Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#29176 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 12:29 PM
An empty residential lot suddenly crashes when I want to visit it (corrupted after using LotAdjuster + HoodReplacer?). Hoodchecker didn't find any corruption there.
So how can I demolish that lot safely (provided it doesn't trigger crashing)?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#29177 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
An empty residential lot suddenly crashes when I want to visit it (corrupted after using LotAdjuster + HoodReplacer?). Hoodchecker didn't find any corruption there.
So how can I demolish that lot safely (provided it doesn't trigger crashing)?

You can just demolish it while in the build mode-from the neighborhood screen. it should not crash. The bulldozer is part of the build section.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#29178 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 7:57 PM
Is there any way to give an existing Sim recessive genetics without using SimPE?? Mine keeps crashing every time I try to open any of my hoods in the neighborhood browser, which is obviously a weird problem that I know I need to fix at some point but so far none of my troubleshooting has worked -- since I hardly ever actually have to use SimPE for much, it'd be nice to have an ingame workaround for this ONE thing I need to do so I can get back to playing in the meantime, and figure out my SimPE issues later when I feel more up to it.
Inventor
#29179 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 9:36 PM
@FranH: thanks, this worked. Any tips how I can prevent lot corruption in the future? I guess something went wrong with this lot between Lotadjuster and HoodReplace (replaced the roads and terrain).
Mad Poster
#29180 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 10:11 PM
@FranH: thanks, this worked. Any tips how I can prevent lot corruption in the future? I guess something went wrong with this lot between Lotadjuster and HoodReplace (replaced the roads and terrain).

I had to google the question in order to find the answer, which was sitting in this forum all along, in a discussion:

Is there a list of non-intuitive things NOT to do in a Sims game?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Inventor
#29181 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 11:42 PM
I'm sorry, this is ridiculous. Why do regular, non-magical children urinate with music of new age crystals?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29182 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
I'm sorry, this is ridiculous. Why do regular, non-magical children urinate with music of new age crystals?

Little boys do the musical xylophone pee and there is a mod to stop that. Maybe by Squinge or pescado.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#29183 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 3:50 AM
How come sometimes bodyshop takes its sweet time to even start up to where I need to end it in task manager and start again, and then other times it pops up immediately all ready to go? It's like it only works when it feels like it
Mad Poster
#29184 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 3:51 AM
Cache files and new content requiring the generation of thumbnails.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#29185 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Little boys do the musical xylophone pee and there is a mod to stop that.

Yes, they do that. But why such a random thing? Perhaps it is a cultural reference to something previously seen on television?
Alchemist
#29186 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 12:39 PM
It's just a joke because some people call urination tinkling. Sims 1 was full of weird and random moments, and Sims 2 included a few too.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29187 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 1:09 PM
Yes, they do that. But why such a random thing? Perhaps it is a cultural reference to something previously seen on television?

I think it is meant to be funny and random and maybe more of an American thing since their toilets are full of water. A lot more water than ours. (I'm Australian) An American loo would freak me out, it would look clogged.

I had to add the loo picture.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#29188 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 1:27 PM
Current US toilets do not have that much water in the bowl, that image is old. Like 30 years outdated. In the early 90's the standard were changed so that the amount of water could be no more than ~1.5 gallons. Sure, houses could still have toilets that use between 3-5 gallons, since the longevity of a toilet is pretty long.
Inventor
#29189 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 3:59 PM
Does anyone know what the purpose is of the checkbox "Versioned Backups" in HoodChecker?
Theorist
#29190 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 10:12 PM
Instead of copying the Nxxx_Neighborhood.package to Nxxx_Neighborhood.bak and overwriting any existing files with the same name, it renames it to Nxxx_Neighborhood_n.bak, where n is the current backup number (version) (1, 2, ...).

Though I don't use any backup features from Mootilda's programs. Instead, I back up the entire Nxxx folder.
Mad Poster
#29191 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 1:15 AM
Does anyone know what the purpose is of the checkbox "Versioned Backups" in HoodChecker?

