Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buy Set - DIY

by armiel Posted 9th Feb 2012 at 1:41 PM - Updated 10th Feb 2012 at 12:30 PM by armiel

347 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 156 Feedback Posts, 190 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 14
Lab Assistant
#301 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rororabito
I can't place cabinets... Every time I want to place one it says 'It has to be against a wall'
Can anyon help?

From reading the last couple pages, I'd say it sounds like you need to use the moveobjects on cheat to place those correctly.
Test Subject
#302 Old 13th Feb 2013 at 6:57 PM
With the creation of this fantastic mod, you have opened the doorway to unlimited possibilities and for that i just can't thank you enough XD

You are a genius!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#303 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 8:36 PM
These are awesome! Thanks so much for your hard work.
Test Subject
#304 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 6:32 PM
i am having trouble with the cabinets not wanting to drag up the wall, is there a way to do this? It gives me an error beep and does nothing when I try.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#305 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 9:11 AM
Hello quick question why is it when I go into buy mode, I can only find the bases?
Test Subject
#306 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 9:49 PM Last edited by cully_c : 24th Mar 2013 at 1:06 AM.
JoTQueen: The bases, counter top and island are in the 'surfaces' area of the catalogue, the rest of the items (shelves etc) are under 'storage' - 'misc'.
If, however, you mean that in 'surfaces' you can only see the bases not the counter top and island then you may have done what I did initially which was forget to install them! When unpacking this download the .packages go in your 'mod' folder but the simpacks go into the 'downloads' folder. Once they are in there you will need to open the Sims Launcher and click on 'Downloads' you should see the two packs at the top of the list, select them and click install (this is what I forgot to do in my excitement!) The countertop and island should now appear.

kjamriska: are you still having problems. I was having the same issue, I couldn't put cabinets on the wall, they just wouldn't snap on. For me fixing the cabinet issue required using the moveobjects cheat. Hold down Ctrl, Shift and C, a text bar opens at the top of your screen. Type moveobjects on and hit enter, the cabinets should now work.
I was also having problems with the cabinet shelves, when I tried to drag up I just got a 'can't do this' error. The moveobjects cheat seemed to work on that too although beware, with that cheat on it is easy to have the dividers and shelves 'slip back' slightly which results in the same 'can't do this' error when trying to move them.

Hope this helps some people, I was having a devil of a time too and was beginning to think that building my own units was a thing of dreams! Now I have it sorted... just hold me back!

*EDIT* Spoke too soon. Can't get the dividers to work now, they just won't slide up, so I can't do drawers. Still pretty awesome though.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#307 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 11:17 PM
Thanks a lot for this awesome set!

Had this a while ago but was too stupid to handle it. *rolleyes*
But I'll try it again. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#308 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 1:07 AM
This is mutherfrakking perfect!

Thanks so much armiel. ♥
Test Subject
#309 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 10:48 AM
it only has two sims packages with the icon and all the others has no icon what do i have to do?
Lab Assistant
#310 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 7:10 AM
Default Installing CC Help Link
Are two with the icon Sims3packs for counters or something that look like little blue squares with a plumbob? And if so, are the rest package files? If you just need help installing them, then, there is a Help Section for that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#311 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 5:16 AM
This is such an exceptional set that I simply had to take a moment to appreciate your work! I must admit, it took some experimenting to get used to the wide variety of options, but the end result is well worth the extra time spent. Thank you so much for sharing this!
Test Subject
#312 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rororabito
I can't place cabinets... Every time I want to place one it says 'It has to be against a wall'
Can anyon help?

Hi, i have almost the same problem, but instead of this error massage my cabinet itself does't go on top of (high on) the wall, also all the shelfs too, which deffinetely shouldn't be. They just get placed on the floor
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#313 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 8:36 PM
Lovely creation, I initialy had a few problems with regards to placing the items, but got over this with practice!
thanks again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#314 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 5:50 PM
very, very, very, and very nice! Thank you for all your hard work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#315 Old 14th May 2013 at 10:10 AM
carnt believe i havent downloaded this b4 now thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#316 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 9:23 PM
love it
Sockzz!
#317 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 12:02 PM
Hey, do you have some kind of collection file for this set? I love it btw.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#318 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 5:27 AM
wow~ omg!!! thums up!! wonderful~!! gorgeous!! design perfect~!! thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#319 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 9:04 AM
This is very usefull. There's nothing to say, this is perfect! Thank you! :)
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#320 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 9:19 AM Last edited by armiel : 25th Oct 2013 at 9:30 AM.
Nope, still a no. All files excluding the counter master pieces are under same category in the game, so I fail to see the point of one.

ETA: Errr, jump to last post seems to work like a charm.. The above was a reply to the last page's question about collection files :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#321 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 11:42 AM
I love to built my own stuff ♥ Thank you
Instructor
THANKS POST
#322 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 7:13 AM
Hi! Armiel, I've used your BuySet-DIY, and it's really amazing! I love it so much,and I've seen your tutorial of this set on YouTube. Now I can get well with the totally 119 Pieces parts. And I used them every where in my sim house. They all look amazing,and never look the same, different combinations suitable for the variety of rooms. I just wanna say a big thank you for your amazing creation. Here is one thing that it should be used with "moveobjects on" when we place the cabinets and the inside shelves or dividers, which you didn't mention with. However, It's a great set! Looking for your new creations!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#323 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 12:50 PM
Regarding the video tutorial:

"At first you might actually panic (there's a ton of pieces)... but please don't"
I still panicked xD Not only due to the large amount of set pieces, but also because my game runs very slowly so I kept thinking how long it'd take it to load all that, plus how long it'd take me to actually build something.
Still, the tutorial was very useful, you explained everything in a simple and easy to understand way. I giggled when you said the handles could be stubborn, sounded like me playing xD
So far I've been afraid to download this set due to its complexity, but now I can't wait to actually try it myself and see what I can come up with :D

Also, that link also led me to your youtube page, that I had never came across before, and you have really useful stuff in there. I'll be busy watching your tutorials for a while ^_^
Test Subject
#324 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 8:50 AM
Default ชอบมากเลยคะ
สุดยอดเลยคะ ชอบมาก
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#325 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 5:52 PM
Too awesome, can't wait to set up in my Sim child's room...yaaay...thank you so much for such a wonderful download...please keep them coming
Page 13 of 14