8 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#29151 Old 16th Jan 2022 at 9:21 PM
Those are inventory items. It works the same way for everything you put in inventory.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#29152 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Try deleting cache files. (The go-to answer :P)

Nice try, but no.

And also: I have a mod that offers jobs like nanny, maid, gardener, pizza delivery. The next time a playable calls for a maid, the playable who took a job will show up.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#29153 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Almost never use Body Shop, but just noticed it only has 24 Custom skins, but in-game CAS has 42. What's going on?

Could be you have skins that don't show in Bodyshop due to how they're edited. I know of hairs and clothes like that (hairs binned in certain ways get hidden in Bodyshop, and the Holiday unnatural hairs have never showed in Bodyshop but show ingame), and possibly some skins too.

Do you know which ones they are (a few of them, at least), so it's possible to check out if this is normal behavior or not for them?
Instructor
#29154 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 3:08 AM
And also: I have a mod that offers jobs like nanny, maid, gardener, pizza delivery. The next time a playable calls for a maid, the playable who took a job will show up.

Can you link that mod pretty please?
Inventor
#29155 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 4:01 PM
Which object normally brings the burglar? Burglars never come for me, and I want to see what is up with that.
Mad Poster
#29156 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 4:13 PM
No specific thing attracts the burglar. It's random.

If you just want to see how burglars work, there is a scripted burglary the first night in the Caliente home in the main hood Pleasantview.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#29157 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 4:38 PM
Yes, I saw Jessica Ebadi there. She put Nina's new exercise machine into her magic bag. I meant which "controller object" calculates the chance and invites one when it is time. Nothing obvious stands out like "Controller - Burglar" or similar.
Alchemist
#29158 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 4:52 PM
It's controller npc burglar. There's a mod on this site that makes the burglar come daily. It supposedly no longer works with the later EPs, but it would be a good package to download and pick through to get the group numbers and BHAVs, then search for the updated versions in your latest objects.package.
Mad Poster
#29159 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 4:53 PM
Ah, I see. Way outside my area of expertise. When you're looking for something in the code it's probably best to specify in the question so people like me don't come along and think we're being helpful.

I do know that there's inaccessible parts of the code and sometimes no amount of expertise can locate them, but I don't know that the different randomizers are like that; and people have fiddled with the randomizers, so they probably aren't. It's possible that the burglar chance is part of the walkby coding rather than a separate thing. Perhaps you're looking in the wrong place.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#29160 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 5:49 PM
Burglaries are fairly rare, they have a 5% chance of happening each night but only if everyone on the lot is asleep. I don't know about you, but my Sims usually have odd sleep schedules, so they probably don't even get the burglar check very often (I'm not sure exactly what time at night it checks... I want to say 2 AM but I could be wrong). Also it counts ghosts as awake Sims on the lot, so if your house is haunted that will also make it less likely you'll get robbed.

Midgethetree has a mod where you can tune the chance of a burglar appearing, you can get it at this link and set the chances higher if you want more burglaries.
Inventor
#29161 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 5:58 PM
I was running after Jessica Ebadi, saying: hey I'm awake, the owner with body skill, and I see you. But she took the stuff right before my eyes. Then I realized that I've not seen a burglar more than maybe 3 times, and I played long hours years ago, and that is why the proper response didn't occur to me. On another lot, the Travellers family wished for a bag of money from the sky. That didn't attract crime either.

Yeah, I was worried about something like walkbys breaking it, because I've replaced that part.

Speaking of Walkbys. Have you seen them taking a detour into the yard up stairs? Is it because of the drive way, or the snow? They are walking from one portal to the other, which I cofirmed by crashing one of them. I thought it might have been the bin. But they continued walking like this after I rolled the bin out.

Mad Poster
#29162 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
Can you link that mod pretty please?

can't find the original package, (so I don't know who made it) but if you PM me I can give you my copy. It's a BIG download, you could pick the jobs you want.

Mad Poster
#29163 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Could be you have skins that don't show in Bodyshop due to how they're edited. I know of hairs and clothes like that (hairs binned in certain ways get hidden in Bodyshop, and the Holiday unnatural hairs have never showed in Bodyshop but show ingame), and possibly some skins too.

