counterparts. The TS2 ones just had so much more uniqueness, which I'm not blaming on you but the game designers. Anyway, I should be babbling on your amazing story instead: http://deception-pass.dreamwidth.org/ Everyone read it if you haven't!
Test Subject
#170 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 9:51 PM
I love these eyes, they are definitely my favorite out of all that are out there!
Test Subject
#171 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 1:19 PM
Nice work, using these right now! Are any of your sims in the example shots shared anywhere? They're brilliant.

| stay free my misery |
Test Subject
#172 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 3:52 AM
These are amazing in game! Thanks for uploading them.

"Ehm.. Gentlemen."-Spy TF2
Test Subject
#173 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 12:47 AM
wow, these are really gooood, i would never know how to do this kind of thing, thankss!
Forum Resident
#174 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 1:49 AM
So lovely; thank you!

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
-Christopher Robin to Pooh
Test Subject
#175 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 1:41 AM
hey these are awesome! any chance you can make some to make the sims have no eyes im suprised no-one has done it yet?
Page 7 of 8