Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2011 at 7:31 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Permanent Counter Corners?
Is there a way to force a counter to become a corner piece without placing a perpendicular counter beside it? I want to make a shop counter with a cash register counter sticking out from the wall, then a corner piece and finally a DecraChill display instead of a third counter. However, as soon as I move or delete the third counter piece, the corner reverts to a straight piece which annoys me to no end. Is there a code or some combination of keys I have to hold to force the corner not to revert to a straight section?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th May 2011 at 12:33 PM
Counters are modular, so they automatically detect what object is next to them and switch models to match. If you want to get a counter object stuck on a certain state, you have to try to break it - use moveobjects on, force delete the counter next to it with TestingCheats, do anything you can think of to confuse the game into failing to update the object.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th May 2011 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Counters are modular, so they automatically detect what object is next to them and switch models to match. If you want to get a counter object stuck on a certain state, you have to try to break it - use moveobjects on, force delete the counter next to it with TestingCheats, do anything you can think of to confuse the game into failing to update the object.

Yeah, I was thinking I'd Shift+Click on it and try it that way but apparently that does nothing. How would you suggest I "force delete" the one next to it?
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th May 2011 at 1:37 AM
I'm also having this problem, I wanted to make a ring of counters facing outwards instead of inwards. I was unsuccessful but I'll be keeping an eye on your thread to see if you can figure it out.
Site Helper
#5 Old 9th May 2011 at 3:59 PM
boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true gives a lot of extra options. I believe one of them is to click on a object and delete it from in-game rather than buy mode.

I had a counter get broken when I used move objects to delete the one next to it when they both had items on them. That might not work when you want it to, though.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th May 2011 at 10:35 PM
Ghost - I have the testing cheats on by default but I can't shift-click on the counter while editing a community lot. Even if I do manage to delete the counter successfully in live mode, as soon as I place the DecraChill next to it, it will revert to a straight piece!
Site Helper
#7 Old 13th May 2011 at 12:53 AM
I wonder what would happen if you used move objects to place the decra-chill while there is still a counter in the spot, then delete the counter afterward? That would take a very accurate click to delete, though.

(I suppose it would be a modding question to ask if it's possible to make a small floor token that tells the counters next to it that it's a counter too?)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th May 2011 at 9:57 AM
I thought of that too but when I tried it, the counter automatically reverted :/ I think your floor idea would be awesome and very useful if it could be done. Is there a forum where I can request this?
Site Helper
#9 Old 15th May 2011 at 10:47 AM
We don't have a request forum. However, here is a list of creators who are willing to consider requests:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=392615
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th May 2011 at 8:23 PM
Boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, and then Force Error - delete. That should do it, I don't think that's been outright suggested here.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Theorist
#11 Old 16th May 2011 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
(I suppose it would be a modding question to ask if it's possible to make a small floor token that tells the counters next to it that it's a counter too?)
What a clever solution, I just tried it really quickly and it worked perfectly. I just need to clean up/create a package that can be shared and I can submit it--I don't think I'll have a chance to finish it tonight but definitely within the next day or two if no one else has done it already.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd May 2011 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
What a clever solution, I just tried it really quickly and it worked perfectly. I just need to clean up/create a package that can be shared and I can submit it--I don't think I'll have a chance to finish it tonight but definitely within the next day or two if no one else has done it already.

This would be a much more elegant solution, I think! Please do post a link to your download in this thread whenever you finish!
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 9:39 PM
I really love these dummies and use them very often. Apparently too often, because, unfortunately, I am writing to report an error!
Island Counter Dummy on the lot makes bar on the lot glitch! When someone wants to order a drink, the action resets, the Sim and the bartender reset, and nothing else happens. And if you remove dummy then the bar works fine. I observed this behavior on commercial lots, but just now I thought I didn't try to reproduce this situation on a residential lot. I am attaching the error logs. (I play in Russian, so the names of the characters in the logs are in Russian).
When I was looking through the logs, I found that Commercial Counter Dummy also causes errors in my game, which I saw, but did not have time to figure out the reason yet. Sometimes on commercial lots I noticed cats stuck in the floor. Now I understand that this happened on those lots where there were Commercial Counter Dummies. The logs with this error include random items in addition to the dummy, but I tried deleting the entire contents of the download folder, and this did not prevent the error.
Is it strange that I'm the only one in all this time who stumbled upon these errors? As I said, I tried deleting the downloads folder (except the Dummies) and it didn't help. Please, can you look at these? Cause I don't understand any of it. I want to at least understand if this is something with my files, or am I not the only one?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Errors with Bars.rar (103.8 KB, 0 downloads)
File Type: rar  Errors with cats.rar (123.5 KB, 1 downloads)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#14 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 10:00 PM
Locked thread