I think Mootilda originally had a reason for it, but I never saw a difference whither I clicked it or not.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#29192 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 1:39 AM

Please keep it checked! It makes back-ups of your lot, so if you mess up - you don't have to rebuild from scratch. It is a very helpful part of the program.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#29193 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Please keep it checked! It makes back-ups of your lot, so if you mess up - you don't have to rebuild from scratch. It is a very helpful part of the program.

I thought it was just checking Sims. Is it making back-ups of both empty lots and occupied lots? Where does it save them to?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#29194 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 5:01 AM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 20th Jan 2022 at 3:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I thought it was just checking Sims. Is it making back-ups of both empty lots and occupied lots? Where does it save them to?

Gah! That's what I get for answering in a hurry... Not "lots", Hoods. It makes back ups of your hoods.
(Most of Moo's programs have that helpful little fail-safe feature - I use the grid and lot adjusters all the time, which is why I typed the wrong word earlier.) Sorry
IIRC it saves them in the specific hood's folder - with a .bkp file extension.
Like this:
Screenshots

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Top Secret Researcher
#29195 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 5:45 PM
The sim manipulator has an option to have a Grim Reaper pregnancy, is that safe?

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#29196 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 6:25 PM
Yes, but it's boring. It doesn't touch the Reaper, so no changes are made, so nothing gets broken; but it calls on the nearest available genes, which usually means Face 2.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#29197 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
The sim manipulator has an option to have a Grim Reaper pregnancy, is that safe?

It should be safe, it is just drawing on Grim's DNA and not actually messing around with him. (Anyone else remember when people used to do this ALL the time back in the day? Like in old legacy stories on the Exchange? You had to kill someone, then use the Tombstone of L&D to make someone else pregnant with Grim's baby while he was on the lot. I assume the Manipulator works the same way.) IIRC, Grim will not show up on the family tree and will pass on face 2 (very dominantly; the kid will have that exact face always), dark blue eyes, and skintone 1.
Top Secret Researcher
#29198 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 7:27 PM
Thanks. I have a cleaned strangetown from Tarlia meetmetotheriver where Nervous Subject actually shows the Grim Reaper as his father. So that's disappointing. I could still pretend though if I wanted to and just keep track of it. If I do that (was just wondering, don't have any plans) at least nothing will get broken. Does this mean it's bad that the Grim Reaper shows as Nervous's father? Even though it's supposed to be a clean hood from Tarlia?

My Simblr
He/They
Inventor
#29199 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 4:03 AM
When I keep adding modifications, at some point people become reset, pulled out of interaction, motives filled, beds corrupted, missed work/school day, etc. It seems to happen not only when modifying persons but other objects too. Last time I noticed that the game asked me if I wanted "tips enabled". Is there a particular trigger for this to happen?
Mad Poster
#29200 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 4:30 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 21st Jan 2022 at 4:41 AM.
When I keep adding modifications, at some point people become reset, pulled out of interaction, motives filled, beds corrupted, missed work/school day, etc. It seems to happen not only when modifying persons but other objects too. Last time I noticed that the game asked me if I wanted "tips enabled". Is there a particular trigger for this to happen?

Usually a sign of mods conflicting, especially the jump bugs, sims resetting, and not doing tasks.

If you don't have the Testingcheats mod enabled, you get jump bugs instead of errors. Enabling the cheat would most likely give you errors (but usually that's alright - it gives you a bug report that can in some cases be helpful in figuring out what's wrong).

You'll want to check with for instance the HCDU for conflicts, as it tells you more about which mods are conflicting (just keep in mind that sometimes the report can give you a "false positive" for certain items that can work together with the right load order, and some multi-part mods can seemingly conflict with themselves. If you're unsure, ask).

Not all mods are compatible, unfortunately. Not all CC items are compatible, either. Some CC items you probably don't think of as hacks/mods can conflict with mods or other CC (especially modded items or if they haven't been updated to work for your configuration of EPs).
Page 1168 of 1345