Do you know which ones they are (a few of them, at least), so it's possible to check out if this is normal behavior or not for them?

====
I don't think I can figure out what is not showing up, as I mostly can't see the name, or who made them. Maybe you have a hint about finding this info?

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#29164 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
Speaking of Walkbys. Have you seen them taking a detour into the yard up stairs?

That's probably because you've moved the mailbox; they usually walk to the mailbox and then linger for a while behind it; but your mailbox is placed near the stairs, so they are moving from the stair portal up onto the deck where there are unobstructed spaces to idle.
Alchemist
#29165 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 9:00 PM
That's helpful to know. I wanted to make some wall-mounted mailboxes for cities, but it'd be really annoying to have walkbys hanging out on the porch.
Field Researcher
#29166 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 9:05 PM
I need to make a lot I can move to a space without roads - an empty island. I can deal with the portals once it's there. I've got the Lot Adjustor and know I can manage to create a lot without roads, but I don't know what I'm doing. What options do I select? Thank you!
Instructor
#29167 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 9:15 PM
Is there any harm in turning a played sim into a townie?
I'm creating a custom hood for myself and I will have playables and townies, but I wanted to create them all as YA and actually play them through uni and then decide who should be the townies after based on who I like the least.

Is that okay? To play them through uni and then turn some into townies?

I know how to make townies, however I've only ever done it with adults fresh out of CAS.
Mad Poster
#29168 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 9:20 PM
Mad Poster
#29169 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 2:42 AM
Default except how!?
can't find the original package, (so I don't know who made it) but if you PM me I can give you my copy. It's a BIG download, you could pick the jobs you want.

But I can't just paste the folder to your PM. And don't see a way to make it an "attachment"...how do I do that?

Test Subject
#29170 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 8:58 AM
Question about Bon Voyage: Can two separate households visit the same hotel at the same time and thus be on the vacation at the same time (but still remaining separate aka I know you can invite sims to come along, but this is not what I want)? Or will the second household simply be "blocked" from entering the same hotel as the other family? Or do these two simultaneous vacations happen in two parallel universes and thus the families will never exist together at the same vacation destination?

Also, so sad about Pleasantsims
Mad Poster
#29171 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 9:01 AM
If there are different families on vacation, they will not be able to share a hotel, but they will meet on community lots.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#29172 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
That's helpful to know. I wanted to make some wall-mounted mailboxes for cities, but it'd be really annoying to have walkbys hanging out on the porch.

Also check the cinematic videos if you make something like this; doesn't seem to break anything in gameplay but can have hilarious consequences for the cinematics, where taxis are driving through the house and suchlike.
Lab Assistant
#29173 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by UnfocusedBunny
Question about Bon Voyage: Can two separate households visit the same hotel at the same time and thus be on the vacation at the same time (but still remaining separate aka I know you can invite sims to come along, but this is not what I want)? Or will the second household simply be "blocked" from entering the same hotel as the other family? Or do these two simultaneous vacations happen in two parallel universes and thus the families will never exist together at the same vacation destination?

Also, so sad about Pleasantsims

What? What has happened to Pleasantsims?
Test Subject
#29174 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
What? What has happened to Pleasantsims?

She got cancelled over some comment she made 3 years ago and she decided to leave the community . She didn’t deserve this.

Her last post.

And @Justpetro thank you!!
Theorist
#29175 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by UnfocusedBunny
She got cancelled
Imagine being so sad, deprived of human touch and having such a fucked up way of fixing up with dopamine that the only thing your life boils down to is fishing for ancient, private conversations; just so you think you can justify yourself for typing things such as "kill yourself" to a complete stranger. Horrific, and the very reason I can't stand any form of discussion on the internet apart from some light-hearted/topic-specific forums such as this one.

I do get sad over the fact that the words were so harsh and prominent that it got to Pleasant Sims. Even worse knowing she had made a career out of this. Though, I do support her decision for stopping with making further content. Once it stops being fun – once it starts getting vile, and one has the ability to move away from the source of it all, I say do it. It's one's sanity that's the most important these days.
Page 1167 of 1339